The boys are back to school, after two weeks vacations. First week was spent in the south & second one at home ... I feel like they've been on vacation for three weeks at least ! LOL During vacations, despite all the normal things you have to do all the time (shopping for food, washing the dishes, laundry etc), your rhtythm is not the same, it's undeniable. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I am a bit happy to go back to my own little routine, with long moments to myself & all I have to do. Isn't it too selfish ?
I hope you all had a nice weekend. After a long week of sun & warmth, this past weekend was a full return of grey, chill, windy & rainy weather. I'm not that fond of these moments of the year when you don't have the heater on anymore, and don't want to turn it on, but it's a bit (too) chill indoors. A pain for air-drying clothes indoor, I tell you. Anyway. Today is windy & there are lots of dark grey clouds, but it's not rained yet. My hands are cold, despite the good hot coffee I just sipped. Oh well.
So here is, in photos, and with the help of a few sentences, what we did this past weekend.
Saturday
Went to Paris. Left by 11.30am, and went directly to Exki restaurant, Boulevard des Italiens, to have lunch. We are never disappointed, you can eat healthy & yummy, sometimes even organic, food, for a reasonable price, and there's a corner for the children to play, which is priceless when you want to enjoy your dessert or coffee with your hubby, talking about things that may bore the children.
Rain didn't take us down ...
We walked past the National Archives ...
Where a huge red container was a temporary tiny exhibition ... full of boxes ...
Gotta love these labels ...
We walked a lot in Paris, once again, walked past George Pompidou art center, visited the Quartier Saint Paul (with such a name ... um), which is a lovely area of Paris, probably one of the sweetest area to visit. We stopped by the City Hall where there was a free exhibition about Le Petit Nicolas. We didn't fear to wait almost 45mn under a light rain, with two tired ones. (us, crazy ? maybe). We enjoyed the visit though.
We also bought yummy sesame covered & poppy seeds baygels (in a jewish deli), that we had for dinner then.
And before leaving Paris, we stopped by "La Droguerie" haberdashery, and I treated myself with my birthday gift : 30 meters of yummy crochet lace ... the same design in a rainbow of colors ...
We went a little crazy & decided, once back home, and after having had dinner & a shower, to walk to Disney, for a drink. Yes, that crazy family moments. We left home around 09pm (ooooh) & walked to Disney.
Shall I add that the boys were thrilled to go to bed *that* late ... LOL
Sunday
Well Sunday was full of tyding, cooking, cleaning, exercising, cutting hair, and trying to go back to the normal swing of daily life. And not Vacation Mode. :)
It's almost 05.30pm as I'm typing & I have an hour left before grabbing the boys. This morning's schedule : laundry, pharmacy, post office, shopping for food & then for bread. Boy did it go super fast !!
Have a super start of the new week, sweeties ! xoxoxo
I hope you all had a nice weekend. After a long week of sun & warmth, this past weekend was a full return of grey, chill, windy & rainy weather. I'm not that fond of these moments of the year when you don't have the heater on anymore, and don't want to turn it on, but it's a bit (too) chill indoors. A pain for air-drying clothes indoor, I tell you. Anyway. Today is windy & there are lots of dark grey clouds, but it's not rained yet. My hands are cold, despite the good hot coffee I just sipped. Oh well.
So here is, in photos, and with the help of a few sentences, what we did this past weekend.
Saturday
Went to Paris. Left by 11.30am, and went directly to Exki restaurant, Boulevard des Italiens, to have lunch. We are never disappointed, you can eat healthy & yummy, sometimes even organic, food, for a reasonable price, and there's a corner for the children to play, which is priceless when you want to enjoy your dessert or coffee with your hubby, talking about things that may bore the children.
Rain didn't take us down ...
We walked past the National Archives ...
Where a huge red container was a temporary tiny exhibition ... full of boxes ...
Gotta love these labels ...
We walked a lot in Paris, once again, walked past George Pompidou art center, visited the Quartier Saint Paul (with such a name ... um), which is a lovely area of Paris, probably one of the sweetest area to visit. We stopped by the City Hall where there was a free exhibition about Le Petit Nicolas. We didn't fear to wait almost 45mn under a light rain, with two tired ones. (us, crazy ? maybe). We enjoyed the visit though.
We also bought yummy sesame covered & poppy seeds baygels (in a jewish deli), that we had for dinner then.
And before leaving Paris, we stopped by "La Droguerie" haberdashery, and I treated myself with my birthday gift : 30 meters of yummy crochet lace ... the same design in a rainbow of colors ...
We went a little crazy & decided, once back home, and after having had dinner & a shower, to walk to Disney, for a drink. Yes, that crazy family moments. We left home around 09pm (ooooh) & walked to Disney.
Shall I add that the boys were thrilled to go to bed *that* late ... LOLSunday
Well Sunday was full of tyding, cooking, cleaning, exercising, cutting hair, and trying to go back to the normal swing of daily life. And not Vacation Mode. :)
It's almost 05.30pm as I'm typing & I have an hour left before grabbing the boys. This morning's schedule : laundry, pharmacy, post office, shopping for food & then for bread. Boy did it go super fast !!
Have a super start of the new week, sweeties ! xoxoxo
What a wonderful Saturday! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness,the whole time we lived in France I looked for bagles...and never found any...glad to know you have them:)
ReplyDeleteTake care~
Andrea
Hi Sonia, what a great weekend you had. I'm sure you'll miss your walks to Disney & your days in Paris when you move. It's funny haberdasher means obsolete in US English, we only have craft stores. I hope you enjoy some "me time" & have a great week, hugs
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear Sonia, for your sweet encouragement! Even though we live so far, you are such a friend!
ReplyDeleteNow, maybe it's because I have a romantic view of life in Paris, but I do think that it must be lovely to be you. Your pictures and descriptions of the places you go and the things you do seem straight out of a movie. Perhaps an old movie, which makes it even better. Hugs!