Our two days at my inlaws' were nice & I managed to fit some time for this new (modestly made I must add) "hobby" (don't like that word) of mine, watercolors.
Four leaved clover (my FIL found several of them in Brissac the other day), fern & lavender were my subjects.Speaking of lavender, my FIL picked some for me, and I had a little helper (my 7 y-o son P) for sorting it out. (removing the flowers from the stems, in order to make them dry)
While sorting the lavender we had little visitors, in the name of Anomala. (if I identified them correctly)
They looked like pure jewels ! Stripey, very shiny, green, amazing, totally amazing !Yesterday my MIL came home in Montpellier with us, and slept here last night, allowing Chris & I to go to the cinema (wow, it'd been quite a while, I can tell you girls !), to go watch Woody Allen's last film, "Whatever Works". We loved it, we love almost all of his films.
My FIL is comeing in an hour to bring her back, as my three men & I will be going to the opera tonight to listen to Luxembourg Philarmonic Orchestra, which will be playing Claude Debussy & George Gershwin. (Rhapsody in Blue, 1924) We're going to have a ball, and I hope the boys will stay quiet & will enjoy it all.
George Gershwin was an American composer and pianist whose early death brought to a premature halt one of the most remarkable careers in American music. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are universally familiar. He wrote most of his vocal and theatrical works in collaboration with his elder brother, lyricist Ira Gershwin. George Gershwin composed music for both Broadway and the classical concert hall, as well as popular songs that brought his work to an even wider public.
Achille-Claude Debussy was a French composer. Along with Maurice Ravel, he is considered one of the most prominent figures working within the field of Impressionist music, though he himself intensely disliked the term when applied to his compositions. Debussy is not only among the most important of all French composers; he was also a central figure in European music at the turn of the twentieth century.I hope you're all enjoying a lovely weekend. :) I owe a visit to many many of you, and I hope I'll correct this tomorrow & this coming week.
Peace & love to you all oxoxo
It's lovely that you're having such a good time with watercolours. I find them very therapuetic to work with. Your paintings are looking very pretty and free spirited. Hope you all enjoyed the music!
ReplyDeletethis was a most interesting to read and beautiful post to look at.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing so much of your life with us.
I really do appreciate it.
music and watercolours..very yummy treats indeed. happy brand new week to you sonia!
ReplyDeleteI love your water colour painting. very delicate and elegant. I remember a Christmas card you sent to me one year, that was a Sonia watercolour original too wasn't it? And beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely start to the week. How is your weather? ours has cooled down so much that summer feels like a long time ago! (not that I'm complaining, and I'm sure it will be back at some point! boo!!)
xxx