well, phew ... here we are on the "last" day of the week ... I won't babble too long & will announce the name of the winner of last friday's giveaway (redwork love) :
Lisa
congratulations, dear !! I'll contact you ASAP.
well ... here is the last set of questions you asked me last week. I hope you enjoyed reading more about me, it was really time consumming for me, but it really was worth it & it even helped me realize some things about myself.
how does your hand look like, and what is your favourite ring ?
... oh, my hands ... they're rather dry. I think I was my hands a trillion times a day ! Not that I'm a maniac, but I sometimes take the tramway (usually 4 times a day), and we live in a building where other people live & circulate. I don't like being ill or sick, so I've taught myself to wash my hands as soon as I get home. Besides, I wash some of our dishes by hands, and clean ... etc ... you know what I mean, don't you ??! Other than that, my fingers are short & not think nor fat. (thanks for the details ... but, hey, you asked for them !!) My favorite ring in on my finger all the time, it's my wedding ring. It's made of gold & has 10 tiny diamonds. The most valuable piece of jewelry I've ever owned & will ever.
how did you meet your beloved ?
... I'd known his brother from high school. His brother is the same age as me. Hubby is 3 years older. (born in 1975) I got to know him when during my first year of university, his brother, himself & I had decided to go to a gym club (I know, what an idea !) I didn't drive, so either his brother or him would grab me home & take me there ... And one thing leading to another .... um, I fell totally in love with him, and him with me ! LOL
do you know Spain ?
... well, we don't live too far from Spain, but I have never been to Spain. Eventually !
what is your favorite fabric pattern ?
... gingham ! but ticking (matress stripes, blue or red, and possibly vintage)) would come second. I used to adore polka dots, now, I'd use it a bit less.
if you could have any pet irrespective of allergies etc, what would it be and what would you name it ?
... not sure I have well understood the question (thanks Margie !!!!!!) ... could you explain me a bit more in the comment section, thanks !(there, you see, my English is far from perfect !)
what part of France did you grow up ?
... I grew up only 35km away from where we live now, which is still southern France.
do you do a lot of redwork ?
... not at all. I don't do it. I wish I had the time to make all the things I visually enjoy, but that's not possible. This summer, maybe.
where would you go if you can travel to anywhere in the world ?
... well, so we're going to go to England this summer ... but other than that we'd love to go to : south-eastern Canada & north-eastern USA, Italy, Scotland, Sicily, Sweden + Norway + Finland ...
we have the exact (not kidding!) glasses. I'm due for some new ones just like you... what will we choose !?
... well, I don't know about you, Maya, but I'll stay in the same style. I'm not going to pick bright red glasses ! LOL They'll have to be either brown or black, rather rectangle too, I think. No round glasses for me, or I look like a pig, thank you very much !
when is your birthday ?
... April 20th (yes yes it's my birthday month !)
if you were an animal, which animal would you be and why ?
... a bee. Because a bee is so very useful to humanity. Without bees, we wouldn't be anything at all. Because bees are always busy, and so am I !
have you always lived in France ?
... yes !
what is your favourite chocolate, white, milk or dark ?
... I like them three, but like to eat milk or dark, like this, which I wouldn't do with white chocolate, which, anyway, isn't chocolate. But I enjoy to use it in muffins recipes, though !
what is your favorite kind of jam, or preserves ?
... I'm myself a big fan of jellies, more particularly apple jelly or raspberry jelly. But I love strawberry jam, blackberries jam, or strawberry + rhubarb jam.
What is your favourite craft to do ?
... hand-embroidering !
how did you first get interested in dyeing with plants ?
... well, some of my friends had already tried their hands at it, Margie, Lisa & Cathy, and other ladies that admire a lot too, like Eva or Carolyn, got me very motivated to try my own hands at it. Then I was inspired by the dyeing goddess herself, India Flint. All in all, I had a very strong inspiration, then motivation to get started !
what's your favorite material to work with ?
... linen
do you make your own crochet trims ?
... no, first I don't crochet well enough, and then, it would be too time consuming, for me.
have you done much redwork ?
... already answered, nope.
what types of crafting would you like to do that you haven't already ?
... I answered this one too ... there are so many ones !! Stamp carving, fabric printing ... so many !
what's your favorite song ?
... really can't pick one ... I love too many songs, from very different singers, of very different styles ...
okaaaaay ... well, I think I had my share of question for the whole year, don't you think ?! LOL
I'm now in a good mood but yesterday was not quite the same ... I had had a short & bad night (torm + insomnia + little one who was thirsty ... gosh) + PMSing + being very busy (taking care of the boys, taking them to school, coming back home ... and this 4 times yesterday ... - I have to point that it takes me 30mn, by foot of course, to leave home, take them both to school, and come back home. Four times yesterday) I also went to the dentist's in the morning ... oh well ... I was not feeling very nice at all. Tired mentally & physically. Thank goodness for friends on Twitter or Flickr, and for a little parcel that came in the mail ...
I had ordered last week a sublime Gossamer handdyed long scarf from Martha, at Uniform Natural. A very early birthday gift, from me, to me. I had a crush on that deep teal & I was so right. It's just magnificient ! I hope to purchase another (others ?) when there will be any new in her shop.well ... we're supposed to have a rainy weather this weekend, and I really really won't mind, I'm in a very cozy state of mind, given that I'm not PMSing anymore (if you see what I mean, girls), and that hubby's still very awfully busy (but working from home, so that's sometimes *hot* to handle !) ... I hope to stay home all weekend (on Monday we'll be going to my inlaws') & get things done AND relax a lot too. I hope you will be able to do what you want or have planned to.
ok, gotta go now. Have a lovely end of your week !
Lisa
congratulations, dear !! I'll contact you ASAP.
well ... here is the last set of questions you asked me last week. I hope you enjoyed reading more about me, it was really time consumming for me, but it really was worth it & it even helped me realize some things about myself.
how does your hand look like, and what is your favourite ring ?
... oh, my hands ... they're rather dry. I think I was my hands a trillion times a day ! Not that I'm a maniac, but I sometimes take the tramway (usually 4 times a day), and we live in a building where other people live & circulate. I don't like being ill or sick, so I've taught myself to wash my hands as soon as I get home. Besides, I wash some of our dishes by hands, and clean ... etc ... you know what I mean, don't you ??! Other than that, my fingers are short & not think nor fat. (thanks for the details ... but, hey, you asked for them !!) My favorite ring in on my finger all the time, it's my wedding ring. It's made of gold & has 10 tiny diamonds. The most valuable piece of jewelry I've ever owned & will ever.
how did you meet your beloved ?
... I'd known his brother from high school. His brother is the same age as me. Hubby is 3 years older. (born in 1975) I got to know him when during my first year of university, his brother, himself & I had decided to go to a gym club (I know, what an idea !) I didn't drive, so either his brother or him would grab me home & take me there ... And one thing leading to another .... um, I fell totally in love with him, and him with me ! LOL
do you know Spain ?
... well, we don't live too far from Spain, but I have never been to Spain. Eventually !
what is your favorite fabric pattern ?
... gingham ! but ticking (matress stripes, blue or red, and possibly vintage)) would come second. I used to adore polka dots, now, I'd use it a bit less.
if you could have any pet irrespective of allergies etc, what would it be and what would you name it ?
... not sure I have well understood the question (thanks Margie !!!!!!) ... could you explain me a bit more in the comment section, thanks !(there, you see, my English is far from perfect !)
what part of France did you grow up ?
... I grew up only 35km away from where we live now, which is still southern France.
do you do a lot of redwork ?
... not at all. I don't do it. I wish I had the time to make all the things I visually enjoy, but that's not possible. This summer, maybe.
where would you go if you can travel to anywhere in the world ?
... well, so we're going to go to England this summer ... but other than that we'd love to go to : south-eastern Canada & north-eastern USA, Italy, Scotland, Sicily, Sweden + Norway + Finland ...
we have the exact (not kidding!) glasses. I'm due for some new ones just like you... what will we choose !?
... well, I don't know about you, Maya, but I'll stay in the same style. I'm not going to pick bright red glasses ! LOL They'll have to be either brown or black, rather rectangle too, I think. No round glasses for me, or I look like a pig, thank you very much !
when is your birthday ?
... April 20th (yes yes it's my birthday month !)
if you were an animal, which animal would you be and why ?
... a bee. Because a bee is so very useful to humanity. Without bees, we wouldn't be anything at all. Because bees are always busy, and so am I !
have you always lived in France ?
... yes !
what is your favourite chocolate, white, milk or dark ?
... I like them three, but like to eat milk or dark, like this, which I wouldn't do with white chocolate, which, anyway, isn't chocolate. But I enjoy to use it in muffins recipes, though !
what is your favorite kind of jam, or preserves ?
... I'm myself a big fan of jellies, more particularly apple jelly or raspberry jelly. But I love strawberry jam, blackberries jam, or strawberry + rhubarb jam.
What is your favourite craft to do ?
... hand-embroidering !
how did you first get interested in dyeing with plants ?
... well, some of my friends had already tried their hands at it, Margie, Lisa & Cathy, and other ladies that admire a lot too, like Eva or Carolyn, got me very motivated to try my own hands at it. Then I was inspired by the dyeing goddess herself, India Flint. All in all, I had a very strong inspiration, then motivation to get started !
what's your favorite material to work with ?
... linen
do you make your own crochet trims ?
... no, first I don't crochet well enough, and then, it would be too time consuming, for me.
have you done much redwork ?
... already answered, nope.
what types of crafting would you like to do that you haven't already ?
... I answered this one too ... there are so many ones !! Stamp carving, fabric printing ... so many !
what's your favorite song ?
... really can't pick one ... I love too many songs, from very different singers, of very different styles ...
okaaaaay ... well, I think I had my share of question for the whole year, don't you think ?! LOL
I'm now in a good mood but yesterday was not quite the same ... I had had a short & bad night (torm + insomnia + little one who was thirsty ... gosh) + PMSing + being very busy (taking care of the boys, taking them to school, coming back home ... and this 4 times yesterday ... - I have to point that it takes me 30mn, by foot of course, to leave home, take them both to school, and come back home. Four times yesterday) I also went to the dentist's in the morning ... oh well ... I was not feeling very nice at all. Tired mentally & physically. Thank goodness for friends on Twitter or Flickr, and for a little parcel that came in the mail ...
I had ordered last week a sublime Gossamer handdyed long scarf from Martha, at Uniform Natural. A very early birthday gift, from me, to me. I had a crush on that deep teal & I was so right. It's just magnificient ! I hope to purchase another (others ?) when there will be any new in her shop.well ... we're supposed to have a rainy weather this weekend, and I really really won't mind, I'm in a very cozy state of mind, given that I'm not PMSing anymore (if you see what I mean, girls), and that hubby's still very awfully busy (but working from home, so that's sometimes *hot* to handle !) ... I hope to stay home all weekend (on Monday we'll be going to my inlaws') & get things done AND relax a lot too. I hope you will be able to do what you want or have planned to.
ok, gotta go now. Have a lovely end of your week !
oxox
Sonia
Have a good one, hope you have a better nights sleep tonigh (my little one has also been very noctural recently ggrr).
ReplyDeleteor did I mean to say nocturnal! See I can't even type due to no sleep lol
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I won! I'm so excited! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself this week. I have really enjoyed reading all of this, and learning more about you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHello Sonia! Well...I can well imagine what your nights are like. (you know we share children who don't sleep well) I'm glad today is better for you~ and I can imagine how hard it is with your days broken up like that. My mornings can be that way with G at preschool if I also have appts.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful long weekend~ we are also in for some rain here which will make it cosy. Love to you! xoo
Ciao Sonia, nice reading more about you. What are your plans for Easter? How will you celebrate this year? Have a lovely Easter weekend, hugs!
ReplyDeleteIt's a blank holiday here today, so I am confused already - thinking it's Saturday when it's still only Friday!
ReplyDeletehave a lovely Easter weekend xx
blank?! bank holiday surely!!!!! :o)xx
ReplyDeleteThanks for the detaiiled answered. I´d love to see your ring. It sounds beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteWe love you so much sonia that I think the questions could go on and on and on. My question was that if you could have any pet you wanted what would it be and what would you name it. I complicated the question by saying it wouldn't matter if you were allergic or not or whether or not your apartment allows pets. It is sort of a magical question.
ReplyDelete