monday giveaway : springy colors

if you missed yesterday's post, then I'll make it short : my blog on Blogger turned 2 on Saturday, and I'm having a week of little giveaways (a bit like the one that was held last autumn) this week.

today is Monday (whaaaat ? already ?!), so here's the first giveaway !

entering your name YESTERDAY was useless, the giveaways start TODAY ! Yesterday I just named the rules & showed what was going to be given away all week ...

it includes (from left to right) :
- 1 meter of yellow cotton tape (from Mokuba)
- 1 meter of green cotton crochet lace
- 1 meter of yellow cotton crochet lace
- 1 simple flower shaped cookie cutter

I'll repeat the rules each day, in case you stumble upon these giveaways & didn't read the original post about it. So here it goes :

... you can enter your name (once) each day, for each new giveaway !

... you don't have to have a blog yourself, but having a Flickr stream would be nice

... I'm willing to ship anywhere on this planet, so go ahead !

... although I'm on Twitter, you won't get more "tickets" if you tweet or retweet about it


Therefore, to enter your name, everyday, for each giveaway, you will have to :

... provide a name (so I can call you by your name if you win !)

... provide an email address or a way for me to contact you

... (just becasue I'm so curious !) tell me in which country you live

... tell me if you craft yourself (and which crafts you do, if you want to)

... and this is new for this week of giveaway .... you will have to ask me ONE QUESTION, something you've always wondered about me, a question you would like to ask me, really, anything ! I'll be happy to answer any questions. It can be personal (a bit, OK ?) or ... oh well, really, be imaginative !!

and I will be answering each question (yes !) the following week (on Monday I will answer the questions asked the previous Monday etc)

okay ... then, good luck everyone, and let's celebrate ! :)

* * * *

colds have hit the household, but have spared me (so far ?!). I'll knock on wood that I'll stay healthy

I have taken the fabrics out of the eucalyptus dye bath yesterday evening & they were put to dry all night. Can't wait to show you the result ! :)

have a wonderful week ahead, friends ... visitors ... whoever you are & good luck for the giveaway !

oxox

Sonia

Comments

  1. looking forward to seeing your latest dye results,you were certainly patient with it :O)

    hope you can continue to avoid catching a cold! Have a lovely week ahead xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love reading your blog, I think I came across it about 6 months ago. How did you come to live in the South of France and do you enjoy living there? (I know, that is two questions!)
    I am in Australia, I craft when I can, mostly sewing clothing for my chilrem, homewares, a little bit of quilting and I also love crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aack! Springy colours are fabulous too! That green especially :o) You know all my info already! Hmmm... another question. What did you want to be when you grew up? Something you were interested in high school? I thought I wanted to be a translator because I had fun learning many languages... But Art won over :o) Hugs, L xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! so, I'm writing from Barcelona, Spain. It's one year or so that I'm doing patchwork, but I have been crocheting since I was a girl. And my question is... have you been living in another country than France? Have a great day!! and thanks for these giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and generous way to celebrate your blog anniversary. I'm writing from Perugia in Italy. I love cross-stitch, knitting, drawing, photography, cooking, home decorating and making things in general. I'm a teacher and I love making things with my kids at school. My question for you is... where is your favourite city or place?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy giveaway week! I hope I get lucky in your giveaway this time! ;)

    My question is..what do you love more, baking or crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!
    I´m from Portugal and love to craft and paint.
    Like to paint boxes and i'm begining in oil painting now.
    Love fabrics, buttons, laces, ribbons and vintage stuff.
    I'd love to know if you like to travel and what destiny you'll choose...
    Thanks for the lovely giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a very nice and informative post. thanks for sharing with us...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yay ~what pretty prizes!
    If I win you can contact me at my blog :)
    Ok, here's a question...
    What's your favorite thing to make?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sonia!
    Congratulations on your Blog anniversary! I enjoy so much reading your blog!
    I live in Greece and my main craft is jewelry making, but I enjoy all kinds of crafts!
    A question for you....let me think... How do you manage to balance your crafting, blogging, parenting etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello ! Bonjour ! I'm from Belgium ! I am a crafty girl ! Scrapbooking, Mixed Media, Sewing, Paiting,.... As you have two boys, would you love to have a girl or two kids are engouh ??! Sandrine ladidine1974@yahoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 2nd Blog Birthday, Sonia! Your blog and Flickr photos and Etsy shop are very inspiring, and the openness and friendship that you offer to the world through them is a ray of sunshine in blogland! Hope you have many more anniversaries to celebrate!

    In my recent cleaning spree I finally found the lace I ordered from you last year! It was tucked into a high corner to keep it away from curious hands, but unfortunately I had hidden it away too well from myself. It was a joy to find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I am in Michigan in the US. I do just about all crafts, but especially love sewing and embroidery. My question for you is, what do you do in your down time when you aren't crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lace is so cute I have to enter too.
    I live in Northern NY.
    I've made a few projects but I wouldn't say I craft.
    I just started following you so I'm not sure if this is a good question but: What is your favorite room in your house and what makes it your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a diverse and worldly group of readers you have here! I love this comment thread - great little mini conversations just waiting to happen!

    Okay, I have lived all over the United States but currently live in Boston and though it's treating me well (even gave me a fiance and a little baby boy sweetie) my heart still longs to go west... I most definitely a crafty one. I am an illustrator by education and a product designer by paycheck but am a tinkerer by heart and always have some new handmade creation I just can't wait to start. My poor soon-to-be-hubby endures many 'crafting piles' of projects in progress!
    And a good question for you... I'd like to know your most recent favorite discovery - could be a nature treasure, a new dye or the fact that your grandma used to be a Rochette (disclaimer: I don't know that for a fact...)

    amanda.rose.walker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Congrats!

    I do craft - you can find my stuff if you search for Ulixis Crafts. I dabble in just about everything!

    Question: I've always wondered where else in the world you've lived & how you ended up in France. And how France compares to other places you've lived... but that was more than one question. :)

    Amanda from Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hola Sonia,
    Wonderful giveaway!!
    I live in Houston USA, but I am originally from Mexico, I love to craft!! I do a little bit of everything since I tend to get bored of doing just one thing, right now I have a pail of unfinished quilting projects and a bag I am making with candy wraps.
    I think dessert is the best part of a meal so my question for you is what is our favorite dessert? my favorite is "flan", it is like a Mexican Creme Brulee...

    Happy Spring
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I am from Mexico but right now I live in Jacksonville (nothing illegal, don't worry).
    I would love to win something!... any how... my question is: Why do you think you craft? When did you fall in love with doing crafty things?

    escuishi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, I will be here all week. I will try, as I have two samll ones, the net can be hard. I must tell you, I NEED to win this one. i am sure your other days are loveley, but I am smitten with that lace. Its my newest addiction. he he

    I am from Vancouver, bc, canada. I make dolls, I love making dolls. I also have two little boys and one on the way.

    My question is : how many projects do you get done in a week?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Encore joyeux blogversaire !

    Merci pour toutes les merveilles que tu nous montres au fil des jours, chère Sonia, pour toute ta douceur de vivre, pour le 'beau' que tu saupoudres dans notre quotidien, pour ta présence si réconfortante, pour ton amitié, précieuse ... Je te souhaite toujours la même étincelle dans les yeux ... et à nous, des décennies à continuer à t'admirer !

    Et bien sûr, ma question : Où caches-tu ta potion magique 'gestion du temps' ? :D

    Gros bisous et vive toi, Sonia !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your anniversary, Sonia! I remember when we first met and you had Weekend in Paris. Looks like you have many interested people in your giveaway! I need to go back and see what it is. Rushing because both boys are supposed to be sleeping but Ryan is not... I can hear him and I'm getting worried because this is the 3rd day that he has not napped in the playpen and I'm thinking he may not be comfortable there anymore... (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. i think you definitely know the answer to all the me questions but here is one for you
    Who is your favorite actor and what is your favorite movie?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok, I repeat them ;)
    -------------------------

    Hi from Spain!! :D

    I'm a silent subscriber cause my english is terrible!! and Je ne parle pa france :(

    I have blog and Flickr but I have no Twitter :)

    I craft a litle bit :) I am a learner of embroidery, sewing, a little of everything hehehe

    I don't know what question I have to ask you!! :D sooo what is the color of your hair? :D See you tomorrow then, I have to left my name again is it? I have all my body cross :D

    meni (meninheira at gmail dot com)



    By the way, I love how it has colored eucalyptus, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just saw your blog today for the first time and imediatly has my attention for the nice pictures and good inspiration! I read your old posts and it's a very nice blog indeed!

    I would love to know what was the first handmade craft object that you remember making.

    COngrats and best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yey! Love this giveaway!!
    I'm Thalita from Brazil. And my question for you is: If you could visit any place on the Universe, which would this place be?

    kisses from sunny Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello again from Canada, I'm doing this backwards because I just entered day 2's giveaway and now I'm here for day 1.

    Should we repeat the same question for every post? You might be answering a lot of questions if that's the case! I guess I can make it a "sequel question"... I asked earlier where is the one lesser-known city in France you would recommend visiting, and my question now is what is the best thing to do/best site to visit in that lesser-known city?

    Thank you once again for being so generous!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just found out about your giveaways from the Sweet Tidings blog. Congrats on two years of blogging!
    Do you have a favorite cookie recipe to use with the cutters you are giving away?
    Thanks for the giveaways!
    ~Jenny~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello. I'm Shannon from the US (email: shangalonline@gmail.com). This is a very exciting event-- congratulations!

    Myself, I like to try my hands at all sorts of crafts -- home dec, sewing, quilting, crochet, knit, resin jewlery, stained glass... I try to blog about my adventures too at http://princesscraftsalot.blogspot.com/

    Which would you say was the best project you ever comepleted?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi,
    my name is Silvia, from Italy.
    Sorry for my English, i speak very little.
    I have blog (filiecolori.blogspot.com) but i don't have Flickr and Twitter
    I don't have a question in this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet Sonia! These colors are so amazing! (I really hope to get my hands on that yummy trim!)

    I do believe that you know all about me, Mollie from near Chicago (United States), who loves to make all kinds of things, especially embroidery.

    Here's my question for you: How many countries have you traveled to? (I've never left the States)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is Monique from Holland.
    At the moment I am embroidering a dog and cat. I want them to be a label on a new -don't know yet what- project. When I am in France I see a lot of crafty magazines for sale. But I never see shops where to buy creative stuff. Where o where do you buy fabrics/wool/yarns and things like that??

    ReplyDelete
  32. happy 2 birthday to your blog!
    i had just found you through sweet tidings blog
    so thanks for the giveaways!
    your blog is beautiful!!
    my name is carmel i live in israel and i love to sew!!
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy 2nd bday!
    My name is Grace from the US,
    my email address is: shou.milk@gmail.com

    I love sewing cute stuff and refashioning my clothes!

    here's my question:
    Why did you decide to have have your blog title written on a notebook (as in what inspired your title design on the top?)

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi - I am new here and love your blog. I am from Texas in the USA - Have you ever been to Texas?? You must if you have not.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just came across your blog and will still have to read more about you and the wonderful things you do. :0)
    I added you to my favorite list and will be back for sure!
    I'm original from Germany,lived 15 years in Canada and we are currently for another year in Florida, before moving back to Canada!

    I make Waldorf inspired dolls and toys and have more ideas for things to make then I will ever have time for :0)
    My question:What do you like most about living in France?
    Have a wonderful day!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  36. these are so fresh & spring like

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !