It's tough for me not to speak at all about the move or the feelings the whole process provokes. Maybe it's kind of therapeutic for me to write here & describe my feelings, maybe it'll help me doing the transition.
Yesterday was Wednesday and the boys were home. It was sunny & warm, not too much though. Chris had given us the idea to go to Disneyland in the afternoon, but I don't know why, I didn't feel like going there. Anyway, there won't be any Disneyland in Montpellier, so better get used to it right now, right ? So, instead of going there, waiting a lot, spending a lot too, I decided that we'd stay home & have lots of little things done. That's what we did. First thing I cut the boys' hair. They're having their annual school show tomorrow & I wanted them to be extra neat. Done. Then I prepared them a simple but yummy snack to have on the balcony. (we usually don't go much on the balcony as it's all long & narrow & useless) They enjoyed a lot too.
We also went out & blew bubbles. Well, *I* blew 90% of them ... so much that I almost fainted ! LOL
When heavy hearted ... blow your worries away ! :) It works like a charm !
Then I decided it'd be a good idea to have the boys help me clear their bedroom of all their clutter (little bits & bobs that go everywhere ... on, inside, under their bedside table, for instance). That's what we did, and I'm happy that they were glad to help. We store all of their belongings in a box, on which I added a label saying (in French) "P's Treasure Box" & "U's Treasure Box". This way, it'll be easier for me to store these safely for the packing. Believe me or not, but they did throw in the bin things that they'd been keeping for almost two years now, or for months or weeks. I also took their buntings (the ones I had sewn for them for their birthdays last year) off, and I'm not sure but I think doing all this will help them *a bit* to realize that there is a transition in the making, for them & for everyone. You know, even though they see me pack things, closing cardboard boxes, it's probably hard for them to realize we won't be living here much any longer. They've never let me see any signs of sadness or anger about moving & leaving things/friends behind. We do our best to show them that a new life is waiting for us in Montpellier. And it's true, life will be very different there. Chris working mostly from home will make such a difference, specially for him of course. We love to go outside & discover new things, but we are both two homebodies & I will love making our new place "our nest". I'm sure it will be fantastic, and thankfully, we had our parents clean the appartment & fix bits & bobs, and I had my mom sew linen curtains for the living room & other curtains for the other rooms. I promise to show everything once we'll be perfectly settled. So many things are going to be new for us. I bought a new sofa cover (yes I do use a cover for my sofa, call me old fashioned but even though my sons are not little pigs, the current cover has seen things that I wouldn't have loved my sofa to live !), which will be linen colored. (not linen). Curtains will be new (as I just mentioned), lamps (that we have to buy), some pieces of furnitures (that we have to buy too), the place in itself will be new to us. The mailman (or woman), the supermarket (which will be not a supermarket as we'll be in the very center of the town), the health store, the bookstore, the library (huuuuge ! it's going to be so much fun !), the cinemas, the bars & restaurants we love so much, the neighborhood, the neighbors themselves, the market, the rhythm .... so many things are going to be new for us & we can hardly wait to be there.
So you see, both sad to leave and looking forward to the future. Mixed feelings.
This morning, after a bit of housework I went to buy some more bubbles (plus some more for this summer), summer exercice books for the boys, I found a lovely white/yellow skirt & a black knitted cardi, both perfect for the summer. I try to treat myself a little bit these days. Not that I am selfish, but I think I deserve a little bit of me-time, even though time is not really what I have the most these days. OK, this is a bit material, but sorry, I couldn't help it.
Oh, before I forget. I had a lovely email from a lovely Spanish blog, Kireei, this past weekend, which wanted to feature me/my creations. That was so nice from them, I'm so honored ! You can visit the page here, even though it's in Spanish.
OK, this said, I have to stop now, because I have tons of things to do before going back at school to grab the boys ... ironing ... making the teachers' gifts, washing the dishes (as we won't use the dishwasher until we have settled), oh my.
Have a great Thursday my friends, thanks so much for stopping by, and sorry for annoying you all with my feelings. Mixed feelings. xoxoxo
Yesterday was Wednesday and the boys were home. It was sunny & warm, not too much though. Chris had given us the idea to go to Disneyland in the afternoon, but I don't know why, I didn't feel like going there. Anyway, there won't be any Disneyland in Montpellier, so better get used to it right now, right ? So, instead of going there, waiting a lot, spending a lot too, I decided that we'd stay home & have lots of little things done. That's what we did. First thing I cut the boys' hair. They're having their annual school show tomorrow & I wanted them to be extra neat. Done. Then I prepared them a simple but yummy snack to have on the balcony. (we usually don't go much on the balcony as it's all long & narrow & useless) They enjoyed a lot too.
We also went out & blew bubbles. Well, *I* blew 90% of them ... so much that I almost fainted ! LOL
When heavy hearted ... blow your worries away ! :) It works like a charm !
Then I decided it'd be a good idea to have the boys help me clear their bedroom of all their clutter (little bits & bobs that go everywhere ... on, inside, under their bedside table, for instance). That's what we did, and I'm happy that they were glad to help. We store all of their belongings in a box, on which I added a label saying (in French) "P's Treasure Box" & "U's Treasure Box". This way, it'll be easier for me to store these safely for the packing. Believe me or not, but they did throw in the bin things that they'd been keeping for almost two years now, or for months or weeks. I also took their buntings (the ones I had sewn for them for their birthdays last year) off, and I'm not sure but I think doing all this will help them *a bit* to realize that there is a transition in the making, for them & for everyone. You know, even though they see me pack things, closing cardboard boxes, it's probably hard for them to realize we won't be living here much any longer. They've never let me see any signs of sadness or anger about moving & leaving things/friends behind. We do our best to show them that a new life is waiting for us in Montpellier. And it's true, life will be very different there. Chris working mostly from home will make such a difference, specially for him of course. We love to go outside & discover new things, but we are both two homebodies & I will love making our new place "our nest". I'm sure it will be fantastic, and thankfully, we had our parents clean the appartment & fix bits & bobs, and I had my mom sew linen curtains for the living room & other curtains for the other rooms. I promise to show everything once we'll be perfectly settled. So many things are going to be new for us. I bought a new sofa cover (yes I do use a cover for my sofa, call me old fashioned but even though my sons are not little pigs, the current cover has seen things that I wouldn't have loved my sofa to live !), which will be linen colored. (not linen). Curtains will be new (as I just mentioned), lamps (that we have to buy), some pieces of furnitures (that we have to buy too), the place in itself will be new to us. The mailman (or woman), the supermarket (which will be not a supermarket as we'll be in the very center of the town), the health store, the bookstore, the library (huuuuge ! it's going to be so much fun !), the cinemas, the bars & restaurants we love so much, the neighborhood, the neighbors themselves, the market, the rhythm .... so many things are going to be new for us & we can hardly wait to be there.So you see, both sad to leave and looking forward to the future. Mixed feelings.
This morning, after a bit of housework I went to buy some more bubbles (plus some more for this summer), summer exercice books for the boys, I found a lovely white/yellow skirt & a black knitted cardi, both perfect for the summer. I try to treat myself a little bit these days. Not that I am selfish, but I think I deserve a little bit of me-time, even though time is not really what I have the most these days. OK, this is a bit material, but sorry, I couldn't help it.
Oh, before I forget. I had a lovely email from a lovely Spanish blog, Kireei, this past weekend, which wanted to feature me/my creations. That was so nice from them, I'm so honored ! You can visit the page here, even though it's in Spanish.
OK, this said, I have to stop now, because I have tons of things to do before going back at school to grab the boys ... ironing ... making the teachers' gifts, washing the dishes (as we won't use the dishwasher until we have settled), oh my.Have a great Thursday my friends, thanks so much for stopping by, and sorry for annoying you all with my feelings. Mixed feelings. xoxoxo
Transitions ... they aren't easy, are they? But, it sounds like you are doing your best to make the most of it for you and for the boys. Thinking of you.... (( hugs ))) xoxo - Kara
ReplyDeleteI stand by my comment from last week Sonia, you are (in my opinion) good at dealing with not only the stress of moving and adjusting to your new life when you get there. You always seem to look on the bright side.
ReplyDeleteDon't apologise for thinking you sound materialistic. I mean, if you can't have a little retail therapy every now and then life would be just too sad! ;o) And ALL mums deserve and need a little Me Time, nothing selfish about that. :O) You need Sonia time even more at the moment, considering how busy you are.
xxx
Aww Sonia, I hear your worries about moving. You sound like you're doing all the right things. Reminding the boys of what you have here in Paris, and involving them in packing their toys will really help them feel involved. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom, but I'm sending you a hug. Take care XXX
ReplyDeleteSonia~
ReplyDeleteOh sweetie, I am so sorry that this change is
going so slow for you. Totally normal to feel
such mixed feelings. I had such a hard time of
it when we moved back to the States from Japan.
I am so glad that it is not all work for you
and the boys.... as they say..."all work and no
play makes "Jane" and dull gal!"
And you are doing the most of the moving
by yourself, so you deserve to treat yourself.
That is how you keep your sanity.
The boys sound like they will take the change
better than you will. Kids are so open to change.
BTW... the bubble photo would be a great
wall paper for the computer. Beautiful!!
I cant wait to get your address and do our
swap.... when you get there and settle in...
I am a good little crafter and will patiently
wait. hahha~
Hug the boys for me.
Leo and the kids say hi.
Rane
~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ciao Sonia, no need to apologize! :) Just try to relax as much as you can and think at yourself too, ok? :) Happy evening to you and your 3 men - 1 big and 2 little, but all sweet ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Sonia! Your blog is your diary and it's THE place to express your emotions! That's why we're here- your friends- to listen to your highs and lows and to send encouragement your way. You know, I share about things like my heartbreak over a second loved dog with cancer and I don't worry that it's too depressing to read. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being featured on the website! That was such a cute project that you did for the boys! (((Hugz)))
I love how you express yourself and really treat your blog as a journal/diary or fantastic proportion.
ReplyDeleteI think that is just one of the things we love about you.
from one bubble blower to another :)
blowing bubbles is so fun! i can pass out if i do it too much.
ReplyDeletesending good thoughts to you sonia. i pray the house move will be easy for you..
thanks for the early visit today Sonia :O) I hope you have a really lovely Friday, and that your weekend is nice too. Make sure you do something nice for yourself, ok?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks fine bone china in the dishwasher is just wrong! xx
Good luck with your move Sonia!
ReplyDeleteWe actually have the movers coming in a few hours!!And here I am procrastinating-
Take care...