time flies, time flies, and days pass by, and I don't write here ... which doesn't really make me happy, as it means I didn't manage to juggle with everything. But I'm here now, phew. In fact, lots of little & big things have been happening for me these days & weeks (NO ... no baby, thanks) which have been taking up all my time, plus the regular daily life, which is hard to come back to, after vacations in England, few days at home, two days at my inlaws', few days at home, three days in the mountains, and one day at my parents'. Oh well. I'm not complaining, but I'm not back into my usual online swing. (and will I ever ??!!)
back to ...
july 22
we're leaving our hotel in Salisbury to move to Colden Common where our B&B is located.But in the meantime, we're going through The New Forest (which isn't new at all, on the contrary), and we meet wild ponies (more like mini-horses, not like ponies to me) on the way. Such a thing couldn't happen in France, I'm certain. They stand everywhere, even on the road, and hardly ever move, so everyone drives safely & slowly when approaching them.the moor is gorgeous, and such a landscape we don't see in our area. Heather & fern everywhere.but the New Forest is not only made of moor, but of course of ... forest ... with ferns taller than my husband !!we're driving a bit in the direction of the coast, and are between the seaside & the countryside ...we stop by a place called Buckler's Hard, and have a look around & a drink.
... and back to the present now ...
this past week I've been working on new, more eco-friendly packaging for my creations. First I worked on wrapping more lightly my jam and honey jar covers, which, let's admitt, are NOT fragile. They don't require bubble envelope & too much wrapping. So I thought about this (below) and have decided to wrap them like that from now on, and to ship them in regular envelopes.it is printed on 100% recycled paper, and I hope it will also be recycled by my customers. I've adapted a similar packaging for the embellished Moleskines too.
then, these last days, I've been working on fabric, reusable, handstamped, drawstring-like little pouches, that will hold lavender strawberries (for the small size pouches), coasters, pincushions, or garlands (for the bigger size pouches). This is what the small ones look like, in the making, empty, then filled with lavender strawberries.yesterday afternoon & evening, I (well, WE) met a very special net friend who also lives in the south of France. She doesn't have a blog so you all may not know her, but some of you already does, and know who I am talking about. It's been such a privilege to meet her & her sweet family, and I can't wait the day we will meet again. Because yes, this time we will visit them. (they were on their way to south-west, coming all the way from the south-east). Our children got along so well, they were so happy to have made new friends !I'm not sure she'd like me to show one of the photos of us two, so I'm not posting any here, I'm sure you'll understand.
edit :Nanou allowed me to, so I'm posting the photo of us !
that's all for today, I suppose
I still have SO SO SO much to show you & share with you ... I simply have the hardest time finding the time for everything that has to be done, offline and online.
I send you all, friends & visitors, my bestest wishes, hoping you are all doing fine, and that YOU find the time for everything.
back to ...
july 22
we're leaving our hotel in Salisbury to move to Colden Common where our B&B is located.But in the meantime, we're going through The New Forest (which isn't new at all, on the contrary), and we meet wild ponies (more like mini-horses, not like ponies to me) on the way. Such a thing couldn't happen in France, I'm certain. They stand everywhere, even on the road, and hardly ever move, so everyone drives safely & slowly when approaching them.the moor is gorgeous, and such a landscape we don't see in our area. Heather & fern everywhere.but the New Forest is not only made of moor, but of course of ... forest ... with ferns taller than my husband !!we're driving a bit in the direction of the coast, and are between the seaside & the countryside ...we stop by a place called Buckler's Hard, and have a look around & a drink.
... and back to the present now ...
this past week I've been working on new, more eco-friendly packaging for my creations. First I worked on wrapping more lightly my jam and honey jar covers, which, let's admitt, are NOT fragile. They don't require bubble envelope & too much wrapping. So I thought about this (below) and have decided to wrap them like that from now on, and to ship them in regular envelopes.it is printed on 100% recycled paper, and I hope it will also be recycled by my customers. I've adapted a similar packaging for the embellished Moleskines too.
then, these last days, I've been working on fabric, reusable, handstamped, drawstring-like little pouches, that will hold lavender strawberries (for the small size pouches), coasters, pincushions, or garlands (for the bigger size pouches). This is what the small ones look like, in the making, empty, then filled with lavender strawberries.yesterday afternoon & evening, I (well, WE) met a very special net friend who also lives in the south of France. She doesn't have a blog so you all may not know her, but some of you already does, and know who I am talking about. It's been such a privilege to meet her & her sweet family, and I can't wait the day we will meet again. Because yes, this time we will visit them. (they were on their way to south-west, coming all the way from the south-east). Our children got along so well, they were so happy to have made new friends !
edit :Nanou allowed me to, so I'm posting the photo of us !
that's all for today, I suppose
I still have SO SO SO much to show you & share with you ... I simply have the hardest time finding the time for everything that has to be done, offline and online.
I send you all, friends & visitors, my bestest wishes, hoping you are all doing fine, and that YOU find the time for everything.
oxox
Sonia
i've said it before and I'll say it again: you take the most lovely pictures! Thanks for letting us peek into your vacation (and for taking time to blog when it sounds like you have many things going on right now)
ReplyDeletexoxo!
you really know how to share you life and loves in a beautiful way
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you find the time for it all Sonia. These images are gorgeous and I love reliving your holiday with you online, it's so much fun seeing the England from your perspective.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Kara. Very appreciative of you taking time to share so much, when you are so busy. Even though I am the Worlds Worst Blogger these days. :o) Lovely photos, as always! Thank you for the very sweet tweet today :O) xxx
ReplyDeleteMy sweet Sonia, I too felt sooo glad and privileged to have met you and your three wonderful "men". Monday will be carved in my heart forever and I miss you since I left you.
ReplyDeleteNo problem to share a photo of you and me (maybe too late for your post). I'll always feel very honored to appear close to you :) And this meeting shows to everyone that dreams can come true, I wish it to everyone ...
Lot lot lot of love to you, beautiful Sonia, from Nanou.
P.S. : I will come back to visit your fantastic England as soon as I have a little online time from my holidays. I can't wait to see and read your gorgeous meeting with our dear Joanie who has maybe posted something on her blog too ...
Love those little bags you are making for your makes, so lovely. Great photos as usual of your busy busy week.
ReplyDeleteLovely bags - what kind of ink do you use to stamp on the fabric?
ReplyDelete