I'm actually posting from my inlaws', as I didn't have the time to prepare blog posts. Here are a couple of photos taken yesterday morning, on our way (tramway then waiting for the bus)and also ... adorable kitties ...ok enough kitty cuteness ;-)
I know I'll blog more deeply about it on the dyeing blog, next week, but I couldn't wait to share the photos I took after rincing my lastest solar dyeing, with phytolacca americana / American poke weed. My parents had collected it in a wasteland, in their town, but I also found some in our own town. I used the berries only, mashing them by hand (with rubber gloves, the berries are toxic though I've read that the plant was used for treating cancer) The plant in itself is amazingly beautiful (or at least that's what I think ... we all have different opinions) specially right now in the autumn.I hope you enjoyed the beauty of this plant as much as I did. :)
I know I'll blog more deeply about it on the dyeing blog, next week, but I couldn't wait to share the photos I took after rincing my lastest solar dyeing, with phytolacca americana / American poke weed. My parents had collected it in a wasteland, in their town, but I also found some in our own town. I used the berries only, mashing them by hand (with rubber gloves, the berries are toxic though I've read that the plant was used for treating cancer) The plant in itself is amazingly beautiful (or at least that's what I think ... we all have different opinions) specially right now in the autumn.I hope you enjoyed the beauty of this plant as much as I did. :)
Those berries are beautiful. That has to be the prettiest shade of mauve I have ever seen.
ReplyDeleteWell hello there gorgeous! I love your earrings and your smart red coat. These berries are so lush looking and your dyeing results were especially interesting.
ReplyDeleteI hope the strikes don't disrupt your plans. Have a wonderful break! Jx
Sonia, I've hardly seen any pictures of you before! You look gorgeous, and what a big smile! Your dyeing looks looks liek a real seccess, very pretty colour. Enjoy your time away x
ReplyDeleteI am so intrigued with your solar dyeing
ReplyDeleteis it still light fast? I always think with the natural dyeing that there needs to be boiling involved.
yes that photo of you beaming is lovely.
xx
Those are the great photos and I think it would be great morning there with great people. The cat looks very lazy.
ReplyDeleteDebt Management
The best photo is of you. I love your smile, your earrings and your beautiful red coat! Happy weekend!
ReplyDelete