re

smile


Rejoice
Life is too short for taking it too seriously ! Smile, laugh, giggle ! You'll feel better, your body & your soul will feel better ! Make sure you don't live a single day without smiling, laughing, giggling.

Refill
I have refilled things like the flour jar, the bicarbonate of soda jar ... it looks nicer & it also feels nice.

Reorganize
I emptied one of the three closets (our only places for storing things, we don't have a garage, attic or spare room) in the hall, and re-organized one totally. It had become a mess, even only 6 months after moving in.
And there are still many places here and there, in our appartment, that need to be re-organized !

Rosehip star/flower


Record
I saved all my photos & files from December on the external hard drive (knowing I shall do that on a CD or DVD in addition) After two computer crashes, it really became a reflex on the very first day(s) of each month to save the previous month's data, and I thank myself every time for that.

Reuse
While taking too small clothes of the boys out of the closet, I have decided to give some of them and to reuse some of them, to make a cushion cover, or a soft puppet for instance.
I also want to make myself headbands, reusing salvaged fabrics I have on hand. If anyone knows a great tutorial for making them, btw, I'd be thankful !


Recapitulate
Like the way I did when making the mosaics with the photos of the things I handmade in 2009, it's nice & rewarding to look back & see what you managed to make, don't you think ?

smile on her face, smile on my face


Reflect
For sure the first month of each year is one of the best moments for pondering about what you've been good or bad at, the previous year. In which domain you really need to work on. As far as I'm concerned, I think that health will be one of my most important focus these six next months.

Recover | Recuperate | Refresh
It's time for me to dust the shelves, to dust my brain & get brand new ideas. Get creative again ! These holidays felt like a "medium" break (I'll call it like this), of course I didn't sew or embroider, or craft at all, which appears like a real break, but parents hardly get any real breaks anyway, I just might get used to this idea right now, right ?
We went out of the loop of our regular (read = school week) rhythm, during the holidays. I went to bed around 1am all nights, and now I feel it just didn't feel right. I need to go to bed earlier & wake up in the morning earlier .... which leads me to the fact that I need more ...


Rest
Good sleep is necessary for being healthy & feeling great. P & U have always been bad sleepers, and although P now sleeps good, U still has nightmares & I suspect him to sleepwalk too. Which breaks our night every other night or so.

Fennel


Reinforce
In that state of mind, we're going to grown even more sprouted seeds (I'll have to share things with you soon), they're so good for reinforcing oneself. I might get some propolis or echinacea to add a little bonus.

Relax
Aaaah the big word ! I don't know what it is to relax. Not that I'm 100% of the time hyperdynamic, no no no. But I'm hardly doing nothing at all. I'm trying to get better at that, but I need to work on it.

Reduce
We can reduce lots of things. The amount of things we buy, the food we eat (raising my hand here, I need to reduce my food intake, specially for dinner, not that I eat like an oger, but I'm a sweet tooth & it will loose me, that's for sure). I shall also reduce my time at the computer (er, well, just a little bit, OK ?). Reduce our waste, of course. Reduce the clutter that gather ever so quickly. Less is more.

Gathered in a big bowl


Recollect
The photo above shows you the delightful treasures I was able to pick on Dec 30th 09, on a beach I had never been, and to which I hope to pay another visit real soon ! Aren't they all so beautiful ! And when wet on the beach, they were even different & even more powerful !
I have a couple of collections, stones, fossils, shells, mother-of-pearls, snail shells and I have even started a collection of skeleton leaves, last autumn. I occasionally share pieces of my collections with friends, and I'm very happy to share these treasures from Nature with them. Who am I to keep them all for myself ?


Recharge
I hope you've been able to recharge your batteries this last couple of weeks. And if you haven't, I hope you'll be able to recharge them this month.

Restock
I really need (and want to !!) to make new things for the shop ! I've been having WIPs on my table for too long, there are so many things I'd like to make this year ! I'd love to make a tower with pincushions, like I did last year in May !

Tower


Here are other words to think about :
respect | rethink | repurpose | remember | reconsider | read

... and some that aren't inspirational at all :
regress | regret | reject | revenge

Tomorrow is the last day of the boys' Christmas break.
Time to go back to good ol' habits.
We'll stay home all day & will enjoy doing lots of indoor fun : reading, playing, watching DVDs, listening to music, dancing, drawing, creating ... but well of course there will be a bit of cleaning, tidying, organizing ... no time to get bored, ah !
Have a cozy Sunday, my friends ! You can consider I'm fully back, yay !

take care
oxox hugs

Sonia

Comments

  1. And I'm so glad you're fully back, but am so pleased you allowed yourself as much as a break as we parents can have ...this parenting is a tough gig, isn't it?

    I have been wanting to email you for ages . . ever since my daughter opened her lovely lovely LOVELY cuff made by you. It is so exquisite and delicate and beautiful. I think that it's easily my favourite gift of hers. Thanks so much! (And secretly, pleased ever so much that I have rather tiny wrists as it fits my three year old AND just fits me . .I may have to borrow it.

    I'd like to write a little post about it but haven't managed to photograph it just yet - would you be ok with this? and if you are, did you manage to snap a pic of it before you mailed it out?

    Happy New Year!

    - Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this lovely message. What a beautiful post jam-packed with inspiration and sublime photos - your stack of pin cushions is gorgeous.
    And BTW, I have an extra simple headband tutorial if you like the elastic kind, takes about 10 mins to make, good for a busy mama like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing post! Now I feel re-charged! Thank you Sonia! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in need of a RE today! Happy New Year Sonia! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !