Bundles

Before going on showing you what I bought on Tuesday in Paris, I only want to say (before you think I went mad buying so much, or before you think I'm rich, because I'm not) that I bought quite a bunch of trims & such for two main reasons :
- Chris & I didn't exchange gifts for Christmas and for Valentine's Day (which is totally OK for me, I didn't need anything)
- we'll be moving in less than 6 months (probably in 4 months only) to a town that, even with 300.000 inhabitants, doesn't have the most fabulous haberdasheries, or at least they don't have what I found here in Paris. It's so hard to find all these lovely things but in Paris itself. So that was now or never. (or at least, not before a year from now, I suppose)
And anyway, I've been pretty good at not buying much these last months, and anyway we need all the money for the move & all the expenses that may happen then. In a word, I feel totally great with buying all I bought. Some will be used for ourselves, some will be used for making gifts to give, and some will be used for making things for the shop.
OK, I don't know why I had to explain myself like that, but I feel better now I've done that. I hate leaving photos with no explanations or background behind the photos. This said ...... enjoy !Today was sunny & cold, and morning was spent doing houseworks mainly. Then, we spent the whole afternoon (02-07pm) with a cousin of mine (girl, 33, currently in a nearby teachers' school, named IUFM in France). We met in Disney & then we invited her home. Then I went shopping for food & now everyone is sleeping, including my mom. I hope you all had a great Thursday & that you are all healthy & happy.
Thanks for reading, friends. Much love xoxo

Comments

  1. I'm drooling here! The trims are especially lovely...can't wait to see how you put them to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shopping therapy :)

    *To do list: visit Paris yes yes

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful stash Sonia. I don't blame you at all for stocking up. Haberdashery stuff lasts for ages (or it seems to to me) and it's always wise to stock up when you can.

    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. je ne sais pas non plus... tout ce que je sais c'est que la vie est courte et qu'il faut savoir se faire plaisir de temps en temps... je me régale en dévorant des yeux tes jolis achats ! mon pb aurait surement été de ne pas choisir !! car quand tu passes d'une ville très moyenne avec peu de mercerie à la diversité de la capitale : c'est violent !!! hihi
    mainteant mon second plaisir à venir sera de voir ce que tu vas enf aire et je suis sûre que je vais me régaler tout autant ! j'espère que tu as passé une journée fantastique (ça a l'air !) bonnes vacances !

    ReplyDelete
  5. oups " de ne pas pouvoir choisir "

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you Kidding me!!? Why on earth are you justifying your buys to anyone, although having said that I do to feel a little guilty hen I over spend on some nice things..

    You are so lucky you have such a fabulous Haberdashery. Where I live, I struggle to get white cotton thread LOL!! So yes stock up, stock up... I buy most of my fabrics online and some from ebay, I don't like this becasue you can't feel it or see it properly, but I buy small amounts first and then if I need more I go nuts...

    I hope you have fun with your new goodies...

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know the exact feeling you were having as you posted this... that being said, wow! I'm soooo happy you went for it. Your collection is so perfect, so gorgeous, so delicious! I'm aching, really aching to hop on a plane and take a little tour with you to all of these amazing shops. I'll only book a flight if you promise to make some of your amazing muffins! :DDD
    xo
    m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sonia,are you starting a shop? :0)
    beautiful trims and fabrics, i want them all!
    have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sonia, wise girl!!! I would do the same and all these haberdashery ... oh, lovely, fabulous!!!! Thank you for sharing these pictures! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I oooh and ahhhed at every photo, if only I could have gone shopping with you, I'm imagining the money I would spend, maybe thats not a good idea LOL. Everything looks so beautiful. I bet you cant stop looking at your new goodies. I cant wait to see what you will creat with these, they're so adorable. Thrilled you had such a fun time. Hope you doing ok with Chris away. Take good care, much love XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sonia! I don't blame you for wanting to stock up when you have all these wonderful goodies available. It's not like it has a shelf life and will go bad and I know you'll put it to good use. They all make for pretty photos.

    Thanks for you well wishes for Jessica. How far apart in age are P and U? Ryan will be 23 months old when new baby arrives. My 2 were 3 years apart. Enjoy the weekend! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !