You may remember that I said in my last post that we planned to go fossil hunting yesterday. That's what we did. We were there by the middle of the morning, it was supposed to be a cloudy/sunny day but not rainy. Dang, it started to drizzle. We went out of the car, thinking it would weaken with time. Um, nope. We persisted & stayed there until it was really REALLY too much. I was soaked, even my, um, bottom. (nice feeling, yeah) So we went back to the car, thinking we'd leave & go to my inlaws' instead. At that moment, rain stopped, birds started singing again, it wouldn't rain anymore. Hubby & I looked at each other, he was thinking that, soaked like I was (we were all wet, but I had been looking for fossil under the rain & all the water had gone down to my trousers) I would prefer to go home. No, I prefered to stay there. So we went back to where we usually "camp" & spend the whole day (well until 4pm) there. The sun went out, and sometimes it was even warm.
I looked for fossils, and found quite a bit, as well as the boys & hubby. My only tool : a repurposed yoghurt glass jar.We picked pine needles, and juniper oxycedrus cones, with dyeing plans in mind.I had brought my watercolor essentials, but that rain had totally destroyed my plans. But as soon as the sun came out, my Moleskine watercolor pad (not sure it's the correct name for it, but nevermind) called my name & I took advantage of the boys' playing in the marl for painting a little bit. Buxus sempervirens (boxwood) & pinus pinea (parasol pine) were the ones that inspired me yesterday.Being able to paint, surrounded by nature itself, with models right in front my eyes, was a thrilling experience. I hope this will happen again soon !In other news, one of my sets of strawberries were on the Etsy frontpage yesterday night (right before I went to bed, thank goodness I caught it - thanks Kayanna for letting me know !)
I know that for some of you (to whom it happens regularly), it's not worth showing, but it only happened but twice (counting this one) so it always is extra special to me. (so I thought I'd share the excitement)
Speaking of shop, I just added this morning a new garland. This one is not embroidered, I thought it didn't feel right to embroider it, so I simply left it as is. (therefore it's a bit cheaper too)OK, I'm sorry it won't be today that I'll share the muffin recipe ... I wonder if it will ever happen ...
We'll spend tomorrow & most Saturday at my parents'. I'll be back on Saturday late afternoon but anyway my parents have the internet so I'll try to visit from there.
P's stich has been removed this morning. Went to the doctor's this morning with boys the boys (hubby at work). Doctor usually arrives at 10 (he first does home visits, 8-10). We arrived at 9am & one person was already there. That person stayed 30mn when it was his turn. So we stayed there 1h30 for spending hardly 15mn.
On Sunday evening hubby will take the train + shuttle + plane + shuttle to go to Corsica, AGAIN. He'll be back next Saturday only, it will be so long without him. My MIL will come on Sunday, my mom will take her place on Wednesday. One BUSY week ahead, I tell you, people !
OK, now, you all have a great end of the week. You stay safe, warm, happy & crafty ! :D
I looked for fossils, and found quite a bit, as well as the boys & hubby. My only tool : a repurposed yoghurt glass jar.We picked pine needles, and juniper oxycedrus cones, with dyeing plans in mind.I had brought my watercolor essentials, but that rain had totally destroyed my plans. But as soon as the sun came out, my Moleskine watercolor pad (not sure it's the correct name for it, but nevermind) called my name & I took advantage of the boys' playing in the marl for painting a little bit. Buxus sempervirens (boxwood) & pinus pinea (parasol pine) were the ones that inspired me yesterday.Being able to paint, surrounded by nature itself, with models right in front my eyes, was a thrilling experience. I hope this will happen again soon !In other news, one of my sets of strawberries were on the Etsy frontpage yesterday night (right before I went to bed, thank goodness I caught it - thanks Kayanna for letting me know !)
I know that for some of you (to whom it happens regularly), it's not worth showing, but it only happened but twice (counting this one) so it always is extra special to me. (so I thought I'd share the excitement)Speaking of shop, I just added this morning a new garland. This one is not embroidered, I thought it didn't feel right to embroider it, so I simply left it as is. (therefore it's a bit cheaper too)OK, I'm sorry it won't be today that I'll share the muffin recipe ... I wonder if it will ever happen ...
We'll spend tomorrow & most Saturday at my parents'. I'll be back on Saturday late afternoon but anyway my parents have the internet so I'll try to visit from there.
P's stich has been removed this morning. Went to the doctor's this morning with boys the boys (hubby at work). Doctor usually arrives at 10 (he first does home visits, 8-10). We arrived at 9am & one person was already there. That person stayed 30mn when it was his turn. So we stayed there 1h30 for spending hardly 15mn.
On Sunday evening hubby will take the train + shuttle + plane + shuttle to go to Corsica, AGAIN. He'll be back next Saturday only, it will be so long without him. My MIL will come on Sunday, my mom will take her place on Wednesday. One BUSY week ahead, I tell you, people !
OK, now, you all have a great end of the week. You stay safe, warm, happy & crafty ! :D
you are a sunny natured person Sonia, to want to stay even when soaked through,and still find lots to be joyous about! :o) Love your painting.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got a screen print of the Etsy page. When I read your tweet I was too late and it had already been changed. I can absolutely imagine how thrilled you must have been! Loving your garlands,and I really like your latest one.
I'm glad the dr's app is behind you now, and P has had the stitch out. I always moan to myself for waiting room times here, but I can honestly say the longest I've ever had to wait was around 25 minutes,which isn't too bad at all really. An hour and a half with a tiny person isn't nice at all.
Well, I must go. Gorgeous Girl and I have been outside this afternoon, enjoying the gap in the rain! xxxx
une histoire drôle et très imagée...Mais qui m a semblé tellement amusante. :) l'endroit où tu vis m'apparait merveilleux. Ce matin, je devais me rendre au boulot dans la tempête. il neige depuis 3 jours, le printemps me manque.
ReplyDeleteTes dessins à l'aquarelle ( watercolor ? ) sont tellement jolis! J'aimerais tellement possédé ce talent. Ma fille Genevieve(missghome.blogspot.com)
qui étudie à Bruxelles vavenir passer les vacances de Pâques.Ma petite artiste pourra me montrer quelques trucs :)Je visite souvent ton bloget ton etsy. Tu crées de si jolies choses.
J'ai écri ce message en français, pensant que tu étais française ? j'espère bien que je ne me suis pas trompée et que tu comprendras mon petit mot :)
J'espère que tout c est bien passé pour P.
bonne après-midi
monique
Looks like you had another good day fosile hunting. Loved your water colours. Perhaps I should try that too nect time I'm outdoors.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week end!
tu as vu le super compliment de Monique ?! moi aussi la première foisque j'ai visité ton blog je me suis demandé la même chose ;)
ReplyDeletefélicitations pour les fraises !
parce que tu le vaux bien :D
sinon voilà, moi la corse je ne suis pas retournée depuis mon mariage, alors bon... proposes à ton mari on en sait jamais : il reste à la maison et je pars à sa place ? :P
bon weekend chez tes parents xo
i think i just got a little tired just listening to how busy you will be.
ReplyDeleteI love your in nature paintings.
Such a wonderful activity.
Wishing you all the best as you end your week and start your weekend.