side by side

on Friday afternoon, my mom left, and hubby went to the doctor's. U was still at school, and I thought it was the perfect timing for P & I to have a little creative session together. I took the drawing & painting essentials out, poured me a coffee & started drawing. He chose a teacup as his subject. (I had given him total freedom about the subject)

drawing his cup

drawing my cup

painting his cup

less and less coffee in the cup

finito

what can I say ? well, I am really looking forward to do that again, both with him again, with his brother too, and with his brother only too. He chose the (kids) watercolors (I was using mine), and I think he did very well, given that he hardly ever draws or paints now. Which is such a total shame. I really need to boost my sons' creativity & give them the tools for expressing it.

this mother and son creative moment will be in my heart forever, friends. Up to me now to provide many other, similar moments to treasure forever. For children don't stay children forever.

xoxo

S

Comments

  1. I can empathise wholeheartedly with you, I am so aware of my son getting older. We don't sit down and craft or paint anywhere near as much as we used to. It feels so sad sometimes, our children growing up, but I feel so privileged to see my wonderful son growing into a well rounded, kind, funny human being he is. Your son's painting is so lovely, it seems you had a great time together, a time certainly to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him that auntie Lisa thinks he is quite a talented artist. And that she also thinks he has a super mom. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. auntie margie too and uncle edgar and little uncle fern as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww; I really miss art time with my nephew since his family moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recently, I began doing spontaneous drawing sessions with my two boys, usually one on one. I love drawing with them. It ends up being just a really nice moment. He did a great job with his teacup. Oh, and that is one good looking cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no doubt you will create many, many more moments like this for both your boys. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right Sonia. As you know creativity with children is something I feel strongly about. Having creative moments together will fill your hearts withs happy memories, yours, and their's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !