you're most probably aware that I'm a gatherer & collector of natural treasures. I pick stones (sea, river & else) & rocks, sea shells, snail shells, skeleton leaves, iridescent (deceased, unfortunately) insects, dry flowers, seeds & samaras, fossils ... and more !
I had bought a wooden display box (with a glass top/lid) but it had filled a bit too much (not even putting the stones & shells there, they wouldn't even fit !!!) so now we have two boxes, and I have no doubt that a third will be necessary in a couple of months.
ok, and before wishing you a loooovely weekend ahead, I'll share a very last sneak peek of the zine ... I'm on my way to have it all done ! HURRAY !if you wonder what the heck I was drawing ... it is a bit of oakmoss (evernia prunastri) ... it looked tough to draw at first, but it came naturally afterwards. Well, I hope it at least looks like a bit like lichen !!
U is on the mend, he's on antibiotics & there was no fever today, and he had slept well last night, so phew ... so happy about that. Thank you so much girls for your care & concerns. You're all awesome friends & mamas.
have an awesome weekend, lovelies. Thank you so much for stopping by today !!!
I had bought a wooden display box (with a glass top/lid) but it had filled a bit too much (not even putting the stones & shells there, they wouldn't even fit !!!) so now we have two boxes, and I have no doubt that a third will be necessary in a couple of months.
the white fossils are around 60 millions years old, and the dark ones are around 200 millions years old (woozee, I feel a lot less old suddenly !!!!)
ok, and before wishing you a loooovely weekend ahead, I'll share a very last sneak peek of the zine ... I'm on my way to have it all done ! HURRAY !if you wonder what the heck I was drawing ... it is a bit of oakmoss (evernia prunastri) ... it looked tough to draw at first, but it came naturally afterwards. Well, I hope it at least looks like a bit like lichen !!
U is on the mend, he's on antibiotics & there was no fever today, and he had slept well last night, so phew ... so happy about that. Thank you so much girls for your care & concerns. You're all awesome friends & mamas.
have an awesome weekend, lovelies. Thank you so much for stopping by today !!!
So good the little one is getting better :)
ReplyDeleteI adore the collection you have. I was once a collector like you, but it was in my childhood and my parents almost successful killed this passion after I brought a suitcase full of sea-stones from my first camp.
Being collectors of natural species is something we have in common. I have a big wooden box filled with sea shells mostly, and acorns, lots of drift wood, twigs, moss, skulls and bones and some non natural things from beach combing. You're collection looks so pretty in these boxes, so nice that people will be able to see these items. Also, Thank you very much for showing my postcard ( you are so very welcome)and for encouraging people to take more of a look. Can't wait to see your zine!
ReplyDeleteThat's a very good thing U is better, hope you all sleep well again tonight.
ReplyDeleteYour cases are lovely, not sure a third will be enough though, you're too good at treasure finding!
Jx
A lovely post. i am a natural collector of natural things too. I cannot resist a feather, a shell.. I want to bring them all home. I say I have an ancient gene within me from the time when our women ancestors were gatherers of herbs et al.
ReplyDeleteThank you for a lovely time here.