This morning at 11amSnow was predicted to fall in the middle of the night, and if fact it must have started to snow in the very early morning. And I suspect it rained before starting snowing as snow stays on the vegetals, but not on the ground. So yeah, we've been dusted, that's all. But enough for me to feel happy ! :D (such a simple soul, right ?)
My mom should be here in 15mn now, so I'm super excited too ! My dad (who's not coming with her, but will join next weekend) won't be with her on Valentine's Day (tomorrow) so he asked me to buy her a rose. Which I didn't, because this rose will fade & die, and then there will be nothing left. I know, that's not very nice from me, but he should have thought about it earlier & get her (or make her) something more meaningful. (OK, that's said) So, just like Pooh, I thought thought thought & then had the idea of making her a little red brooch to wear. It's made of several small hearts (cut in felt), sewn together, then just a few beads added & a pin back, and tada, a simple but sweet brooch ! :)
Yesterday evening, I baked my potatoe pie (P looooves it), which I'll share the recipe a bit later. (sorry, I'm a bit short on time right now)
Yesterday evening, potatoe pie in the oven ... mmmmIt's as simple as can be & as yummy as can be as well !! :) We're going to have it for lunch, even Chris at work. Yum !! LOL
BAD PEOPLE ALERT ...
My friend Laurraine (of Patchwork Pottery) had the very bad surprise yesterday to find one of her grogeous quilts in someone else's Etsy shop ! That person had stolen the image & pretended to sell these, and their patterns too ! The worse thing is that 5 people bought them, and they will never get these, of course !! So beware, my friends, if you ever buy from a seller, be sure to double check this person's feedback before deciding to purchase ! (which this person didn't have at all !) You can read more about it at Laurraine's blog here.
Ok, gotta go, she'll be there any minute now !! Sending you much love & wishing you a lovely & delightful Valentine's Day & weekend !! xoxoxo
The garden grounds look like lemon bars from afar!! Have an enjoyable valentines weekend with your mum and family! Hugs xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh Sonia I love your mums broach, how adorable truely XXXX
ReplyDeleteHi Sonia! The snow looks like powdered sugar- you probably call that something different. I'm sure your mom will love the heart brooch! Have a very Happy Valentine's Day with your 3 sweet men! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteOh your dusting looks lovely! What a nice thing to wake up to :) I'd be happy too!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have your Mom visiting with you. You certainly do have a busy few weeks ahead! I love it when family visit.
Your strawberries are so pretty!
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow Sonia! love & hugs xxx
très bonnes vacances à vous tous !! snow sprinkle or not ; ) profite bien de ta maman (c'est précieux de pouvoir être ensemble et j'en sais quelque chose tant l'amour des miens me manque) qui va se faire offrir cette jolie broche (rien de tel pour habiller une tenue)
ReplyDeleteje serais moins en ligne dans la huit/dizaine à venir, mais je te dis à très bientôt et plein de XOXOXO
ps : je n'ai pas eu de misères dans les etsy, mais chaque jour je suis sidérée de voir le comportement opportuniste et malhonnête de certaines, i'm all the more sorry for your friend Laurraine.
ooo I read that about Patchwork Pottery Sonia it's terrible isn't it!!...
ReplyDeleteOur weather too has been irratic, one minute rain, then heavy snow, then slushy snow.. I can't wait for the spring..
The Rose looks fabulous, I hope you mum enjoys it..
Have a happy day!!
Coucou ma Sonia :-) Now, what a lovely idea to make your mother a broche, it is beautiful! And yes you are right... why on earth did I not think of asking about the Corolle doll pattern?? Oh well, next time I need something I will be sure to ask my internet friends :-) But in any case, I am so, so happy to have found the magazine... in fact I have found out that it is available in some shops even in Sweden... lucky me :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Sunday sweet Sonia!
Take care and stay healthy :-)
Love and care,
Susanne xxxx
Your heart pin is adorable!
ReplyDeletePlease don't forget to leave the recipe for your potato pie...
I love Patchwork Pottery,so sad that happened to her.
Au revoir:)
Andrea
Your mother's heart brooch is beautiful! I hope you all had a beautiful and cozy weekend together. Can't wait for your potato pie recipe.... your such a wonderful chef.
ReplyDeletexo
m
I love that brooch! What a sweet idea.
ReplyDelete