compulsive maker

Yesterday afternoon, while the sun was still shining (I'd say around 03.30pm), I felt the urge to start making something. I didn't know exactly what it was going to be, but the inspiration came the other as I was sorting all of my fabric scraps to give the ones I wouldn't use to P's teacher. Several scraps juxtaposed & I thought hey ! they're looking good together !!"
Moments of brilliance hardly happen to me, I have to add ...
So, I think I must have kept this idea in a corner of my mind, and yesterday it suddenly hit me.

why I love this

A garland !! It will be a garland ! Yay !
So I started by cutting a pattern for the buntings, picked the said fabrics, as well as the felt & the crochet lace.

may it be the 1st of a long series

And as I was cutting them, I thought that a little embroidery wouldn't hurt ! Little bird tracks appeared on a triangle.

follow the tracks, blue garland

Then on another one. And another one ... and on a last one, appeared this morning, a feather.

follow the tracks, blue garland

I had a hard time taking correct photos as the weather today was so dark, thank goodness for my ol' trusty Paint Shop Pro for adding a little sunshine where there wasn't !!

follow the tracks, blue garland
follow the tracks, blue garland

Since I've finished it, I've been having so many ideas for these .... so I hope it'll be the first of a long series .... It's been very enjoyable to work on this, and couldn't stop thinking about it & wanted to have it done before the end of the day (which was the case, as it was finished before noon) ... hence the title of the post, which kind of sums up my crafty caracter anyway ... compulsive maker. Either I'm not doing a single thing, or I can't put my project down until it's over.

PS : I don't think I'm the only one, though ...

PS 2 : um, the garland is in the Shop ...

Comments

  1. Oh, Sonia! This is so wonderful! The little bits of embroidery are perfection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the most beautiful garland and it is so uniquely you sonia.
    Perhaps that is why I love it so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia! The colors and patterns remind me of a beautiful custom patchwork quilt I had many years ago. I'm always a fan of those blues. Yes, I did things when I was in my 20's like hiking to the top of big waterfalls when 6 months pregnant. At that age, you think you are invincible. Now I look back and think I was foolish! ;) Enjoy your Friday and weekend! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful bunting....love the colours

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !