{ Cake & carbuncle }

Activity Advent Calendar, Day 13: Baking yoghurt + apple cake in Christmas tins.

We used the recipe we always use, that is to say, my MIL's, that you can find { here }.


Other than that, lots of little things were done today.

I managed to make & finish two gifts for friends, and close their parcels, which will be shipped tomorrow, first thing. I really had today as a deadline (even though I know two of these three friends won't have their parcels in time for Christmas ... nevermind, they'll be great as post-Christmas treats !) and I'm very satisfied (taping myself on the shoulder) that I managed to make them beautiful gifts in quite no time. But I'll show the results of my "hidden" crafting (gift making so impossible to show here now !), after the holidays.

Syndey Paget, 1892

The boys did play non stop, they did some chemistry with their dad, we baked the cakes, we read books, we tidied up & they instantly created some new mess, and we watched (twice !) an episode of one of Sherlock Holmes DVD (I so do love Jeremy Brett performance) which occurs at Christmastime, { The Blue Carbuncle }. (1984 * written in 1892 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) You can read an exerpt { here }. It was so nice watching this all together, more particularly after hubby had started reading the original story outloud the previous day. (of course hubby & I had already watched it before, but not the boys) Frankly, nothing beats a Victorian Christmas !

So there, we really had a great Sunday. It was grey & it drizzled on & off all day. The temps have seriously gone down down down, and it even snowed a teeny tiny little bit on local mountains, but not here, pooooh !


Nevermind, I keep hope in my heart that it will snow once this winter. :) In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy our cozy, festive living-room (and creative space too, as it's in one of the corners of the living-room !) ...



I hope you all had a great, cozy weekend. See you tomorrow for a brand new week, the last of the season ! (and the last week of school too ! U is going back, after having spent 10 days at home, poor little one ... he still coughs & sneezes by the way, but he's fine otherwise, and there's school fete on Thursday & he prepared it all autumn & I don't want him to miss it, it'd be a pity)

Take good care, everyone xoxo

Ooh, was forgetting ...

* * * * * * * * * *

For the ones who missed it when I announced it for the first time, and who may be interested, I'm offering until Dec 24th, FREE SHIPPING, worldwide, on all orders, in my { S H O P }.

* * * * * * * * * *

And, also, Christy is having a giveaway, until Dec 17th, in which you can win one of my pincushions ... it's { over there }

* * * * * * * * * *

Comments

  1. I'm freezing at the moment. It's so cold outside, nice and toasty inside, which means lots of condensation on the windows first thing in the morning. One of my pet hates. Have to wipe them then leave the open to dry off, so now the house feels a bit too chilly for my liking! Am about to make some mince pies to have with a cup of tea, to warm me up!

    You tree looks lovely, as does your room. Gorgeously cosy.

    I left a comment for you on Flckr, but in case you didn't get a chance to read it over the weekend, I must thank you again for your card :o) very sweet of you, and now I have your address too! I've not sent out any cards this year, so will make a NY card and send that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this glimpse into your festively decorated beautiful home sonia. Thanks for brightening my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh yay! I am going to put my name in! Your Christmas corners are warm and inviting.. so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !