{ Aunt }

Yep, I'm now the aunt to a lovely girl, the first child of my hubby's little brother (my age, 31) !! She was born yesterday at 11.30pm, via a C-section as there wasn't enough amniotic fluid anymore. I'm keeping her name & photo away from the blog, so that'll be all I'll be sharing about her, I'm sure you understand.

In other news ... well, nothing much at all. After the hard rain last week, and the winds earlier this week, the temps have gone down down down ... and it's been two days we've been wearing layers, outdoors AND indoors. We also bought new comfy & cozy slippers for everyone. And we've started drinking herbal tea in the afternoon, to keep us warm. (3 mugs because my MIL is still here)


What else could I tell you today ? Ah, yes, that I was happy to read that I'm not the only one who never gets inspired at the right moment ! LOL thanks for reassuring me, my friends !! No sewing or embroidering for me today, the day went by in a flash. Morning was spent doing housework, and going to the clinic to meet my niece, and the afternoon just slipped between my fingers.

I had the time to make a very little installation for a small photoshoot, of the stones & nature bits & bobs I had collected during our hike last Saturday. I collected them mostly for their shape, but not only.


This one was heart shaped.


This one is drop shaped, flat & lightweight. I may paint it. See what I mean ?


I have decided not to use the berries I showed you on Monday, mostly because they're not as fresh anymore. Another reason is that I still don't know where to start. Some people mordant, some other don't, some people make the dyeing part of the plant boil, and some people prefer not. I'm planning to dye small piece of fabric, so I don't know what is best for me. Oh well. I think I'll get started when I'll know what to do exactly. (any help or advices from readers who have already dyed with plants, berries, flowers or lichens would be greatly appreciated)

In the meantime, I have identified a plant that resides in the Botanical Garden (and that don't have a name/description tag). And one of the numerous names of this plant is ... inkberry ! And was used to dye the bad quality wines LOL.


It is quite an amazing plant to see ... you can read more about it {here}.

OK, it's a late post today, I'm sorry. Hope to do better next time.
I hope you're all doing great ! Much love oxoxo

Comments

  1. Being an aunt is a wonderful thing. I love my nieces and nephews so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations sweetie! To you and your beautiful ever growing family!!! Lots of love to all!
    Love your beautiful photos of your tea set!
    My set is a patch work of beautiful tea cups too! Your stones are amazing...if you paint that one it looks like rain. I also love the heart one!♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation as an aunt!
    I really love your tea set! Wonderful colors. Romantic.
    I wish you a nice weekend.
    Hugs from Bente in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Congratulations Auntie!!!! :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations as well! i hope you have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !