{ Blugh }

That's how I've been feeling these days, and being busy like never didn't help me keeping this diary updated. Sorry for my absence, I suppose that once the boys will be back in school, it will get better. (yeah, right, who I am kidding here ?)
I'm happy you enjoyed the Yellow Etsy finds, I'll try to do that with many other colors. That was much fun & I hope it helped you discover new artists and craftswomen.

Last week was kind of crazy. Monday was full of houseworks and such. On Tuesday the furniture we'd been waiting for a month was delivered. (read = the boys' desk & chairs, and my creative space) On Wednesday Chris & I rented a van to move maaaaany books & looots of dinnerware that had stayed at my parents' these last two years (by lack of room in Chessy), we moved them back to our appartment & put them in their respective places (after washing ALL the dinnerware). That was so hard physically, that day, specially that it was very hot in here. On Thursday/Friday & Saturday morning we were at my inlaws'. This noon was spent with one of Chris' friend & his girlfriend. (restaurant and all).
When am I suppose to do something else but housework ? I managed to do a little watercolor at my inlaws', and I think I should be happy & satisfied by that. Maybe I think that's not enough. (here's a close up)You can see it in its entirety on Flickr.
I'm sorry I'm not very funny today, I'm not in that kind of mood at all these last days. :( My heart is so heavy.
I hope this photo (of a bettle I found in flowers at my inlaws') will put a smile on your face, at least ...
xoxoxo

Comments

  1. Wouldn't it be lovely if the things that MUST be done would fade away? Then you could just do the things that call out to you...painting, sewing, playing with children, enjoying life...

    Feel better, dear. All will be well soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To heck with housework!! My motto is that the children will not remember how clean or dirty the house was when they were young but how they spent quality time with their parents doing fun creative things or exploring the world around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything brightens up in your world soon! Have a happy new week my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that this poem will make you feel better.... it is one of my favorites...:
    Babies Don’t Keep
    By Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

    Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow...
    For babies grow up,
    we've learned to
    our sorrow...
    So quiet down cobwebs...
    dust go to sleep...
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!!

    Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
    Sew on a button and butter the bread.
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

    Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
    Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
    Lullabye, rockaby, lullabye loo.
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo,
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo,
    Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

    I know that your boys are a bit old to rock... but I love this poem... it touches my
    heart.
    I hope that you feel better soon... I often
    feel the same... very busy and no time to get
    any real work done. Having kids is like that.
    My heart and thoughts are with you.
    Now for a somg my kids love... it is not
    a song to really learn by... but it gets stuck in my head. It is funny.. at least I
    think so... When I am cleaning or doing the
    dishes I catch myself humming or singing it.
    enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Kgj6EiZtw
    Loads of love11
    Rane

    ReplyDelete
  5. (by the way I love your water color..!!!
    mushrooms...snails, spiderwebs..every inch of it is beautiful1 and I love the browns!!)
    And your buggie did make me smile! It is
    amazing the detail he had for such a little guy.
    Thank you for sharing with all of us!
    The boys really loved your green buggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are quite hard on yourself Sonia. In all honesty I think it's perfectly natural to be feeling a bit 'bleugh', considering how much upheaval and physical work you've had to do recently. I know exactly what you mean about housework, it's all very well to think 'it can wait' but in the long run it can't. Yes, dust can build up, floors can wait to be vacuumed, but the basics needed each day like cooking, clearing up, laundry, trying to keep some kind of order simply can't. It HAS to be at some point, and it's usually the Mum who has to be the one to do it. Add that on top of everything else and it's draining. And it's hard to fee you are on top of everything. Very hot weather doesn't help either. :o( I hope this mood will pass quickly for you.

    I love the poem that Rane has shared. It's one of my favourites and I agree with the sentiments. Sometimes I just stop what I'm doing and go and sit and snuggle with Little One. Precious times.

    Have a lovely Sunday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I hope you felle better soon- demenager ce n'est pas du tout facile et je souffre un peu de melancholie en ce moment aussi...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sonia, you sound so tired. I know what you mean by being so busy busy but not really getting things done (the way we like). But yes, when the children are back to school and your guys fall into that routine, things should settle for you. Take good care, ive missed you XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sonia, as mamas we all know this feeling. You've been through a big, tiring, hot and busy move. It's hard to relax when chores of daily life aren't done but as the wise women here have said, just do relax. Enjoy your children, soon they'll be back in school and you'll have breathing space but don't miss their closeness now. The older mine get, the more I have to remind myself of this. If you could see the state of our house (I should send you pictures!) you would feel better. My motto is these days to just go out. If I feel rubbish about dishes piled up, laundry not put away, and stuff everywhere, I just take the children out somewhere, anywhere. You need a break and time to rejuvenate, time to breath. Give yourself time, relax with cups of tea, browse all your beautiful books, make Playmobil cities or just be. I hope the week ahead brings mild weather and lots of fun. Love and smiles to you! J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. désolée... de te sentir fatiguée ET de le lire à retardement, car du coup je me sens nouille de ne pas m'être connectée plus souvent la semaine dernière pour te faire un petit coucou... mais moi non plus : c'était une semaine "sans". on a toutes des passages à vide, il faut accepter que cela fasse partie de la vie. j'espère quelement que ça va ller mieux, que ça va déjà mieux... repose-toi autant que tu peux (pas de contrainte sur le net...etc...) le sommeil par exemple peut faire beaucoup...
    big hugs !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !