it was the last weekend of summer this weekend. Here in southern France, summer is usually here till the official last days of summer. I just looked at the weather forecast online, and rain is expected by the middle of the week ... which coincides with the arrival of autumn. Although it's way chillier in the morning now (read = something like 10°C/50°F), this past week (this weekend included), the temps could go up to 30°C/86°F in the afternoon. I think it's the end of it now, though.
so, this weekend was both at home & outdoors. At home yesterday as we hosted in the afternoon, the only guest to U's bday party who couldn't have made it to the party as she was ill. So we set up a playdate & she stayed home all afternoon. Noone complained, as she was super sweet, the kids played nicely, and everyone had candy again (with the leftovers !) LOLthis is the window in the living-room/my creative space, from which I take all the sky photos. From where I sit at the computer, I can see through this window. I can see if it rains, I can see if it's windy (because there are trees facing our buildings), I can see if the sky's glorious (like on the photo above), it's like a live TV, all day long. I love it a lot. When I daydream, I think you can find me looking in its direction :)
I'll talk in another post about what I did yesterday morning, and I'll talk in another post about what we did today (because there'll be lots to show), but here are a couple of photos taken this morning in our bedroom.
Trying to let the sun shine in as much as possible, while it's still summer :)I hope your weekend was good. Busy good or relaxing good, but good anyway. Embrace these last days of summer as good as you can :)
so, this weekend was both at home & outdoors. At home yesterday as we hosted in the afternoon, the only guest to U's bday party who couldn't have made it to the party as she was ill. So we set up a playdate & she stayed home all afternoon. Noone complained, as she was super sweet, the kids played nicely, and everyone had candy again (with the leftovers !) LOLthis is the window in the living-room/my creative space, from which I take all the sky photos. From where I sit at the computer, I can see through this window. I can see if it rains, I can see if it's windy (because there are trees facing our buildings), I can see if the sky's glorious (like on the photo above), it's like a live TV, all day long. I love it a lot. When I daydream, I think you can find me looking in its direction :)
I'll talk in another post about what I did yesterday morning, and I'll talk in another post about what we did today (because there'll be lots to show), but here are a couple of photos taken this morning in our bedroom.
Trying to let the sun shine in as much as possible, while it's still summer :)I hope your weekend was good. Busy good or relaxing good, but good anyway. Embrace these last days of summer as good as you can :)
Loved your pictures --- nice that it is getting cooler there - they are calling for 90's plus all next week. Tired of the oppressive heat but am enjoying the cooler evenings.
ReplyDeleteThese sunny images are warm and wonderful. How fantastic that U had the opportunity to celebrate his birthday again - and eat more sweets!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny Sonia. I'm doing much the same. Trying to soak up and enjoy the sun while it's still here, even though I've moaned about it while it was hot and beaming at the height of summer!
ReplyDeleteIt's with good reason though. At this time of year the sun is a delight. Not too hot, the temperatures have dropped already so it makes it all extremely pleasant. Another reason why I absolutely adore this time of year.
Gorgeous photos as usual, particularly the sweeties! ;o) have a lovely start to autumn xxxx
i am warmer already on this cool monday morning
ReplyDeleteThe sun is shining here to, but much cooler and autumn like. I took your recent advice to your readers, and wandered around my home taking photos. It was certainly a calming experience. The photos of your bedroom look lovely - those stones are very calming. x x
ReplyDelete