thirty two

we got back from our weekend getaway on Sunday evening, but spent the day yesterday at my inlaws', otherwise I would have posted for sure.

I really can't spend an hour posting photos (I took over 200) so I'll just show you a couple of them, and will guide you to the set I uploaded on Flickr >> here <<.

yellow fascinations


thrilled
street names
spread
yellow

I was charmed by the beauty of the city, of course, but also by the yellowness of a flower (yet to be identified ... grr) & of lichens, both growing directly on the walls. We stayed in the Hotel de la Cité, which was pretty amazing (the only hotel in France owned by the Orient Express company) & was a birthday gift from my sweet hubby.

so yesterday was spent at my inlaws'. It was a warm, sunny day & I took advantage of this to stay outside, and paint & paint & paint, while the boys played in the garden, on their own, with hubby, or with their grandma. I had an amazing time painting like that ! I was inspired by Maidenhair Spleenwort / Asplenium trichomanes / Capillaire des Murailles.

capillaire des murailles
asplenium trichomanes
asplemnium trichomanes | detail
both of them on my Moleskine watercolor pocketbook (the two above)
maidenhair spleenwort
and this one is a larger version (above)

the remnants of paints inspired me a more abstract piece (Moleskine size)


it was the good day for sunbathing ... like this Pisaura mirabilis on a leaf of Salvia officinalis ...

pisaura mirabilis sunbathing on a leaf of salvia officinalis

yesterday had a taste of summer ...

more succulents
basil

and for the last photo, I'll show you the last thing I did before leaving my inlaws' ... starting to embroider maidenhair spleenwort on linen.

maidenhair spleenwort on linen

ok, off to Ikea now. I'm turning 32 today, and have already had a sweet morning, with sweet & simple celebrations, and wishes from my parents, inlaws, and many friends on the net. Thank you dearly, sweetest friends. You make my world go round.

oxoxoxoxoxoxox
super extra special birthday hugs to all of you

Sonia

Comments

  1. Gorgeous photos! And a very happy birthday to you! Have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, and I loooove your water colors. You talented thing, you. Have a wonderful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations Dear Sonia! May you be spoiled rotten :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sonia! Urgh, I've forgotten again. HOnestly, my mind is just mush most days. I wish you a very happy day :O)

    Lovely photos, I'm glad you had a good weekend.

    ooh. RE the furniture. LA (of course), but plain and not floral, but that's ok, because they are so pretty I don't want anything to distract from them. It'll be clear what I mean when I show photos! ;o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sonia, I hope you are having a very happy day. Glad you had a great time last weekend! Birthday hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Happy Birthday...lucky you, IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy happy birthday! i love all the yellow and green in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buon Compleanno / Happy Birthday, dear Sonia! *birthday hugs* from Zeno and me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the happiest birthday Sonia! Sounds like a wonderful day spent doing what you love. I have said it before, but I am in LOVE with your watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Sonia!!! Hope you had a lovely day! I'd love to visit Carcassone... great pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. on vient de rentrer (journée playa sur une ile)
    encore **joyeux anniversaire** chère Sonia ! j'espère que tu as passé une douce journée et suis ravie que tu aies été bien entourée de ceux & celles que tu aimes, parce que c'est ça le plus important !
    je craque pour tes aquarelles ! ma toute préférée est la quatrième ... (j'ai hâte que tu en fasses des cartes ! je serais cliente ! en attednant je garde précieusement mon mimosa-sonia !!)
    plein de bisous et à très vite dans ta BAL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Sonia! I hope you had a wonderful day! And what a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday to you sonia!!
    hope 32 is your best year yet.
    i love your paintings and embroidery and photos- all so beautiful! (and now i want to move to france.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday Sonia!
    Loved your post and your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday. Gorgeous photos there and the paintings are just wonderful - love all the natural colours in them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday, dear Sonia, I hope all is well with you and your men!! Miss you.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sonia, here comes a two days late: Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day together with your family.

    Your photos are beautiful, and my favourites are nr. 1, 2 and 7. And I love the green on white aquarel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joyeux anniversaire et merci pour ces petites images de domesticite et de france. je viens de trouver ce blog a travers un autre...et j'en suis contente. Passez une superbe semaine.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !