july 17

ok we're back from our very short trip to my inlaws'. Oh boy, never time to get bored over here !! My home is such a mess right now that I can't believe it myself ! :(

back to our trip recap now ... back in time, girls

july 17

we're going to Hampstead today. Hubby & I have fond memories of going there on a very foggy winter day in December 1998 & we really really wanted to go back with the boys. There are sooo many gorgeous homes there, you can spend the whole day daydreaming you're living there !

july 17
july 17
july 17

then we're entering Hampstead Heath, a large & ancient London park (covering 320 hectares) We've taken the picnic & have found a quite place in the shade of an old tree, surrounded by grass & blackberry bushes. The essence of British summer !

july 17
july 17
july 17
july 17
july 17
july 17
july 17
july 17

we are already pooped, of walking, running, climbing trees (not me !!), but we (ok, I !!) have planned to go to the shop of a very talented artist : Rob Ryan. (no, I didn't get to meet him in person !) But boy oh boy, even with taking the underground, it was a loooong trip by foot. (poor children we have, we make them walk so much, sometimes !!) It's in Columbia Road :

july 17

such a tiny but adorable shop, and as you can imagine, I didn't leave empty handed !! The street is filled with the omg-smell of cupcakes in the oven ... there is a Treacle shop there, and we can not but not buying some. (very small reward for such a long day of walking !) Believe me, they were out of this world !

july 17

oxox

Sonia

Comments

  1. i love that picture of you in your liberty banded hat so much sonia
    i love all your pictures but that one is oh so special

    ReplyDelete
  2. cupcake scented streets. Ok, i'm buying my plane ticket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you brought back memories for me! Hamstead Heath... My kiwi son and Daughter-in-law live in Belsize and my friend and I stayed there for six weeks while S & A went travelling. We loved Hampstead area..those beautiful old houses! We never tired of exploring! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeous images Sonia, and lovely to see your pretty face. Your pictures make me want to go into London more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great series of posts Sonia! Thank you so much for sharing with us. I was going to London this summer too but unfortunately the trip was cancelled. Seeing your pictures and reading about the places you've been helps me travel by imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. had a quick catch up. Did you get to Liberty? I hope so, it's always worth a visit :o)

    Glad you had a good time, no, not offended about your views on the Museum, I've read much worse about the country that I love, believe me! ;o)

    have a lovely Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonia, I just have to say what a fabulous photographer you are. I enjoyed all of these - especially the hollyhock and your boys. There is a freshness in your photos that I look forward to seeing here all the time. Thank you so very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !