"Homemaking Thursday" : Home alone

Today I'm home alone, and this is very unusual. Chris & U left home at 07.40am for a school day trip (a first time for Chris !), and I brought P to school at 08.10am as he's also on a day trip (nearer than U & Chris, though). So it's already 10.45am as I'm typing, but I have washed the dishes, hoovered thoroughly, removed a load of laundry that was dry & hung a brand new one to dry. It's sunny & reasonably warm today, and I'm so happy they all didn't get rain for this special day. I'll have to go shopping for food and bread (tomorrow being another bank day in France) a bit later in the day, but I'd like to devote this short day, very selfishly, to me. It really feels weird not to have to take care of anyone during 8 whole hours (OK, 2 hours have already passed by as I'm typing this - amazing, right ?!) It feels weird but never happens anyway.
I left my camera to Chris, hoping strongly he'll think about taking photos (ahem).
I hope to craft a lot, to relax just as much (but not too much, it's not my style LOL)
I shall even turn the computer off, so that I won't get distracted.
A most unusual day for me indeed.

Oh, before I forget ... I wanted to show you something.
I salvaged a part of the previous coffee maker (may she rest in peace), a metallic part & thought about reusing this a way or another. When a sudden idea came into my mind, and I'm rather satisfied ... I'm going to re-purpose / re-use this metallic part as Recipe Card Magnetic Board, in the kitchen, and it will only need two small nails, as the holes are ... um ... already done ! LOLBrilliant, isn't it ? (very humble, eheh) This way we'll honor this machine that (we tried to estimate the number of coffee this machine made for us) made us around 18.000 coffees the last ten years.
Ten years = 3000 days (if you remove that we were on vacation or not driking coffees)
3000 days x 6 coffees a day (an average as we sometimes reached 8 or more when guests were here) = 18000 coffees. Impressed ? I am ! LOL

Enjoy YOUR day, my friends.
Much love xoxo

Comments

  1. 18,000 cups of pure caffeinated joy! That's great indeed.I love your new re-purposed metallic recipe holder. You're so innovative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the coffee maker did you well Sonia, nice to keep a part of it forever!

    I know so well how you feel. When Bill takes Humbug to visit his mum and I have time alone, I whizz round getting everything done without interruption,then I sit and think 'ooh, what shall I do now?'. Time to yourself when you're a mum is just so unusual and you want to cram in as much as you can but end up frittering the time away.Or I do anyway!

    Enjoy your day, and your time alone. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia! It'll be fun to hear how Chris did on the field trip. They can often be... noisy! :) Hope he takes photos since you left him a strong hint. Nice way to honor your coffeemaker for 10 years of good service! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. how was your Thursdsay? Hope you enjoyed your time to yourself. :)

    have a lovely Friday, and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a perfect tribute to a very hard working machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pour un peu vous atteindriez presque le litron quotidien de mon époux... que dis-je un litre et demi, oui !
    en tout cas c'est une brillante idée de détournement et j'ai hâte de voir !
    j'espère que vous avez tous les deux survécu à votre journée ! toi à ta solitude et lui à sa non-solitude ! hihi !
    bon weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea. It's going to look fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoyed your day....
    and the coffee maker sounds like
    it was amazing~
    Rane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day, Sonia! ((HUGS)) and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you are having a lovely weekend :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    I happened to stop by as I was looking at Johanna's site. Clever idea on how to reuse that old part from the coffee maker. You're crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !