immortelle

no, I am not immortelle myself ... (not sure that's something I'm really wishing ... this requires a deeper reflection from me ... ummm) but immortelle is the name of the flower hubby & I used for dyeing yesterday afternoon. Its name in Latin is Helichrysum stoechas, and grows wild where we went last weekend. It's a yellow flower, smelling strong like curry (I swear), and it even smelled like curry when boiling, and even now that the fabrics have beeen dyed, rinced, dried & ironed, they still smell like curry very strong. Not that I do mind, curry is a nice smell, not really unpleasant. I blogged about the whole dyeing this morning, and you can read it all (and see all the photos !) THERE

dyeing with plants // helichrysum stoechas

the boys were off school today (= wednesday), so I had to keep them busy during the afternoon. Hubby had taken them a couple of hours this morning, but I managed somehow to make houseworks (and taking care of the dyed fabrics I just mentionned) during that time. So nothing much crafty happened today. (except when I crafted with the boys)

I have started dusting & cleaning / clearing / decluttering my creative space (which, as far as I'm concerned, means the computer side AND the sewing side), and I have come to the (very easy, but it took me long, apparently) conclusion that ...

my creative space is overcrowded = my creative mind is overcrowded

too much mess on the desks = too much mess in my mind

... so a big clean & reorganization is in order ! Feeling creative is awesome, but I'm a paper (+ pieces of paper of various sizes) keeper ... a book piler ... a mess maker ... a multi-WIP starter ... oh gosh, my list could be long ! (so I'll stop here)

What about you ?
are you a messy crafter ?
does mess block your creativity ?

oxox

Sonia

Comments

  1. Oh Immortelle! How I love these flowers, the scent is special, but so much childhood to me.
    My grandmother always had immortelle wreaths in her bathroom and a little bouquet hanging somewhere at a cupboard or wardrobe and we used to pick them a lot in the meadows when I was a little girl. But now that I am living in Sweden, I have never found any immortelle on my walks and really miss this summer scent.

    Warm greetings, Juliane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that mess and clutter does the same to the mind. I spent a lovely time yesterday filing away my 'vogues' in large clear plastic boxes with lids. Which sounds totally dull, but meant they were safe and neatly stored away. Something I've been wanting to do for ages.

    My craft stuff is crammed away in a cupboard. I have to keep it out of the way of a little girl, or it would end up strewn everywhere! So really, anyone coming into my home wouldn't even know I did any crafts of any kind, it's all out of sight!

    Hope you are ok where you are. Saw the floods in the South of France, and can't remember where you are. Either way, stay safe. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of creative people are quite messy as that is how a creative mind works. I flutters from one idea to another which sparks another idea and in all the excitement things like being tidy get lost on the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so messy when i get really into making things
    i tend to be a visual display of entropy in action
    spreading my mess as far and wide as the space will allow
    but i like my kitchen tidy and can't stand when there are dirty dishes in the sink or on the counter

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, messy blocks my creativity. i gotta have a clean spot before i create anything. fortunately for me, my craft is songwriting and altho i prefer to do it in my studio, if its too messy, i can just take my guitar someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed mess is not supportive for crafting, but unfortunately wen I craft mess is a part of it. And the big problem occurs when I do more than one thing at the time. Than I have to stop for a moment and make some order in the mess :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !