Montpellier's botanical garden, called Jardin des Plantes (literally "the Plants' Garden") is a lovely place in the heart of the town (closed every morning plus every Monday). It takes us hardly 10 mn by foot to reach it & is close to P's school.
We went there on Sunday afternoon, to enjoy the sun & to let us breath some fresh air & see lovely things. We were not disappointed. I've not really been raised in that vision of things (too bad for me, right ?) that Nature is beautiful & interesting no matter the season, no matter the stage in the cycle of life. Blooming is beautiful of course, growing too, budding is cute, and decaying can be pretty too. Of course, unless your parents are sensitive to this part, nobody teaches you this.
I'll make a point to teach my boys to look at things closer, to look at all the tiny little things people don't even notice. I'm happy to report that they both know sooooo much more than I knew myself at the same age.
I hope you enjoyed your little tour in the garden today. Be sure that I take the camera with me each time I go there ... I'll find beauty in everything. You can count on me.
Have a lovely second day of the month, friends. I hope you remembered to save your files & photos, like I do every end/start of the month. I know I'm repeating, but you know you'll thank you for that if you do it.
We went there on Sunday afternoon, to enjoy the sun & to let us breath some fresh air & see lovely things. We were not disappointed. I've not really been raised in that vision of things (too bad for me, right ?) that Nature is beautiful & interesting no matter the season, no matter the stage in the cycle of life. Blooming is beautiful of course, growing too, budding is cute, and decaying can be pretty too. Of course, unless your parents are sensitive to this part, nobody teaches you this.
I'll make a point to teach my boys to look at things closer, to look at all the tiny little things people don't even notice. I'm happy to report that they both know sooooo much more than I knew myself at the same age.
look at that lush moss ... don't you wish you were tiny enough
to go lay on it & let you sunbath for hours ...
can you feel the sun kissing your face ?
Nelumbo nucifera (lotus) head & leaf in the healf-frozen pond
Clematis tangutica (golden clematis) seeds
same plant, in the sun ... can you see the face & hair ?
moss + succulents : inspiring shades of green ...
Prunus dulcis (almond tree) ... the very first tree to bloom over here,
even way before winter is over
sincerely, what's not to love in that garden ?
I hope you enjoyed your little tour in the garden today. Be sure that I take the camera with me each time I go there ... I'll find beauty in everything. You can count on me.
Have a lovely second day of the month, friends. I hope you remembered to save your files & photos, like I do every end/start of the month. I know I'm repeating, but you know you'll thank you for that if you do it.
oxox
Sonia
you take the most beautiful photos of nature! I really enjoyed the garden tour. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos, Sonia! All of them! You are loving your new camera, aren't you? ;) Have a fab day! Hugs!!
ReplyDeletemagnifique ! je sens le soleil d'ici...
ReplyDeleteet ceds fleurs en janvier ... incroyable !
xo
You have blossoms! o, How wonderful to see. Thank you for this!
ReplyDeleteSo Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Sonia! What beautiful photos- you have such an eye for pattern, textures and detail. You are like several of my friends- Sadie, Wynne, Kia and others- who see magic everywhere and that makes for a great parent.
ReplyDeleteI'm bad at visitng lately, too, because I'm like a mom of two babies myself! I can relate to the lack of hours in the days! LOL! (((Hugz)))
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous walk! I felt like I had a little break from my winter blahs. Ahh, I'll be dreaming about that flowering almond tree tonight!
ReplyDelete