this could be your lucky day

recently, I have been luckier than usual, I must admitt. And I am really counting my blessings. I can't talk about anything yet but when the time comes, I will share everything over here, I promise. Until that day, I'll gladly share the luck with you, and I have decided to host another giveaway. So today could be your lucky day, and not because we're Friday 13th. (I'm not supersticious, so I really don't care about which day we may be) So ... today I'm giving away a pincushion !

this pincushion is square, made on the front of a fabric printed on beautiful quilting cotton by Spoonflower, and designed by Lauren of AuntJune. I have re-embroidered one of the boats & have added a teeny tiny red flag on top. The back is made of a ticking canvas that a dear friend had gifted me last year. I filled the pincushion is filled with kapok, a natural fiber coming from the kapok tree, an eco friendly alternative to polyester filling.

this could be your lucky day

this could be your lucky day

this could be your lucky day

all you have to do is to leave a comment to this blog post, leaving me a way to contact you. (please) And, as I'm curious AND chatty, you could also tell me on which crafty project(s) you've been working on these days/weeks.

you won't get extra "points" if you blog or tweet about it, I don't have the time to deal with too many things, but if you want to blog about it or tweet it, please feel free !

the winner will be picked next Friday ! good luck everyone !! and have a wonderful weekend ahead too !

xoxo

Sonia

Comments

  1. What a sweet pincushion, love the little red flag in top!
    I am busy with knitting my first pair of socks and I am starting with a dress for a little lady!
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and so summery! This is a really beautiful fabric combination and I love the embroidery that you added.
    The hot weather makes it difficult for me to do as much crafting as I would like these days. I'm slowly working on a couple of new rings and I also do a little sketching and painting.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    info@createjewelry.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very beautiful. Thanks to give us a chance to win it.
    Stefy
    ilcastelloincantato@yahoo.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it is Friday the 13th! And thank you for the prettiest giveaway ever! You are so sweet Sonia!
    I am busy busy with calligraphy. Lot's of things to be hand lettered. I hope to finish up some table numbers soon. Maybe start a sewing project! I dream big. Merci Merci et Joyeux Vendredi!
    xo, Katy
    kisforcalligraphy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this little nautical pincushion- your embroidery especially! thank you for the chance- you're so kind. :)
    i'm working on a warm winter dress (it's so cold here right now) and a green scarf. but now i feel like embroidering a boat!
    tiny happy (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so craft and lovely!
    I'm now busy with crocheting stuffs for my mother, she need them as souvenir for her 72 yrs celebrate in this coming October.

    I have been visiting and reading your blog for times and now I take this opportunity to say hello to you too.

    Nice weekend to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect... summer smell:)

    i'm working on linen embroidery coasters and placemats:)

    Have a nice friday and a peaceful weekend!

    Ana, x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh ! I'm in love with this !!!

    I am working on *finally* put my latest items on etsy & the new blog (I made them for the Cotton Club Craft Market in JUNE). They are brand new items and I had a very dear person model for them ... But, as usual, it takes hours to pick the images, then work on them ...
    Heee !

    x x x
    -m-

    ReplyDelete
  9. erm ... underthepyramids {at} gmail {dot} com !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work as every piece seems so perfect and this little pin cushion is no exception.
    I am currently thinking of making some catnip mice and fish for my feline friends....I have 3 cat mint plants in my garden so plan to dry some and see how potent it becomes....all the local cats like sitting on one in particular so it seems only fitting to use the leaves for winter play time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very good
    http://barbabietolaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. so perfect sonia
    i am more in a thinking, planning and sketching mode this week
    but this weekend I hope to start to put these into action
    I am also really enjoying a book "the global forest"
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, just lovely! I like your alternative to polyester filling - I'll have to look into that.

    At the moment I've been working on miniature liberty of london bunting, sewing tiny triangles by hand on my bus journey.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet pincushion!
    I have a half finished pair of boy pj shorts in the basement and a felt heart pillow project I'm working on with my little lads (they'll be handstitching it).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the embroidery, so pretty! I have been working on the furniture in my "3 season" porch. It is a southern exposure and the furniture needed some new paint. Two wicker chairs, an antique chest of drawers in heirloom white with new Anthropologie red melon glass knobs. A wicker table and blanket chest painted in deep red. New cushions are next made in drop cloth canvas, with a red striped center and ragged seams out. There is an overstuffed sofa already slip covered in a heavy cotton off white with a relief pattern in tiny diamonds. I will be making new throw pillows, when I find the right fabric. The table and chairs are black wrought iron. They will have matching canvas cushions. Gray tiled floor, Ceiling to floor windows all around three sides, white washed cedar wall to kitchen. Blue sky(subtle) painted cathedral ceiling. That should keep me busy for the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty cushion. I especially love that red flag.
    Working on too many things without completion. Necklaces as little thank-you's, G's quilt, and a summer handbag which might be ready in time for Christmas. But today I put all of it aside to make a crochet jug cover while the children swam :)
    Happy Friday,
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't done anything crafty for ages. And it's driving me mad,but I have no time or inspiration at the moment! I'm sure it'll come back soon.

    Have a lovely weekend, look out for the rain, I've told it to visit you ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! I found your site throught Aunt June :)
    I've been working on handmade journals for the past few days. (I misspelled something in my fisrt comment.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pin cushion! I just finished a baby quilt and am working on a Color Pencil Portfolio for a birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sonia - I work with Lauren Hunt's husband and happened to stumble across your blog through her Etsy feature. The pin cushion is adorable, especially because it's using the super cute fabric! When work doesn't get in the way I enjoy sewing, and mostly I make baby & toddler gifts. I've been doing it for years but now that I hav a 1 year old I have all kinds of new ideas that come in handy for babies and moms. Thanks for offering the giveaway, what a great idea!
    Barb Hendricks
    barbhendricks@me.com
    www.cute-as-a-button.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Silly me! Sorry for the 2nd comment. Just in case you do find time to stop by.
    www.cute-as-a-button.net (typed it wrong)
    Have a great weekend.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pincushion! And can't wait to hear your news--you are so deserving of good things because of talent and hard work. Luck may play a part as well, but your good heart may just attract it. Our move has really halted craft production for me, but I have finally managed to move some of my crafty supplies into a basement work area, and I have some things in my head that I would love to work on.

    Happy End of Summer to you, dear Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute pincushion! Lauren designs some awesome fabrics :) Lately, I've been working on dresses and bags for my shop, and I just finished up a custom order. Now I'm going to start on a king size Spiked Punch quilt for my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely - as usual! Your blog is always inspiring me to keep creating. At the moment, I'm working on some watercolours and ink on paper to be printed as greeting cards which I will soon have on Etsy. I've wanted to do it forever, and am finally getting down to it!
    Looking forward to hearing your good news...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sonia,
    This pincushion is beautiful. I love it when a printed design has been embroidered like you have done here.

    Lately I have been making garlands using punches and paper. My latest was made using sand dollars, starfish, and seahorses in aqua, copper and cream colored paper.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome use of this fabric! Love it! On my sewing table this week? A custom clothes/memory quilt and a simple squares in squares throw from an old "Twiggy" charm pack I dug up recently :) On the felting table? A sea dragon, now undone by a too playful puppy!

    -Shannon at zoooteacher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Came by your blog from Aunt June's link. Will definately be stopping in regularly.

    I certainly could use another pin cushion, especially one so unique!

    artl8dy-at-yahoo-dot-com

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a lovely idea. lauren's prints are so cute and its now even more so with the embroidery. thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful way to add your personal touch to the fabric, love it.

    Just visiting and as I live in the States, don't enter me in the giveaway, far to much postage. But I do so love your blog.

    blessings,
    jilly

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh, my goodness. I LOVE that pincushion! I recently got married and had a nautical theme, and my husband and I love to sail. So perfect!

    I've just started quilting, adding a new craft to knitting and the occasional crochet. I'd love this pincushion to accompany me on my voyage into a new sewing craft!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a delightful pincushion! Lauren sent me in your direction when she heard I was planning an embroidery project with her fabric. At the moment I'm stitching like crazy to make wedding samplers for friends who are getting married in the next three months.
    You can see photos of the project (and contact me via) www.girlindustries.com
    Have a great weekend,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is too adorable.. I love the little red flag you added.. cute touch! I found her fabric on the featured seller, followed to her shop, ran into her blog, and now your blog. :) Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, I am your newest follower. I was browsing Etsy and saw AuntJune's feature today, popped into her blog, and then found yours. And, oh I love the pin cushion, would so love to win. :)Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    Kassandra531 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the pincushion! I've been making potholders with loopers (you know, the old fashioned kind on a kids loom). Thick cotton ones that last forever. And...I've been crocheting chocolate and rust around some washcloths for a friend of mine as a housewarming present. Oh yeah, I have a pair of socks and a scarf started. lalycemaxwell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm working on an embroidery swap... but I'm not working on the swap parts yet, just the little extra gifts LOL...

    caitlindevlin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I just love this. Happy to have found your blog! I'm back at work this week, so not too much crafting, but I'm designing some recipe cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. My favorite thing about that is the little red flag! I'm trying to finish projects--bridesmaid dresses, faceless dolls, unfinished embroidery for a quilt. But sadly, summer's gone and I'm gonna have to squeeze all that in after school.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oops of course you can contact me when I win (!) at ldcastor@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  40. How beautiful! I have been working on a handspun and knitted shawl that I am entering in my city's agricultural show. It's the first time I've entered, and I have high hopes for first prize - which is worth the grand sum of $10! You can reach me at clake at iinet dot net dot au.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my goodness. That is the sweetest pincushion ever. And it would be SO HANDY at my sad little quilting table so that I don't have to worry about my puppies finding pins that my clumsy fingers have dropped.

    I've just completed two quilts this month and I have another working in my brain and lots o' things on knitting needles. And oh yeah. I'm getting married in a month. . .

    And next Friday is my birthday, just in case that garners me any favour with the blog-o-sphere. . .
    phoebe@nomenclaturestudios.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sonia, I found your giveaway through AUNTJUNE! How weird is that?? I guess it wouldn't seem all that weird since she is the featured seller on etsy right now (yay for Lauren!), but you are my friend, so it seemed totally serendipitous to me.

    Well my current crafty project is an herb garden in front of our house. We are super excited about it, and look forward to tinkering in it every day lately. Since it's an herb garden, the deer have mostly left it alone, which is also very exciting, in the world of growing things here at our house, in deer country.

    I hope you're doing well and back in your groove at home. I have really been enjoying catching up on your trip through your blog. Your photos are so awesome. All of them!!

    xo abby

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your pincushion is great fun and your embroidery perfect !
    I'm off now to catch up on your earlier entries and see more of your work ....
    Oh yes , I'm busy , as always , making another miniature quilt , a Nine-Patch this time .

    ReplyDelete
  45. bonjour sonia! i'm loving the new look of your blog! i haven't been working on any craft project yet but as I have a new infant niece I'll be making lots of handmade baby items.

    Thank you for the sweet giveaway. Your pincushions are always the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Sonia - it's such a beautiful pincushion!

    I haven't crafted much lately due to the severe heat, but I did make a paper garland with lots of different papers for an office party I went to. I hand sawn everything (since I don't have a sawing machine) and it took me an entire afternoon - but it was so worth it. And it's reusable!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Darn..my contact is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9734255@N08/

    ReplyDelete
  48. I just read about auntjune's shop on etsy...very nice giveaway prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. lovely pinscushion!!!
    i wish i could get it but im not lucky in these things!

    By now im not working in any project cause i mooved recently. But i love to make my "Cuca Dolls!

    you can find me here:
    http://entreocampoeacidade.blogspot.com/
    thank you!
    mila

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love it Sonia! I hope I win it :)
    I've been working on a very BIG project....my new home! but I hope to start working on something in a smaller scale as soon as I have my studio ready. BIG hug.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi, I just stumbled on your blog, the pincushion is great! I don't do much sewing but if I was lucky and won it I'd have to start! At the moment I'm busy working on new gocco prints for my etsy shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  52. How sweet! I don't do any sewing but I would give this to my favorite apron maker on Etsy (perdoozy). Lately I have been remodeling my bathroom, which is craftier than you might imagine -- sometimes plumbing is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hello,
    Lovely pin cushion. I sew mostly out of necessity, like hemming school pants and the like. But I do dabble in cross stitch and my first love is paper (garlands).

    ReplyDelete
  54. A Very Charming pincushion! I love the detail you added to the already cute fabric.

    My current project is embroidering 9 funny family sayings that will be a pillow top. It is for my MIL and she chose the particular sayings. I'm about 30% finished.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love Lauren's fabric and your embroidary has made it even richer. I have just finished restoring a step-stool for my daughter to use.
    jessdawes@netspace.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  56. Your pincushion looks great!

    I'm moving back into my dorm soon to start working as an RA, so I'll have my own room for the first time in a couple years. After sniffing out quite a few new finds at garage sales this summer, I've found a plain little lamp and am planning to embellish the lampshade a bit with a drawing/painting of an octopus! The lamp itself is just a round, light blue ball shape, so it will hopefully be sitting somewhere between nautical and imaginative when I'm done with it.

    lorabellhall (at) live (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  57. love this pincushion! The little red dot is so very charming.

    I haven't been working on anything particularly crafty in the past little while, but did successfully hem a dress last week while listening to an episode of This American Life.

    ReplyDelete
  58. So glad I found you. Loved reading your story about the movie you watched as a child- I will look on Netflix to see if I can watch it. I mostly knit and crochet because of time limitations. I do like to sew and hope to do some in the future. Nice giveaway you have going.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This is the cutest! Thanks for the chance - I'll keep my fingers crossed. Finishing up a felt project and enjoying beautiful weather.

    pudvahs@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Adorable - and I love Spoonflower. Visiting from NiniMakes.

    I've been working on reusable sandwich bags found over at Angry Chicken.

    Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love so many things you make, and all the experiments with dying !!! And we also visited the New Forest staying in a cottage in west wellow at the edge of the forest, a lovely area for your holidays !!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love the little pin cushion and your blog. Perfect for summer stitching.
    I have been working with my college daughter this summer on - a quilted laptop cover, and some skirts for back to school this fall!
    Thanks for the giveaway. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a beautiful pin cushion.

    We're just coming to the end of 18+ months of building and renovation work on our house, while living in situ, so soft textiles (or even much furniture) have not been possible with the huge amounts of dust we're living with... I have a part-knitted peg bag that I can't wait to finish knitting and assemble and line once the dust finally settles! And then so many new ideas... I really can't wait for the luxury of fabrics again!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Adorable pincushion. Love the embroidery and little red flag. I'm seeing so much embroidery lately, and I want to pick it up again. I'm working on sewing journals and wee books using scrap fabrics and papers together.

    barbdwhyr@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. So lovely! I've been working on several projects but I just finished one of them: I covered with fabric all the folders where I register the projects I want to make!
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    ap_lemos at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wonderful pincushion! I have been working on making baby quilts - some from clothes - and I have having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I love it! My goal this year is to learn how to sew, so this seems perfect for me!

    tweetheartwallart@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. This pincushion is adorable and I love the addition of the ticking on the back!
    I'm working on some shadow box collages at the moment and after that some fabric panels as artwork for over the bed!

    rebeccagilldesgin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love Aunt June's fabric and that is just the cutest pincushion! Currently, I am rushing to finish a quilt for my friends wedding. Lots of late nights to get it done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lovely little pincushion! Right now I'm working on plant and industrial junk terrariums, but next month I'll get back in to fabric and will be making 60's-esque dresses with embroidery and fancy hair bits.

    aireekah@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Just like you I like to sew, e.g. make little suitcases for kids, and to crochet , a mini dog at the moment from the book "ami ami dogs".
    Your mix of nature, dyeing , sewing etc. in your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  72. this little gem is so beautiful
    your blog is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  73. This is sooooo adorable!!! And I just discovered your site. Thanks for the chance to win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I need that pincushion it is soooo cute! I am making a quilted placemat that fits in my husband's dinner tray. We are so bad we eat in front of the TV watching the news.

    ReplyDelete
  75. As summer comes to an end, the sailboat will be a sweet reminder. Thank you for the giveaway opportunity. I've just finished a quilt for my daughter as she heads off to college. (I can't believe she's that old...where did the time go?) I still have to make the label and attach it.

    walkingmissmolly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !