OK I admitt my defeat, I can't keep up with a blog schedule anymore these days ... Let's sum up what happened these last three days, shall we ?
On Tuesday afternoon, we held a little "goûter" (snack) with friends we have here (3 y-o boy, 7 y-o girl & their mom) Nothing really fancy, but a lot of fun, and I was even surprised that my friend purchased three items from me !
On Wednesday, we all felt poorly, P had started to have a cold the day before, and then Chris, U & I started to feel miserable too, specially Chris who had to go to the doctor, thinking he was having a sorethroat, and has in fact a sinusite. Being ill in May is not really funny, specially now that it's been two days that the heat is almost here. (can you believe that, we had such a yucky, chill, rainy weather until now !) Anyway. We had probable future renters visiting in the afternoon, and I also got the delivery of a fabulous parcel coming from Abby, who made a handbag for me & a messenger bag for Chris with a yummy hemp fabric. Her creations are the most perfect, that woman is all in the details, I couldn't be happier ! I HIGHLY recommend you her shop & creations ! And she is a wonderful, caring & sweet friend too ! :)
Thursday was a bank day (yep, another one !) over here, so thankfully Chris stayed home. And the boys had various activites ...

I spent myself quite a bunch of time this way gift making for friends ... which was total bliss (but very time consuming)

I had several parcels (to build &) to send, which will be done this afternoon.
I will get *at long last* boxes to start packing, next Wednesday, and the moving date has been precised ... movers will come take everything on Monday June 29th. My parents will come take the boys on Saturday 27th, so that we'll be only Chris & I for the very last days. Very convinient, I agree. Don't know the date movers will come deliver everything yet, though.
One of the things that makes me nervous is not the move itself (can you believe that ?), it's that we're going to change internet providers, and therefore email address, and so many things work from this email address (Blogger, Paypal, Etsy ....) ... I am so nervous to mess up somewhere. And being far away from you all (and the rest of the internet/blog/Flickr worlds ...) for at least three weeks, is going to kill me. Probably not that much a bad thing you may say, but the idea doesn't fill my heart with joy, OK that's said. I don't know which ones of you have decided to make a huge blog (+ Flickr) break ... I always feel so lonesome on the net during the summer. I know there are tons of things to do outside in the summer, but when you live in town, with no garden or terrace, when it's too warm half of the day to go outside, then the internet is a very good friend, along with indoor activities.
What will YOU be doing this summer ? What have you planned ? Or not planned ? Have you made lists of things you'd like to do/try/make or places you'd like to go this summer ?
oxoxox
PS : see you on Monday, my friends ! Have a superb weekend ! Take good care.
On Tuesday afternoon, we held a little "goûter" (snack) with friends we have here (3 y-o boy, 7 y-o girl & their mom) Nothing really fancy, but a lot of fun, and I was even surprised that my friend purchased three items from me !
On Wednesday, we all felt poorly, P had started to have a cold the day before, and then Chris, U & I started to feel miserable too, specially Chris who had to go to the doctor, thinking he was having a sorethroat, and has in fact a sinusite. Being ill in May is not really funny, specially now that it's been two days that the heat is almost here. (can you believe that, we had such a yucky, chill, rainy weather until now !) Anyway. We had probable future renters visiting in the afternoon, and I also got the delivery of a fabulous parcel coming from Abby, who made a handbag for me & a messenger bag for Chris with a yummy hemp fabric. Her creations are the most perfect, that woman is all in the details, I couldn't be happier ! I HIGHLY recommend you her shop & creations ! And she is a wonderful, caring & sweet friend too ! :)
Thursday was a bank day (yep, another one !) over here, so thankfully Chris stayed home. And the boys had various activites ...

I spent myself quite a bunch of time this way gift making for friends ... which was total bliss (but very time consuming)

I had several parcels (to build &) to send, which will be done this afternoon.I will get *at long last* boxes to start packing, next Wednesday, and the moving date has been precised ... movers will come take everything on Monday June 29th. My parents will come take the boys on Saturday 27th, so that we'll be only Chris & I for the very last days. Very convinient, I agree. Don't know the date movers will come deliver everything yet, though.
One of the things that makes me nervous is not the move itself (can you believe that ?), it's that we're going to change internet providers, and therefore email address, and so many things work from this email address (Blogger, Paypal, Etsy ....) ... I am so nervous to mess up somewhere. And being far away from you all (and the rest of the internet/blog/Flickr worlds ...) for at least three weeks, is going to kill me. Probably not that much a bad thing you may say, but the idea doesn't fill my heart with joy, OK that's said. I don't know which ones of you have decided to make a huge blog (+ Flickr) break ... I always feel so lonesome on the net during the summer. I know there are tons of things to do outside in the summer, but when you live in town, with no garden or terrace, when it's too warm half of the day to go outside, then the internet is a very good friend, along with indoor activities.
What will YOU be doing this summer ? What have you planned ? Or not planned ? Have you made lists of things you'd like to do/try/make or places you'd like to go this summer ?
oxoxox
PS : see you on Monday, my friends ! Have a superb weekend ! Take good care.
We will be moving too-in about a month.I am so overwhelmed right now!
ReplyDeleteI don't think we'll be changing internet providers or anything but I will probably have to put my shop on vacation for awhile:(
Lovely bookmark Sonia:)
What a fantastic post this was. I am still slowly trying to digest all its goodness. Abby is really amazing and her handmade goods are every bit as beautiful as she is inside and out.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching is really beautiful but what is killing me here is the work of your son. I just love it. It reminds me of the vintage pick up sticks game I have. I used to spend endless summer hours playing this game with my sisters at our family cottage.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs,
Margie
rho la la ... tu mets de la lavande dans tes marque-pages ? quel raffinement !
ReplyDeletequand à vos jolis sacs de chez madame infusion fibers, je te tiens personnellement responsable de l'achat que je viens de lui faire !!! hihi ! en fait, je cherchais un sac apn pour ma bichette et bon, elle en proposait un... et comme je suis fan d'etsy... bref !
je comprends ton appréhension à changer de FAi et d'etre coupée d'internet un moment, mais on s'y fait : ce ne sont que les premiers jours qui sont durs, comme toute habitude qui cesse... mais tu seras très occupée et tu verras que de toute façon tu n'aurais pas le temps... et puis on pensera très fort à toi, et on sait bien que tu ne vas pas bloguer quotidiennement en plein démémagement !
tout sera/ toutes seront, là à ton retour sur les ondes !
bisous !!!
I love the embroidery - his and yours. I so love seeing those long stitches that children make.
ReplyDeleteI've been spying Infusion Fibers for a long time, so lovely.
It's winter here, so I'll be huddled inside, and yes - at the computer!
Have *fun* packing, we'll be doing it soon, too - as we are selling our house.