the peaceful pincushion

I'm an embroiderer (a humble one), this you know. I have looots of different embroidery floss. I use lots, and always have leftovers. Always. I keep them. Not the very short ones, but the ones that are still in a reasonnable quantity, yes. So I have a little stash of tangled embroidery floss leftovers. I've been keeping them in a glass jar, and have decided to start using them. I picked the colors of the rainbow, and peacefully, one running stitch at a time, I stitched a little square of (natural) linen.

leftovers

so by the end of the day, yesterday, it was stitched, I didn't know if it was really over. (I always let my heart guide me and hardly ever know beforehand what I'm going to do) I didn't know what I was going to do with it.

nothing specific (yet)
nothing specific (yet)

and this afternoon, my heart told me to go grab one of the most colorful Liberty of London prints. I love this print. It has this hippie, happy, flower power, 70's ,peaceful feeling. I had embroidered it with no big ambition, it was purely relaxing, and it ended being quite simple, very humble, and I really, really love the way it turned out. So ... I decided to make a pincushion with it.

the peaceful pincushion
the peaceful pincushion
the peaceful pincushion
the peaceful pincushion
the peaceful pincushion

it's already in the shop, though I will close it from July 10th to July 31th, so if you wanted to get something before I go, now is the time.

oxox
hugs

Sonia

Comments

  1. so so sweet. love it. time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like that little cushion! I love the mix of the two fabrics and your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should be a proud embroiderer (rather than a humble one), your work is so lovely. Loving that rainbow :O) Would love to see one in our sky sometime soon!

    Mind you, I should be grateful. It has cooled down a lot this week, and today there is grey sky and the hope of rain. Hoping your weather is cooling or about to soon. No fun when it's super hot.

    enjoy your week :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use ends of floss!
    Is there something "written" with the pins? I definitely can see K, C and F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lovely! :) Your stripes & colors are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !