Another.Weekend.Went.By

French National Library, aka B.N.F, or Bibliothque François Mitterrand. Paris, Saturday 07th March 2009

Yes, another weekend went by. I'll try to make long short, so you won't spend 10mn reading my blog.

On Saturday (yesterday) we went to Paris. The boys were "on a hunt" for two specific Brio toys, and after looking in three different shops with no success, we gave up for that day. (but we keep hope & will look elsewhere ! Persevering !!) We had lunch at Exki, Avenue de France, close the B.N.F (French National Library), where we went to the same exhibition we went last autumn, and that will stop soon, so we wanted to go back before it's all gone. It was an exhibition about children books, from Chris' & my childhood. Lots of sweet memories, that I hope to share with you in another blog post.Inside the exhibition
Then we walked through the Parc de Bercy, accross the Seine river, and we were amazed to see lots of signs of spring already ... Get ready for colors ?! Go !Then ... I'll spare you then end of our day trip tp Paris ... we walked really tons & tons, I wonder how P & U can walk that much without complaining. I think it's a good habit to have children walk that much. They're not afraid of walking through a big city, or any kind of transports. :)

Today, Sunday, it drizzled almost all day long, until the end of the afternoon when it finally cleared totally. Which gives me the hope of a sunny start of the week ! :D
So, we had a cozy Sunday at home, like we love to have them. I suppose we kind of compensate the fact of being away all day & walking a lot the day before ! LOL So different kinds of housework duties were done, more or less glamorous ... LOL and lots of games were played, little bits & bobs done (like cutting all the papers/cardboards from packagings etc I want to re-use, or like preparing parcels), a little bit of surfing on the internet/Flickr, checking mails, loading "old" CDs on the Ipod ... see, lots of little & very different things. Or ... playing with one of mommy's measuring tapes ... ;-)I had prepared chocolate dipped bananas for our Sunday family snack, which we had with organic sweet apple cider ... mmmm a delight ! The chocolate I used is not organic (the bananas were) but gluten free & dairy free & it's just delicious !Chocolate dipped bananas
Before leaving, I wanted to show you (well, in two pieces as the original photo was too tall to show in one piece) one of P's (6 1/2) drawings. That's his version of the Eiffel Tower. He re-used the cardboard roll that comes inside a roll of kraft wrapping paper. (used for Christmas, ahem) The size, shape & color are not conventional, compared to A4 white sheets, so it gave him lots of room for imagination. And that's what he did. I didn't ask him to draw the Eiffel Tower. But, one thing is sure, it's that I'm feeling much inspired by such an artwork. It's simple, it's personal, it's cute. I love, I really do. I'd love P & U to start using something else but A4 regular, standart sized sheets of paper for their artwork. I'm probably the one who should show them the fact that other kind of materials exist to express the fruits of their blooming imagination ...I'll leave you with a video of Minuscule ... as usual during the weekends ... Enjoy !!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, and that you're all happy & healthy. I got a cold last Thursday, but I guess all the (plants) pills I've been taking since last September helped me going through it very quickly, and I'm happy to report that it's almost gone now. Yeepie ! :) See you tomorrow !! xoxox

Comments

  1. Im glad you're feeling better. Paris sounds so fabulous and we love looking at your photos. The library exhibition looks wonderful. I love your crocuses they are so pretty and beautiful. I have got to try your bananas and with apple cider....heaven. Happy Sunday my friend XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is definitely in the air! I love the budding, growing flowers, they're so beautiful! I heart the miniscule video too! Thanks for sharing Sonia! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy! I want to visit Paris NOW! LOL! ;) Zeno keeps telling me that he wants to go too, but we are still here. :S
    Great snaps, I like the Crocuses in particular. P.'s drawing of the Eiffel Tower is beautiful!
    Have a happy Monday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. un weekend sympa quand même !
    cette tuerie de bananes au chocolat !
    quelqu'un est allergique au gluten chez vous ? remarqu,e les bananes au four recouvertes de golden syrup,chocolat et petits bouts de marshmallows... je ne suis pas fière non plus ! (d'ailleurs j'ai prohibé me concernant)
    j'aime beaucoup tes photos de fleurs printanières c'est gai et une grande bouffée d'oxygène !
    et tu as des enfants qui suivent la trace de maman : très créatifs ! bravo !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !