What I managed to craft this past Saturday was this new kit of jam jar covers, made with green gingham cotton, and remnants of linen, crochet lace & vintage floral fabric, from the previous project. (Craft corner wall hanging) I thought it was a good idea to re-use these little bits to embellish the covers.
Yesterday I had time for crafting (hurray !!) so I managed to make a (rectangular) pincushion.
Made of natural linen on one side, and of bicolor linen (there are two threads in this linen : purple & lavender blue), and of a lovely floral cotton.
I embellished it with two matching covered buttons, a length of trim (that I had bought in Paris, remember ?) & of a bit of sewing tape on which I handstamped a thread spool. I filled it with remnants of the blend felt I use. That way, it's not too light & is plumpy just as should be.
Well, I think that's it for today.We'll go on vacation in the south from Saturday 11th in the evening till Sunday 19th in the evening too. I'll be able to check the blog from my parents, the first half of the week, but won't post. I'm still wondering if I'll upload photos to Flickr from there, or not. Still haven't decided. I know that next week, the time will pass by even faster than usual, and I'm even thinking if they're really going to be vacations. (you know, when you sleep later, you do nothing ... these vacations are not meant to be like this) I just hope we won't come back home more tired than usual ! LOL After that week, the boys will have another vacation week, but not Chris.
Now, please, have yourself a lovely Tuesday & treat yourself with something nice today. A facial mask, a good book, a cake (well, a piece of that cake only or you might regret it) ... whatever it may be & that may bring you joy or comfort. You deserve it.
Thanks so much for stopping by & reading ! :) xoxoxo
These are beautiful Sonia, and I am loving your photos! How exciting you will be taking a vacation.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so cute, you must be looking forward to the end of the week, will you be able to visit your future apartment? Have a happy Easter, big hugs
ReplyDeleteYour jam covers make me want to make jam! (The strawberries will be in soon around here.) And the pincushion is lovely! Only in France would they have such pretty pins!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip! You will be missed!
I love those projects you made...especially the floral fabric on 'tasty' and the purple linen on the pincushion:)
ReplyDeleteHave a great/safe/happy trip to the South.Make sure to take some pictures for us!
Bonne vacances~
Andrea
Hi Sonia! So nice to figure out such a lovely use for little pieces of fabric and other embellishments. Enjoy your little getaway! Thanks for the anniversary wishes for Jessica & Pat! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeletelovelyl photos Sonia. Sorry U has been so poorly. :O( Hope everyone is feeling better and well rested now :)
ReplyDeleteenjoy your holiday when you go! xx
Hi Sonia, hope your boys are feeling better now. I bet you are all looking forward to a break away. Hope you get spoilt with lots of family time.
ReplyDeleteLoving your purple, its so classy, like you sweetie. Much love XXX