Homebodies

Can you believe that we didn't go anywhere this weekend ? Well, I went to the supermarket on Saturday morning, but then, that was it. Lots & lots of houseworks of all kind were done this weekend, and I hope this will leave me some free (read = craft) time these next days.

As you may remember, Chris has an appointment tomorrow morning (11am) to visit an appartment in Montpellier. (if you're new to my blog, we're currently living around Paris, and this appartment is in the south, where we'll move to this summer). He'll be leaving tonight, after his work day, from Paris & will stay at his parents' tonight. I REALLY can't wait to know if this is The One. Or not. And if it turns out to be The One, then, how it is exactly. Chris will take photos with the cellphone/mobile.

In the meantime, let me tell & show you some of the things that we did this past weekend.

Games were played ...Soup was made ...Chantilly cream (kind of sweet whipped cream - more about it on Thursday) was made and eaten ...Rainbow was admired ...Blog & website were re-designed (once again, yep) ...Chocolate + chocolate chips (milk, dark AND white chocolate chips) muffins were baked, and some of them eaten ...Computer table was decluttered, dusted & reorganized (read = simplified). It occured to me that I could re-use / re-purpose one of the 3 short vases from Ikea that I have, into a pencil holder. I think it doesn't overload visually the computer table as much as the other holder (was a mug) did. And it can hold more pencils. Look ...Among the other things that were done, but that I didn't take a photo of : changing our bed linens, having two loads of laundry washed, dried & ironed, scrubbing all sinks & toilets, cooking, planning the meals for 5 days (including the weekend), hoovering, still sorting things that will be given to friends or charity (books, toys, clothes essentially) ... well, you get the picture. I'm worn out. LOL One thing I haven't done much at all, was crafting, which annoys me quite a bit. I hope I'll work on that the next two days. On Wednesday the boys will be home (off school, as usual), and on Thursday U will stay home as his teacher will be absent & will not get replaced. Probably the reason why I wanted to have lots of housework done this past weekend. Not a bad thing, then.

OK, better go. I wish you all a very sunny, cheerful & dynamic start of the new week !! :D Thanks for stopping by today !! oxoxox

Comments

  1. gosh Sonia, your move is coming round so quickly! It seems like only yesterday we were with you while you moved to your current home. I certainly hope Chris finds the right home for you today, that would be one less thing to have to think about :O)

    I must admit that I forgot about you not posting at weekends, surfed in yesterday, realised you would still have the Gory Photo up and scooted off quick smart without leaving a paw print! Sorry about that, just didn't want to see the injury again. (hope it is healing quickly)

    I love stay at home weekends. It's what I do most weekends, other than the weekly shop, and I love it. Yesterday I got so much done in advance that I can have an Almost-Sadie-Day. I'm certainly not doing any laundry today! :O) hurrah!

    You certainly achieved a lot over the weekend too. Those cakes look rather yummy.

    Time I was off. Thanks for the early visit. Have a lovely start to the week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday, Sonia! Fingers crossed for the perfect house! :D Enjoy spring, hugs! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonia, well your new header is fabby, so cheerful and bright, really professional looking.

    I can't wait to find out more about the chantilly cream...mmmm! Sounds good.

    Love your soup and your muffns, your boys are so lucky to have such a thoughtful mum.

    Hope P's head is healing well.
    Hope C has good luck with the appartment hunting. Its all happening so quickly, must feel more so for you. Its April soon! How is that possible?
    Take careXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia, I hope your week is starting well, I love the new look & your weekend sounds nice & cozy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia, you're just a little Eurostar journey away - please come and sort my house out. Even meal planning?! Wow, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !