bounty of shells & colors

yesterday morning, the sea was very generous, and provided many many shells of different sorts for picking. Not on the beach itself, but in the water directly, which is rarely the case here. So I took the boys' bucket & filled it with lovely finds.

now I have washed them, they're dry & I made little arrangments with them, and I found ways to enjoy them even better. Sorting them by color palette.

a first one is purple & blue

blue to purple color palette



this one made me think of a pottery

pottery looking

these were all the mother-of-pearls that I had found

sorted



then these were white, grey & dark, and made me think of winter tones

grey color palette



and these ... I thought that it was the sea that was bringing autumn colors, announcing the change of the seasons. I don't wonder where artists (& fashion designers !) find their inspiration ... look :

autumn color palette, brought to you by the sea


autumn color palette, brought to you by the sea

Burberry stripes ? maybe ?

autumn color palette, brought to you by the sea

pretty patterns

autumn color palette, brought to you by the sea

lovely thick, dark stripes

autumn color palette, brought to you by the sea

delicate, almost camouflaging pattern

autumn color palette, brought to you by the sea

pleats ? (a skirt, perhaps ?)



enough for keeping me inspired, don't you think ?!!

better go, lots to do, and rain is predicted for tonight (storm, even), and heavy rains for tomorrow. Better get things done this afternoon. Have a lovely week ahead everyone !

oxox
Sonia

Comments

  1. Beautiful post. Thanks for your constant inspiration:)
    xo
    Chrissie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a most amazing color and nature post
    you are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful arrangements of the shells - looking at the photos has made my morning! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great - the way you did little colour palettes - very fun! and inspiring! Makes me want to get to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are really sweet. Beautiful inspirations. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant post, my friend. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quel sublime "sea post", Sonia !!! Tous tes trésors de plage, tes jolis "arrangements", la belle idée du lin et tes pastilles de couleur pour parfaire tes collections ... Je suis époustoufflée ! Un vrai bonheur matinal pour mes mirettes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Generous for sure. I love the way you arranged everything, really beautiful Sonia. And I enjoyed your thoughts on fashion design inspiration :)

    (That striped shell is incredible!! Never seen one like it. )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely palettes. I'm glad the rain is finally reaching you. I've been trying to fan it down to you for days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm staring at the screen, dumbstruck by the beauty! How I love the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colour palette - these would make great tea towel drawn as specimens and printed in those beautiful hues.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !