this afternoon, we dyed

yes, we dyed, with a "Y", not an "I" (ok, this is a silly silly joke, I know)
this afternoon, hubby & I dyed again, as the title says. Not one, not two, but three dyes. Two hot dyes, and the start of one solar dyeing. So in preparation we had mordanted a good quantity of silk linen, cotton crochet lace & also silk yarn, yesterday afternoon. I kept them all overnight in a big (Le Parfait) glass jar, and I think it did look good in itself ...

mordanted more fabrics yesterday

the first of the two hot dyes was done with the same Italian buckthorn than we used on Sunday. The result was so good that we thought it would be reasonnable & smart to take advantage of the fact that they're available for us right now, and may not later. In a word, it was now or never. So we did dye again, and with twice the quantity of fibers. (in comparison with the quantity we dyed last Sunday)

I'll talk about the second hot bath as soon as it'll be ready to show, which should be tomorrow.

and the solar dyeing has a blog post of its own HERE. I just blogged about it, minutes ago.

it was a rather long day, it's not even 11pm but I'm going to bed very soon. Sorry for the rather short post but that's all I could do after posting on the other blog, and after a full day.

oxox

Sonia

Comments

  1. short but always so sweet sonia
    hope you had wonderful dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried to post this on your "dying" site but blogger wasn't happy with me so I'll try here.

    So interesting! I've always wondered how berries would turn out, I know they stain our clothes quite nicely. I didn't know some mulberries were poisonous, guess I'll stop plucking them from every tree I see.
    Have you considered selling any of your fabrics on Etsy, I'd love to get my hands on a little of your pretty yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh wow, i love the idea of using natural dyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonia, your new banner is amazing!!!!! I hope you slept well. I love following your natural dying trials.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !