
Little by little, we're getting close to Christmas, aren't we ?
Today, like everyday, hours simply faded away ... though I'm happy to report that I finished my first scarflette, but can't show it here as it's for my mom or MIL, and that my mom does look at my diary (she can't read English so she doesn't understand a word of what I'm writing, but she enjoys the photos ... so ... you understand why I can't show it here) Right after Christmas I'll show you the handmade gifts I've made, I promise. Three cowls/scarflettes to go now ... ugh ! LOL
The salt dough ornaments are dry now, and I'll leave them as is. I love them like that, they look more natural, more organic. I used different red ribbons to hang them. Some will be hung in the tree, others in different places at home, and others will be gifted to teachers & grandparents.

Activity Advent Calendar 2009, Day 15: Making (personalized) stationnery.
Well, first thing, we did start making the activity a bit too late, and they were tired. Second thing, I wanted them to use oil pastels that we have, and boy, it's a bit messy (and even more if you're tired & not very careful). So instead of "personalized" stationery, we went for "decorating a (double) card & its matching (recycled paper) envelope". Try to tell them that they shall draw something simple & not too much detailed because with oil pastels it's not that easy ...... Anyway ... here are their cards. P's (soon 7 1/2) card first, then U's (soon 5 1/2) card in the making.


Tomorrow's activity has changed because even though it's cold (we've reached the freezing point now), it won't be raining, while next Sunday's (20th) activity was going to be an outdoor activity but we're not sure about the weather that day, so we've decided to adapt & change the activity. (treasure hunt in the Botanical Garden, tomorrow instead of Sunday) Should be fun ! (hubby prepared it all, he's great at that, I'm simply rubbish LOL)
OK, I'm a night blogger these days, sorry about that. Must go to bed. Right. Now.
See you tomorrow, girls ! oxoxo take care & stay warm
PS : see yesterday's post for the link to Christy's giveaway. And there's still Free Shipping at my shop, until Dec 24th.
i have really enjoyed following all your advent activities and will be a little sad when they are done.
ReplyDeletegosh, I haven't seen that Make a Flake game for years! Would you send me the link so I can play it with Humbug? thank you!
ReplyDeleteUnderstand totally why you can't show piccies of somethings. I wanted to show the Airfix Shaun the Sheep kit I bought for my eldest nephew, but I know my sister sometimes visits so I didn't dare in case he was sitting beside her!
Yes, I punched the tins myself. Very, very easy to do. Actually, while I was doing it I thought 'Sonia would like this idea'! You freeze water in the tin first, so when you punch holes with hammer and nail it doesn't fold the metal. Very simple to do.
Thank you for all the flickr comments! I love it when I find comments there! Yes, busy yesterday doing all the wrapping, but was oh so happy with the end result. Bill has even asked me to wrap the MIL's pressies in the same way, which is very unusual. He usually wraps his side of the family himself, using bright and cheery paper. I take it as a huge compliment!
Freezing here right now. Apparently we should get snow at the weekend. Not sure if it's meant to be light or heavy, but either way it's exciting!
Must scoot. Hope you have a lovely week, continuing to enjoy your festive homemaking, and stay warm! Hope the boys are both well now. xxxx
Oh why haven't I ever thought of making salt dough Christmas ornaments! Yours looks so simple and lovely in white with the red ribbon. Do you make new ones every year or do they stay ok in storage? Have you got a good 'recipe' to share with us? :) It has been a long time since I made them, I should definitely try again sometime.
ReplyDeleteIt has been so much fun following your Advent Calendar Activity on Flickr, but I missed reading your blog, so here I am catching up a bit. Your dough ornaments came out so pretty! Well done Sonia & boys! Big hugs!!
ReplyDeletebuy ugg boots
ReplyDeleteugg boots
ugg boots online
ugg on sale
ugg boots on sale
Mini Ugg Boots
Bailey Button UGG
Cardy Ugg Boots
Infant Erin Ugg
Nightfall Ugg Boots
Short Metallic Ugg
Short Ugg Boots
Sundance II Ugg
Tall Metallic Ugg
Tall Ugg Boots
Ugg Amelie Suede Sandals
UGG Fluff Flip Flop
Ugg Tasmina Braid Sandals
Ugg Tasmina Sandals
Ultra Short Ugg
Ultra Tall Ugg
wholesale watches
replica watches
cheap watches
Rolex Watches
Omega Watches
Tissot Watches
Panerai Watches
Piaget-Watches
Zenith Watches
Baume Mercier Watches
Bvlgari Watches
Concord Watches