before talking about saturday, let me quickly tell you how went U's school fete. Weather had been predicted to be so so, but in fact it did rain all day. Which, really, is NOT usual for this moment of the year over here. Very unlucky children, I say. Anyway. It did take place (even though it had been announced that it would be cancelled in the case it would rain ...) VERY few parents had enrolled themselves for stands, so there were much less than planned, and they had to be brought out of the rain. To make long short, I stayed at my stand for 2h15 instead of 45mn. Thank goodness my mom was here to take care of the stand with me, as lots of children came, often too many at once (of course !). Hubby himself stayed longer to his stand. And did we have a litte thank you from the teacher when we left ? Not one, thank you. I love my son, and I love children, that's why I decided to be there for them, but frankly, I'm not very happy with the teacher. :(
OK, let's talk about Saturday now ...
we went to explore a place we didn't know & that was introduced to my hubby by one of his colleagues, last week. The clay is red because of iron oxide, naturally present there. It had a little feeling of north american canyons, which is not really usual over here ... I'd love to show you each photo one by one, but I'll use the slideshow to make it easier for me (feel free to go visit my Flickr stream for a better quality & larger size).
let's sum up, saying that we saw :
- loooots of toadpoles
- many many tiny frogs (and I held a frog in my hands for the VERY FIRST time of my life, which sounds weird when you are already 32, doesn't it ?)
- lots of spiders too (I think I even spotted one carrying a bag of eggs)
- many flowers
- really tons of lichens
- looots of butterflies ('tis the season)
- we did collected something that we used today for dyeing, but I'll keep the surprise for tomorrowon our way back home, we stopped by a place, only to have a look at. It was gorgeous to look at, but not really accessible.then we stopped by a village where we had a drink. (it had been a hot day yesterday) On my way back to the car, I saw a lovely worn turquoise door.today we brought my mom to the station, had a long walk in town, had a coffee in a café, and once home, I had a goooood share of housework, including cleaning the fridge, laundry & hoovering. Then hubby & I dyed (which does take time too), so now I'm a little pooped. But happy. So I'll leave you for today, hoping you had a very lovely weekend !
and I wanted to wish my friend Laurraine a woooonderful & happy birthday today ! :D
OK, let's talk about Saturday now ...
we went to explore a place we didn't know & that was introduced to my hubby by one of his colleagues, last week. The clay is red because of iron oxide, naturally present there. It had a little feeling of north american canyons, which is not really usual over here ... I'd love to show you each photo one by one, but I'll use the slideshow to make it easier for me (feel free to go visit my Flickr stream for a better quality & larger size).
let's sum up, saying that we saw :
- loooots of toadpoles
- many many tiny frogs (and I held a frog in my hands for the VERY FIRST time of my life, which sounds weird when you are already 32, doesn't it ?)
- lots of spiders too (I think I even spotted one carrying a bag of eggs)
- many flowers
- really tons of lichens
- looots of butterflies ('tis the season)
- we did collected something that we used today for dyeing, but I'll keep the surprise for tomorrowon our way back home, we stopped by a place, only to have a look at. It was gorgeous to look at, but not really accessible.then we stopped by a village where we had a drink. (it had been a hot day yesterday) On my way back to the car, I saw a lovely worn turquoise door.today we brought my mom to the station, had a long walk in town, had a coffee in a café, and once home, I had a goooood share of housework, including cleaning the fridge, laundry & hoovering. Then hubby & I dyed (which does take time too), so now I'm a little pooped. But happy. So I'll leave you for today, hoping you had a very lovely weekend !
and I wanted to wish my friend Laurraine a woooonderful & happy birthday today ! :D
xoxo
Sonia
Oh not nice. Sorry to hear about that. There is several teachers I don't particularly like here either ( I have my children in three different schools) and for that reason alone I wish my French was very good, so I could tell them what I 'think' but in time, I am sure I will be able to :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a great mother though, and you should be proud you stayed x
Oh, it is so unnice, these teachers :/
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand. These waterfalls are so beautiful. And this last photo, the keyholes, are so lovely. The door seem like the ones for Alice in Wonderland for me
your slide show was just fantastic
ReplyDeleteI really wish I could walk by your side although after reading lisa's convo with you on flickr I think I might also be of the risky, adventurous type.
If this is the first time you held a frog I think your sense of adventure wil increase exponentially from now on.
first time here...beautiful things to look at!
ReplyDeleteSorry the weather wasn't better for your weekend Sonia, I'm sure all the kids appreciated your efforts!
ReplyDeleteThat door is so cute, heaps of character!
:) Flick
I'm sure the happiness and excitement of the children makes up for the adults. U will also be very proud to have had both mama and daddy helping out.
ReplyDeleteThe red soil is amazing, fun to explore new places too. That last image here might have to be a new screed saver - you know I'm still using the last aqua coloured image you so nicely offered! Between you and Margie my computer monitor is always happily decorated.
ggrrr re the teachers, at our school i do like the teachers but they never seem to think that saying thank you is needed when you help with something. It is as if they expect it rather than realising you are giving up your precious time to help.
ReplyDelete