one last crafty post before our trip

I haven't showed you what I managed to make (read, craft, sew) last week. FOR ONCE, it was for us, and in fact, a twin is in the making (only needs to be sewn together). I'm talgking about cushions covers.

I bought a gorgeous fabric from Aunt June on Etsy, back in May. I had already in mind its future use : cushion covers. I'll be back to Lauren's shop to get more fabric, when we'll be back home.

the back of the cushion is a beautiful white & blue half linen half cotton stripey print. Love it !

nautical cushion
nautical cushion

I think it even looks better on our bed ...

it almost look better on our bed

last week I also revamped a denim hat I had bought (you must have seen it on my Flickr stream). I bought it on sale (half the price) but it was a bit too plain to my taste. I used salvaged denim to make belt loops, and sewed a pleated band with a red floral fabric, which can be removed & changed. (and plan to make many more)

denim hat ... in need to prettiness
denim hat ... prettied up (front)
denim hat ... prettied up (back)

this is how it looks on me

denim hat ... modelled (front)
denim hat ... modelled (back)

while we're talking about crafts, let me show you some shots I made last week of my creative space, in the summer evening light. (taken from the computer corner)

my creative space 07 07 10, 8.20pm
brushes
yet another WIP
where the little magic happens

on this kind of magical view, I'll leave you for now, I'll have something new to show you tomorrow.

if you're looking for me tonight, I'll be at my inlaws', drinking a cold Heineken, wearing my best orange tank top, and cheering for the Netherlands !



now you all take care & have a great Sunday !

oxox

Sonia

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful time on your trip. Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great trip, I hope our english weather picks up for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're coming here! How did I miss that? Well, depending on where you are going, it looks like you'll see some rain :O) It's already clouding over and this week is going to be 'unsettled'!

    Love the way you have customised your hat.

    Safe travelling. Enjoy your holiday :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries Sonia, still sunny in these parts - although a little rain is in the forecast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Sonia, I am (almost!) back online after many weeks with no computer :( Enjoy your trip to England! :) We had 3 hideous chilly, windy and rainy weeks with high temps around 18C (14C today) and it seems more rain is on the way. Yuck! England is so much better weather-wise, so glad for you :D Come back with lotsa pics! Hugs!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor Kia! Pack your brolly though Sonia, rain has finally made it to the South of England. Hurrah!

    safe journey xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !