"Arts & Crafts" Tuesday : Jam & Honey Jar Covers

That's it, I named my blog categories ... how silly is that ?!

- Mondays will get a different title every time according to what happened during the weekend
- Tuesdays : "Arts & Crafts" Tuesday : as I'll talk about & show my own crafts (for the shop or not) & other people's too.
- Thursdays : "Homemaking Thursday" : as I'll try to talk about things related to homemaking.
- Fridays : "From the Past" Friday : like you already saw last week.
It's kind of fun reorganizing also this part of my life. I'm going to use the Junk Mail Idea Notes to note down ideas when I get them, for future blog posts.

As Chris didn't have temperature, he had to go back to work today. :( Not that he was feeling better, but he had to go back. The joys of modern life. I have to go grab the X-rays results this morning for him & we'll see how they'll come.

I've been crafting a bit this past weekend & added to the shop something I had been wanting to do for a long time, but that somehow was never getting on top of my to-do list, so it was never prioritary to make them. I decided to give it a go & I'm pretty happy of the result. They were quick projects that gave me good satisfaction. I'm talking about Jam Jar Covers & Honey Pot Covers.I hand stamped the words with textile ink, on cotton sewing tapes & sewed them to the covers. These come as kits, with raphia or organic hemp yarn to tie around the jar lid, and with labels (expect for the honey jar covers). They are all in the Shop !

OK, must go now, and go pick the X-rays results. I hope you all have a great day today ! Sweet thoughts your way xoxo

Comments

  1. Hi Sonia! Happy St. Patrick's Day! :) Glad to hear Chris' xrays came back clear but sorry he had to go back to work so soon. The jam covers are as cute as can be! They would be perfect for people who can things for gifts! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonsoir ma belle :-) Gosh, you are as creative as always my Sonia, those jam jar covers are wonderful!! What a lovely gift idea too, to make your own jam to give away, with a gorgeous cover on it :-) But oh my, poor Chris, I do hope he will feel better soon!! After getting the "gastro" twice during the past two weeks, trust me when I say that I don't ever want anyone in my family to get sick again!! :-( And yes, I know exactly what you mean about balancing things, and I think I must try something similar, because at the moment I have way too many things to take care of, in way too little time... Loved your post on Barbapapa by the way, both my girls LOVE the books (as did I when I was a kid!!). I have never seen the DVD's though, I must keep an eye out for those :-) Gosh I am rambling, so I'll stop here!! Take care now sweet Sonia, I hope everyone will stay healthy your end :-)
    Love and care,
    Susanne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming! Who'd have thought jam pot covers could get even cuter?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Sonia your photos are so wonderfully inspiring. I adore your jam covers. They are fabulous.

    I hope Chris is ok. I'm not well at the moment. I've lost my voice and have a bad chest. I really hope Chris' xray results are ok. Its hard when one or (god) two parents are poorly, Im sure it takes us longer to recover because we cant rest properly, with the children.

    Happy Wednesday sweetie, hope you're having sun there today too XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see from D's comment that the X ray came back clear. That's good news :O) I hope Chris will feel back to full health quickly.

    Love the jam jar covers. Very nice.
    have a lovely Wednesday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sonia! I did remember you're blog-free on Wednesday but wanted to come by and say hi anyway! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...I'm Laura from Italy! I love your blog!
    And I love this projects!
    I'd like to invite you to visite also my blog :D

    Laura from Italy http://chebirba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !