yesterday, I figured, by chance, how to post a slideshow of photos from a set in my Flickr stream. Why ô why didn't I figure that earlier, I don't know. Maybe because I had never seen any on another blog. (probably the one & good reason ... I guess I am very influencable) My friend Joanie asked me how I did it, so I did a couple of screen capture & will try to explain you how it goes. It's really easy, don't worry.
first, do as usual when you want to prepare a blog post, and keep that window open. Then, go to your Flickr stream in another page. (a new one) Go to the main page of the set you want to use. It should look like this :

then click on the link "SLIDESHOW" and you will be taken to this kind of page :

now in the upper right corner of this black page, you should see this :

now click the link "SHARE" & it will open a little menu/page like this :

seen closer, it looks like this :

click the link "CUSTOMIZE THIS HTML" & it will open a new window, like this :

... which seen closer, looks like this :

for MY blog, I use the MEDIUM preset slideshow size (500x375), but you may need a smaller size for your blog's size / template. (or a larger one !) Select the size that is best for you, and further down, will appear the html code you need to CUT & PASTE in your blog post's HTML code too.

I am on Blogger (as you see !!) but I suppose this will work on Typepad or any other blog host that allows you to access the HTML code of your blog post. If you tried & used it, I'd love to know & admire your slideshow, so let me know ! :)
ok, off to prepare our stuff for our weekend at the seaside. It's only 25km from here, but it will feel like a real weekend of vacation. We'll stay here, if you really want to know. We'll leave today after the boys will have finish school, and we'll be back on Sunday evening.
oh, before I go ... I completely forgot to tell you that SHIPPING (in my shop) will be FREE, WORLDWIDE, and on ALL ORDERS, until JUNE 30th !
let me wish you all a delightful weekend. I'll be back on Sunday, with sand between my toes :)
first, do as usual when you want to prepare a blog post, and keep that window open. Then, go to your Flickr stream in another page. (a new one) Go to the main page of the set you want to use. It should look like this :

then click on the link "SLIDESHOW" and you will be taken to this kind of page :

now in the upper right corner of this black page, you should see this :

now click the link "SHARE" & it will open a little menu/page like this :

seen closer, it looks like this :

click the link "CUSTOMIZE THIS HTML" & it will open a new window, like this :

... which seen closer, looks like this :

for MY blog, I use the MEDIUM preset slideshow size (500x375), but you may need a smaller size for your blog's size / template. (or a larger one !) Select the size that is best for you, and further down, will appear the html code you need to CUT & PASTE in your blog post's HTML code too.

I am on Blogger (as you see !!) but I suppose this will work on Typepad or any other blog host that allows you to access the HTML code of your blog post. If you tried & used it, I'd love to know & admire your slideshow, so let me know ! :)
ok, off to prepare our stuff for our weekend at the seaside. It's only 25km from here, but it will feel like a real weekend of vacation. We'll stay here, if you really want to know. We'll leave today after the boys will have finish school, and we'll be back on Sunday evening.
oh, before I go ... I completely forgot to tell you that SHIPPING (in my shop) will be FREE, WORLDWIDE, and on ALL ORDERS, until JUNE 30th !
let me wish you all a delightful weekend. I'll be back on Sunday, with sand between my toes :)
oxox
Sonia
Sonia ! you genius ! i had never thought about this...
ReplyDeletexoxoxo for your day :)
mmmh ça a l'air chouette ce p'tit weekend en prépa !
ReplyDeleteet bien pour moi ce sera séjour dans le potager :p
je me réjouis de faire virtuellement le voyage en Camargue si tu nous régales de quelques photos la semaine prochaine !
Enjoy your trip!!! Sounds like fun. ((BIG HUGS))!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! I had no idea!!! Thanks... that could come in handy :o)
ReplyDeleteHi-I'm not sure if my comment went through earlier, but I wanted to say 'thanks' for sharing this info. I could never figure out how to make a slideshow from flickr-I just made one today and posted it on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteGreat thing! Have a good weekend by the seaside!
ReplyDeleteSonia, you're so sweet to take the time to post these instructions! Thanks so much for the tutorial, perhaps Flickr should hire you.
ReplyDeleteI will try this when I have a set to share.
Have a fantastic weekend, and here's a tip: brush out those sandy toes before putting them in your bed ;)
Sonia, thanks so much for taking the time to show us how to do this. Perhaps Flickr should hire you to write tutorials for them. I'll definitely try it out when I have a set to share.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend and here's a tip: brush out those toes before you put them in your bed ;)