
Aaaah Chapi Chapo ... if you already know & are about the same age as me (31 in a month from today), you may remember it with lots of tenderness ... And for those of you who don't even know what I'm talking about, here is a little bit more about it.
Chapi Chapo is a French short stop-motion series. Created by Italo Bettiol and Stephano Lonati, with music by François de Roubaix, it premiered in 1974 on the ORTF and ran for 60 5-minute episodes. It was named "Chapi Chapo" as a play-on-words with the French word, chapeaux, which means "hats". Both of the main characters wore oversized hats that matched their clothing. The one in red is Chapi and the one in blue is Chapo.
I adored it as a child, Chris too, and now both the boys love it also ! There are not really voices (you'll see that yourself if you watch the little video) and it's cute as can be. In my opinion, it leaves tons of room for imagination. It's timeless, really precious. And the music takes you back to the 70's. (well, for us French 30-somethings ! LOL) So here is one of the series, and you can watch many of them on You Tube. (thank goodness for You Tube !)This said, I want to wish you all a fabulous vernal equinox !! Just for the info (thanks Wikipedia ... At the equinoxes, the rate of change for the length of daylight and night-time is the greatest. At the Poles, the Equinox marks the transition from 24 hours of nighttime to 24 hours of daylight. High in the Arctic Circle, Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway has an additional 15 minutes more daylight every day around the time of the Spring equinox, whereas in Singapore (which is virtually on the Equator), the amount of daylight each day varies by just seconds.
May you all have a wonderful first weekend of spring !!! Lots of love your way xoxoxo
And ... oh ... today marks also my blog 1st anniversary (well, on Blogger, because I'd been blogging for 5 or 6 years before starting using Blogger) ... I just looked in the archives, and this post is the 273th ... not too bad I suppose. Not a post a day, but well ... nobody's perfect ! LOL I hope to host a giveaway to celebrate this bloganniversary ... soon, I promise. xoxoxo
Congrats on the 1 year!! Here is to the next year! xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first blogversary Sonia! It has been a joy and blessing knowing you! I wish you many many more years of craft bliss! xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy BLOG BIRTHDAY!! Carolyn
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! :-)
ReplyDeleteI remember Chapi & Chapo very well - I loved them as a kid (I still do, oops! :-D). Thank you for the memories!
Bon blogiversaire:)
ReplyDeleteI do not remember chapi chapo.What was i missing?
Have a great weekend.
Andrea
Oh, I LOVED Chapi Chapo! It ran on a show here called Pinwheel Playhouse.
ReplyDeleteAnd happy blog birthday!
Coucou Sonia,
ReplyDeleteJe suis Laurene, de Completement Blinkies. Je ne pense pas que tu te souviennes de moi particulièrement, mais je tenais à te dire que bien que plus âgée que toi, j'adorais Chapi Chapo quand j'étais petite. Cela précédait Casimir, le soir. Je me souviens que j'aurais bien aimé me promener parmi tous ces cubes de couleur, moi aussi lol
J'en profite pour te montrer ce petit blinkie que j'ai fait il y a quelques temps maintenant et qui devrait te plaire :
http://completementblinkies.com/nouveau_messages/addict_blinkies/2/16.gif
Tes sites sont merveilleux. Je regrette que tu n'aies plus de site graphique mais je me régale en admirant tes créations/couture.
Amitiés, Laurene
Happy, happy blogiversary Sonia!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for the early visit Sonia, and for the enouraging words about the chair! I'd so love to finish it today,but it's unlikey :O(
ReplyDeleteI love having a good sort out of clothing. It's something I'm pretty good at. Each time a charity collection bag plops through our letterbox, I can usually manage to fill it up.
I must scoot. Lots to do and am going to try and sneak away from little one to start pinning and tacking again!
Have a lovely Monday and a good start to the week :O) xx