... like the shelf unit turned into bench with baskets inside & on it.the baskets inside hide quite a lot of things that I couldn't find a place for after the last boxes of the move were emptied.
there are two baskets on top of the bench.
the wire one holds the books I'm reading or the ones I'd like to read. (oh the dream) There you could find Amanda Soule, Beatrix Potter, Haeckel, The Green Parent magazine (that a very dear friend in England, who contributes to the mag, kindly gifted me this summer), French poetry, books about dyeing with plants (one in French, one in English), a book about making vegetal paints (in French), and so so so much more.
the other basket is new to the bench. I don't own many zines, but I am planning to have lots lots of them. Purchasing them of course, and why not AS SOON AS mine will be ready (uuuugh), swaping/trading them. I thought that these little handmade books are so small & thin that they would kind of hide if they were on a shelf, like any other books. I needed to keep them all in one place WHILE having them in display so that I won't forget about them. (like so many books on shelves that I have forgotten about, oops)
I would have worked much more on my own zine, if U (little one, 6) had slept better last night (no he hasn't) ... he went to the doctor this afternoon (not with me, but with my mom who came to the rescue, as hubby was working all day & that I needed to bring to/pick P from school & it is always always very long at our doctor's) And therefore, he has tonsilitis & is on antibiotics already.
I'm a teaser, you probably must know that about me, so here's a little sneak peek at the zine ...I'm not a professional illustrator or designer or artist (no I'm not expecting compliments from you, it's just that it is simply the TRUTH !!!) but I'm doing my best to have decent drawings in this zine, which is not based on drawings only as you may have noticed from the other sneak peeks. I want want want to have it finished soon so that I can go have it printed. (well, copied would be a more correct word)
so, still about the title of this post ... some corners of my home are tidy ... and some others are not so tidy ahah. And there is no way I will show you, because I have waaaay too many projects at the same time for me to have a clean, clear, breathable creative corner !!
I promised you yesterday to show you how I was going to re-use or re-purpose the piece of clothing. These are two 4 y-o jumpers that I had kept because I knew I'd be making something out of them. I simply didn't know WHEN, WHAT & HOW. So, there, two jumpers will become a pair of adult size (for me) wrist warmers, a pair of adult size (for me again, selfish me) ankle warmers, and the front to 4 small decorative cushions. After, of course, minor improvements.OK, going back to working on the zine, after what I will fall on my bed like a bag of potatoes. (what a lovely picture in your mind, sorry !)
there are two baskets on top of the bench.
the wire one holds the books I'm reading or the ones I'd like to read. (oh the dream) There you could find Amanda Soule, Beatrix Potter, Haeckel, The Green Parent magazine (that a very dear friend in England, who contributes to the mag, kindly gifted me this summer), French poetry, books about dyeing with plants (one in French, one in English), a book about making vegetal paints (in French), and so so so much more.
the other basket is new to the bench. I don't own many zines, but I am planning to have lots lots of them. Purchasing them of course, and why not AS SOON AS mine will be ready (uuuugh), swaping/trading them. I thought that these little handmade books are so small & thin that they would kind of hide if they were on a shelf, like any other books. I needed to keep them all in one place WHILE having them in display so that I won't forget about them. (like so many books on shelves that I have forgotten about, oops)
I would have worked much more on my own zine, if U (little one, 6) had slept better last night (no he hasn't) ... he went to the doctor this afternoon (not with me, but with my mom who came to the rescue, as hubby was working all day & that I needed to bring to/pick P from school & it is always always very long at our doctor's) And therefore, he has tonsilitis & is on antibiotics already.
I'm a teaser, you probably must know that about me, so here's a little sneak peek at the zine ...I'm not a professional illustrator or designer or artist (no I'm not expecting compliments from you, it's just that it is simply the TRUTH !!!) but I'm doing my best to have decent drawings in this zine, which is not based on drawings only as you may have noticed from the other sneak peeks. I want want want to have it finished soon so that I can go have it printed. (well, copied would be a more correct word)
so, still about the title of this post ... some corners of my home are tidy ... and some others are not so tidy ahah. And there is no way I will show you, because I have waaaay too many projects at the same time for me to have a clean, clear, breathable creative corner !!
I promised you yesterday to show you how I was going to re-use or re-purpose the piece of clothing. These are two 4 y-o jumpers that I had kept because I knew I'd be making something out of them. I simply didn't know WHEN, WHAT & HOW. So, there, two jumpers will become a pair of adult size (for me) wrist warmers, a pair of adult size (for me again, selfish me) ankle warmers, and the front to 4 small decorative cushions. After, of course, minor improvements.OK, going back to working on the zine, after what I will fall on my bed like a bag of potatoes. (what a lovely picture in your mind, sorry !)
What a good idea it is t put your zines in a basket! Mine were always hidden and lost amongst the books on our shelves but a basket is such a nice idea. Daniel and I have a lot of zines between us. You are inspiring me to get onm do my Autumn zine - before Autumn is finished! Can't wait to see what you produce!
ReplyDeleteyou are such a great source of inspiration these days dear friend
ReplyDeleteYour baskets are so neat and tidy - I think I need to follow your example and do something similar here in our study where books/paperwork seem to be accumulating. Hope your little one's tonsilitis clears up soon.
ReplyDeleteLovely idea for the zines :)
ReplyDeleteWhere do you get your energy from Sonia? You always have such a lot of interesting things on the go. And with a poorly child too. (I hope he's feeling better or at the very least starting to).
ReplyDeleteYou already know what I think of your art work, really beautiful. You are too modest about your talent.
Have a lovely weekend. lots of love xxx
Awww, thank you dear friend. So sorry U is still under the weather, those antibiotics should do the trick, hopefully quickly too. Tonsilitis is not nice poor thing.
ReplyDeleteI love your baskets. Having one just for small zines is a great idea, I'm losing my little booklets & zines all the time and they don't stand upright on shelves very easily. Very tidy!