More.Strawberries.More.Caterpillar

Custom order lavender filled strawberry

Happy new week everyone ! :) I hope you all had a nice weekend. As you must have read in my previous entry, we had a great time at the Palais de la Découverte (science museum), in Paris, on Saturday. If you missed the entry, simply scroll down & you'll have lots of photos from my Flickr (slideshow) to see. On Sunday, there were lots to do, and lots was done ! I sewed the strawberry you can see at the top the entry {thanks again so much Valérie !}, ironed for a long moment, and had a load of laundry washed, while Chris was in the kitchen (mostly cooking a butternut squash soup, and washing the dishes). At the menu for lunch were our favorite sprouted seeds : sunflower sprouted seeds ! We love these ! I can't wait to have moved & see which spare space we have to grow our own !I'd love to grow these sprouted seeds : sunflower, mustard, garlic, radishes, alfalfa, ... and so many more ! *Ü* If you're interested by sprouted seeds, you can see my friend Maya's blog post, named A Jar of Spring ... In January.

Then in the afternoon, my sweet hubby took the boys to Disney (went there by foot & came back home with the express train), and they stayed there for about two hours. Which gave me the time to hoover thoroughly everywhere in the appartment & tidy up, to have a shower, make a hair mask & wash it, to surf the internet a bit (uploading photos on Flickr, or friends' Flickr), and to sew a bit. I prepared batches of strawberries. When they came back, they played while Chris & I planned the meals (and shopping list) for the next 5 days. Makes it so much easier everyday ! And anyway, we don't have much space here to store lots of food (and also no car to carry them), that's the reason why I'm going to the supermarket or health store every two or three days. So we have to use what we have at home instead of planning meals and then only shopping for these meals particularly. I know not everyone works this way, but it works perfectly for us. Then I cut my three guys' hair, and you guess the rest ... the end of the day went by rather quickly.

Oh, silly me, I'm forgetting to show you the other caterpillar felt pincushion I made on Friday + Saturday !!! I had so much fun making this one as well !! Everything was stitched by hand except the wood stitches (to imitate wood) on the branch, which was machine sewn.Caterpillar climbing on a branch, to reach the tiny leaf ... (have you noticed the French knots lichen ?! LOL

I still haven't made one for the boys but I really have to this week. My mom will arrive on Friday 13th (I am NOT supersticious) & will leave (with my dad, who will come on the 21st) on the 23rd. My inlaws will come on the 24th (FIL will leave on the 27th), and my MIL will stay until March 04th. So I'll have pretty busy 3 weeks with my parents then my inlaws, but I know my mom & MIL will be great helping hands, and I hope to get lots & lots done while they'll be here. Chris, on the other hand, has taken three days off on Feb 16/17/18th, and then has to leave for Corsica (work) on the 18th until the 28th. Man, it's going to be long, again. I know my mom will be here with me to help with the boys, and I know time will fly by quicker than I think, but I will miss my hubby a lot during that time, nevertheless.

Full moon (Feb. 08th 2009)

It even started snowing yesterday at midnight but then it must have rained in the middle of the night and this morning everything has gone.

I'm horrified by the fires in Victoria, Australia, and want to show you the way to Pip's blog , who's collected lots of informations about how to help. And if you're familiar with Etsy, a shop has been created, Victorian Bushfire Appeal, and all proceeds are donated to the Australian Red Cross. Thanks for helping if you can.

I wish you all a nice Monday & a great start to the new week ! Big hugs xoxo

Comments

  1. Aww your pink strawberry sachet is just pure sweetness! Have a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the caterpillar!! Adorable work, Sonia. You amaze me.

    Thanks for sharing the info about the Ausralian fires, just awful.

    hugs to you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute new caterpillar! :) I bet your boys like it very much! :D Sprouted seeds are yummy, but I like them only in Spring and Summer coz they are refreshing and I'm freezing lately. :P Good night, Sonia! Have a happy and crafty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !