Sorry girls for disappearing for a couple of days, it was not intentional, time simply slipt through my hands !
Hubby & I attended a concert yesterday evening, only him & I, a date. My mom took care of the boys, and anyway it was just 5 mn by foot from home. We listened to Rachmnaninov & Rimski-Korsakov (Sheherazade). It was awesome. Even a glass of champagne during the entr'acte. Delicious.
And this evening, we went to the Opéra Comédie (Montpellier's opera house, built a third time in 1888 after two fires) to listen to Camille Saint-Saens' The Carnival of the Animals. Hubby & I had never entered this beautiful building before. How wrong we had been ! Look by yourself :
After that we went to buy the boys their very first watch, which they paid with their money (given by grandma), and of which they are very proud ! :) Then we went to our very favorite restaurant, the only I would advice if you visit our town one day : Sicilia.
I call that a very lovely end of the week, despite the very runny or stuffed noses & coughs, going rounds & rounds in the household. Yuck.
OK, lovelies. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow will be spent at my inlaws', where my MIL is recovering from H1N1. We'll take good care of her.
Sending you all much love.
oxox
Sonia
Hubby & I attended a concert yesterday evening, only him & I, a date. My mom took care of the boys, and anyway it was just 5 mn by foot from home. We listened to Rachmnaninov & Rimski-Korsakov (Sheherazade). It was awesome. Even a glass of champagne during the entr'acte. Delicious.
And this evening, we went to the Opéra Comédie (Montpellier's opera house, built a third time in 1888 after two fires) to listen to Camille Saint-Saens' The Carnival of the Animals. Hubby & I had never entered this beautiful building before. How wrong we had been ! Look by yourself :
After that we went to buy the boys their very first watch, which they paid with their money (given by grandma), and of which they are very proud ! :) Then we went to our very favorite restaurant, the only I would advice if you visit our town one day : Sicilia.
I call that a very lovely end of the week, despite the very runny or stuffed noses & coughs, going rounds & rounds in the household. Yuck.
OK, lovelies. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow will be spent at my inlaws', where my MIL is recovering from H1N1. We'll take good care of her.
Sending you all much love.
oxox
Sonia
oh gosh. I love theatres. The colour, the smells, the chandeliers! Gorgeous. Did the boys enjoy it too?
ReplyDeleteI know you've had a long and trying week Sonia, but my goodness, what a glorious end to it! :o)
xxx
Wow, what a magnificent building! How wonderful to share all that with the boys. And what a romantic evening with C!
ReplyDeleteHope MIL is recovering ok from that horrible bug.
Hugs xx
i hope your MIL enjoys your visit.
ReplyDeleteso late in the season to have contracted H1N1
I am hoping we don't get the expected third wave in the spring.