{ Mendiants }


Activity Advent Calendar 2009, Day 7 : Making mendiants

Something easy, something yummy, something quick & something that can be gluten free if you use gluten free chocolate -because yes, that exist, and I buy some from time to time & it tastes good-.

We made 25 mendiants (what we call mendiants, even I'm not sure it's their correct name), each being around 4 cm accross. This is what we used :

- 100g organic, dark chocolate (for baking)
- 30 g organic butter (unsalted)
- organic nuts of all sorts (unsalted) : pine nuts, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts
- a bit of organic blonde sugar


I broke the chocolate into pieces, put it in a microwave safe bowl, added the butter. Microwaved three times x 30 seconds, mixing with a spoon between each time.

On a tray or a big plate, I laid a length of parchment paper (the baking kind), and with a teaspoon, poured a bit of melted chocolate, making rounds to make a small circle.

Then the boys sprinkled nuts on each of them, then sprinkled sugar too. (I wanted to try, this year, I will tell you if it adds something or not)


Ta da, that's finished. We made these after lunch, and we let them dry all afternoon, in the coldest room of the appartment. No fridge please !!


You could easily add pistachios or any of your favorite nuts, and you can also add tiny pieces of candied fruits or candied ginger ... really, it can be adapted with almost anything you have at home.

Of course you have to make them a bit ahead, you can't eat them right away after making them, as they need to dry !! That's a very easy activity for little ones, and they will love eating them too ! (PS : can't wait to try them tongith for dinner !!)

* * *


{ S H O P } news ....

You may be interested to know that I'm having a special offer for this holiday season : Free Shipping, on all orders, worldwide, from today, Dec 07th until Dec 24th. The shop can be found HERE ...

OK, I hope to make a massive visit to the Post Office tomorrow. So better stop now & finish to write my Christmas cards, & add final touches to parcels.

Btw, U is doing a bit better, he was far less feverish today, thank goodness. But the antibio' & anti-inflam' do really upset his tummy, poor little one. (even with yoghurts)

And, oh, one last thing before leaving, I updated { Naturally Dyeing } blog yesterday !

Now you all take care, OK ?! oxoxo much love your way !

Comments

  1. This look so yummy!!! And I agree a perfect easy activity for the small ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious. They remind me of florentines but they often have candied or dried fruits in them as well. No matter what they are called they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and veeery inviting! :)
    Have sweet dreams, sweetie! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Now there's an advent activity that I would love to participate in! Such fun for the boys all the time! Sent my "out of US" cards on Friday so hope they arrive soon! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the recipe! It looks so delish I hope to try it this valentines. I love the new look of your blog-so crisp and clean like winter snow.

    Have my fab day. Glad your little one is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too scrummy for words! Hope your little one is better now.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !