the party's over

today we held P's birthday party
hot weather
small appartment
no garden
eight children (seven of them being 7 or 8 y-o)
excitement, lots of it
it went fine
but thank goodness it's over
(insert a "what an awful mama she is" remark)

I decided to use the three colorful buntings I had made for the shop months ago. They didn't sell, and their listing is expiring in four days, I won't relist them & will keep them for ourselves, for future birthday parties. (did I just type that ?!!)

I had even installed a photo booth of some sort, but between the excitement & the fact that it is not really in the tradition over here, it went unused, except by my two boys before the guests arrived.

bunting
before the tornadoe
what was meant to be a photobooth
team

and tomorrow it's his turn to be the guest of a birthday party ... and therefore we'll have to spend the day out (not that I complain, I need fresh air & green growing things).

hope your weekend is like you had planned it to be. Thanks for stopping by :)

xoxo

Sonia

Comments

  1. Aww,look at those cuties! I'm glad you survived the party and glad your little guy had fun. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekend has already been way too crazy busy but P & U's adorable smiling faces just gave me a happy boost - that photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an awesome mommy. The smiles prove it. Thanks for making me smile today too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your honesty! I've been the same post party, felt complete relief and I know that in the coming years I'll feel the same way every year! It's a lot of hard work, and it's always down to Mum to do it :O)

    lovely photos xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !