this afternoon was U's birthday party. Three of the four guests came (the last one was ill, poor thing), and oh boy that was already more than enough !
so this morning you could find me cleaning, hoovering, tidying, clearing things off ... when it hit me that I hadn't prepared favor bags. I have to add that it is not a tradition in France (why ?!) so it doesn't come naturally if you haven't done it before. But, I did want the guests to come home with a little something. I scratched my head a second & suddenly an idea came to my mind. In addition to candies & lollipops in a little bag, I made little notebooks.
I cut sheets of pastel paper (not the scrapbooking kind, I don't even own a single sheet). The regular sheet of paper, but I've had these (the color ones) for years, I have bought them when the boys were small small. So, I took two sheets of each color (blue, pink, yellow, peach, green, and white too), cut them in half, and each half in half again. I mixed the colors & folded each little book in two. Then I stappled them (I got a long arm stapler, with zine making in mind ... but not sure I'll staple them). I had the adequate sized glassine paper bags, so I tucked each little notebook in one of them.
then ... another idea came ... I thought of stamping the guests' name on a wooden peg. They could use it to pinch mails, postcards they've received, bits & bobs ... or whatever. I am sure they'll find a good use for them. Thank goodness their names were not *too* long, so it fitted the pegs !
this is the final result, ready to be brought home !I had everything at home, so they virtually didn't cost me anything extra. I also had the cello bags from long ago. I know it's not eco friendly, but they're the last I got, and were most appropriate for this kind of wrapping & gifts. Plus, they were only four. But enough for making me feel bad using them. If I had thought about making favor bags EARLIER (!!!!), I could have quickly sewn a fabric pouch with their name on them. Next year !
I have new dyeing results to show & blog about, but I'm way too tired tonight to do more than this very post ! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, friends ! Thanks for stopping by !
so this morning you could find me cleaning, hoovering, tidying, clearing things off ... when it hit me that I hadn't prepared favor bags. I have to add that it is not a tradition in France (why ?!) so it doesn't come naturally if you haven't done it before. But, I did want the guests to come home with a little something. I scratched my head a second & suddenly an idea came to my mind. In addition to candies & lollipops in a little bag, I made little notebooks.
I cut sheets of pastel paper (not the scrapbooking kind, I don't even own a single sheet). The regular sheet of paper, but I've had these (the color ones) for years, I have bought them when the boys were small small. So, I took two sheets of each color (blue, pink, yellow, peach, green, and white too), cut them in half, and each half in half again. I mixed the colors & folded each little book in two. Then I stappled them (I got a long arm stapler, with zine making in mind ... but not sure I'll staple them). I had the adequate sized glassine paper bags, so I tucked each little notebook in one of them.
then ... another idea came ... I thought of stamping the guests' name on a wooden peg. They could use it to pinch mails, postcards they've received, bits & bobs ... or whatever. I am sure they'll find a good use for them. Thank goodness their names were not *too* long, so it fitted the pegs !
this is the final result, ready to be brought home !I had everything at home, so they virtually didn't cost me anything extra. I also had the cello bags from long ago. I know it's not eco friendly, but they're the last I got, and were most appropriate for this kind of wrapping & gifts. Plus, they were only four. But enough for making me feel bad using them. If I had thought about making favor bags EARLIER (!!!!), I could have quickly sewn a fabric pouch with their name on them. Next year !
I have new dyeing results to show & blog about, but I'm way too tired tonight to do more than this very post ! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, friends ! Thanks for stopping by !
They look great! I'm sure the children were very excited to have alittle bag to look inside and take home (especially as it's not a tradition in France) x
ReplyDeleteVery sweet goodie bags! My little one's birthday is in a month, so I guess I should be thinking of goodie bag treats. I love the idea of a simple stapled book and the personalized clothespin.
ReplyDelete