Our living room, yesterday at 10amI couldn't find the time earlier today to post over here. Had a busy morning, a busy lunch-time, a busy afternoon & at last a busy evening. And Monday is over already. I feel you're oh so ready for the recap of my day ... I can feel it ... here we go ...
Busy morning ... After bringing the boys to school, I came back home, the sky was clear & blue, and the sun was shining. (just like the photo above, taken yesterday morning) I had a latte while checking my mails & Flickr & Etsy & friends. Hung a load of laundry to dry. Wrote a card for a friend (for a parcel I sent this morning) & one for my grandpa. Closed the parcel & took all my mail to go to the post office. Left home (by foot, we live very close to everything - how practical) to go to the post office, first & shipped everything. Went to buy electric tooth brush heads. Then to the supermarket, withdrew some cash, and finally stopped by the pharmacy to get the boys' vitamins. Went back home, got everything into the fridge, went a bit to the computer, and then left to grab the boys at school.
Busy lunch-time ... The boys & I had lunch, they played, I washed the dishes & loaded the dishwasher, and baked apple + oatflakes + cinnamon muffins (my prune + oatflakes muffin recipe ... minus the prunes LOL) ... and then P snoozed too strong (he has a cold) & started to blood in the nose ... great. There were stains on the brown carpet & on the sofa cover (now you understand why I have a sofa cover !!). Took care of P & his nose, and removed the stains with hydrogen peroxide, and came back to my muffins ... pfff. Washed the dishes & then it was time to leave for school again.


(Now, before going further, you have to know that yesterday afternoon we went to Disneyland (we leave nearby) but I hadn't taken my camera ... which I bitterly regretted then. So I decided to go back this afternoon ...)
Busy afternoon ... So I took the boys to school & walked to Disneyland. (it takes 10 to 15mn) I took photos along the way ... (you know me well, now, don't you ?)
Snow melting on the grass ... looks like a map of the world to me ! I was attracted a lot by lichens & moss on the trees ... (not sharing all the pics I took though)
I wanted to come back to Disneyland to take pics of the signs of the cold wave that hit us last week. The lake in the middle of the hotels was all frozen & lots of birds (ducks, black-headed gulls & Eurasian coots)
Frozen Lake Disney 


This was quite an amazing & unusual (for Paris region) sight to see, let me tell you ! (and I was the only one who took pics of the birds LOL) Then I followed Mr Blackbird ...
... and walked to the Park & entered it.
Broken ice that looked like broken glass.
Inside the park, the boat was forced not to go. 
Can you say that it's been unusually cold over here ?! Then I took the express train to come back home. Had a hot cocoa then (so well deserved !!), checked my mails & hoovered the flat.Busy evening ... At 04.20pm, I left home to grab the boys at school, and decided to invite one of P's friend (a girl), her mom & her little brother (2 1/2) at home. So they all had a snack & played while we chatted away, and they left home by 06.20pm. Then I had all the mess to tidy up ... so quite a busy early evening too. Shower for the boys, dinner to prepare ... you guess the rest. It's never ending !
I hope you all had a great Monday !! Will play catch up with you tomorrow first thing !! xoxo big hugs !
Ah yes, I am very familiar with the word busy :-) What lovely winter photos! Over here everything is just gray and wet, even the lakes are no longer frozen so our plans to go ice skating at the weekend are all ruined... Oh well, soon come spring! I hope! :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week Friend, love and care
Susanne xxxx
Hi, I've wandered over to your blog from flickr and it's lovely. I share a love of the same cozy homemaking things as you. I have added you to my list of favourite blogs on my blog and will come back again soon. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes from Carolyn
LOVE STITCHING RED on flickr and blog!
Awwwwwwww, how many fab photos, Sonia! :) And the video is very cute! Thanks for sharing! :) May I have one of your yummy muffins? LOL! ;) Happy sunny day, sweetie! The sun is finally out here too, yay! Cinnamon-hugs from Scotland!
ReplyDeleteWe are such twitchers and love your bird photos Sonia xxxx
ReplyDeleteYou never cease to amaze me with your energy and all that you can accomplish in a day!
ReplyDelete