Yeah

Oh well ... thanks so much Girls, for all the sweet comments yesterday, you all sure know how to melt another girl's heart ! :) I'm ever SO happy to have met you all, a long time ago for some of you (till way back in 2001), or just a couple of months ago. It just feels the same when you feel special bonds. I have to admitt you that when I was a little girl, I was very shy, and though I was very sociable, I never had many friends around me. As a teen neither. (which was probably better, in my opinion) And since I met & married Chris, we moved so many times, and it also coincided with the entrance of the internet world (and then of the blogging world) in my own little life, making friends through this weird but sweet thing with a screen & a keyboard, that we all call a computer, was one of the best things that ever happened in my life. No matter where I move, you'll all follow me. (aren't you happy about that now, hey ??!!! LOL) I couldn't be any happier !!! We're supposed to move next summer & I'm already relieved to know that I won't loose you in the middle of it ! I'll loose the few friends I made here, which saddens me a lot, but that's life, and we have to walk to the next stop, no matter what we loose while walking. So, thanks everyone, for stopping by & for taking time to leave a word or two. (or more !) You're the best.I don't think we'll ever forget yesterday, it snowed some more during the day & after school, at 04.30pm, some of the boys' friends (from school, with their moms, themselves friends of mine) stayed in the garden (in the middle of the buildings) & we moms went to grab our sleighs, and we all had a sweet snowball fight & sleigh rides ! That was such good & sane fun, if you see what I mean. In fact, it was the first time U's been playing with snow, and first time he's had a sleigh ride or a snowball fight ! We moved so many times that we never got that much snow where we were. So that will stay a very sweet memory for us 3 (the boys & I). We just regret a lot that Chris wasn't here with us, we know he would have adored being there, but he was at work, so far away from us. But he was with me all the time, I kept him in my mind all the way through, just as if he was there with us.We stayed outside from 04.30 to 06.15pm & came back home happy & cold. :)As you can see with the very first photo, I also had fun playing with snow, but the grown-up way ... you see ... LOL ... with some thread. Oh about that thread ... just a tip because it's something that occured to me & I thought it might help people who actually use peal cotton thread. (by DMC) This thread comes in such an unpractical packaging, that I had to find another one, more practical. So I used a wooden clothespin & spooled (is that the word ?) the thread all around it until the end, and believe me it is much more practical now !In the afternoon, I also had this ... mmm ...I also wanted to show you the printed version of the printable calendar, and a screenshot of the desktop wallpaper I was talking about the other day ...Like I was writing to a friend yesterday, it's like having your own published calendar (as you could find in a bookstore !!), at very low cost, at home, with no packaging that comes with it (and that you have to throw) etc ... etc ... frankly, isn't that super neato ?! LOL Yesterday I also worked on the last mini felt pic (custom order) and I'm not finished today. There is more now than what you can see on the following pic, but I'm not finished yet. Must have felt creative yesterday as I also came up with a new idea to share with you. My idea is the following : re-using (boy do I love this word !!) a vintage (well, or new, as you like it) biscuit metal box/tin lid into a magnetic small board. Like I said in another entry, I'm about 100% sure this idea was already thought by someone else, but as I never saw it elsewhere (but I can NOT be everywhere, see everything), I thought I'd share it with you ! So ... I found a pretty metal lid I had at home, and checked how it looked, and it looked great ! Take a metal (from a biscuit tin) lid (or remove it from the tin if it's secure) :It should have little "holes" around the edges (where it was maybe fixed to the rest of the tin), where you can hang it to one or several nails on the wall :I didn't hang mine as we only rent this appartment, but this is how it could look with magnets & calling cards on :Doesn't it look nice ? I'm going to leave you with a video from yesterday, in the garden, so it will speak to you more !!! Enjoy your day, my friends ! Take care ! xoxo

Comments

  1. That re-purposed metal lid looks great Sonia! What a pretty clever craft you made out of it!

    Friends would always be there whatever the latitude. That's one thing I know for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lady what beautiful photos of the children playing in the snow. I bet it was wonderful coming back in doors with them red faced and tired laughing about their fun, just the best.

    I love the embroidery hon, its so inspiring. Much love X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Sonia! Wow, that looks like SO much fun, playing in the snow :-) Even if I'm even further up north, we don't have snow yet! But it's been several degrees below zero these past days so the lakes around us are all frozen, and since ALL of us love ice skating, we have certainly been keeping busy :-) Cute idea with the tin box lid, I could use something like that since our fridge and freezer are all built-in so I have no where to put magnets... Love and care to you all,
    Susanne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sonia! Yes, we will follow you wherever you go! ;) What a great idea to make that message board out of a pretty metal lid! LOVED the video- so picturesque and lovely to hear the little sounds of joy from the children! Chris will feel like he was there thru your video! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I say I love this tin idea? Can you tell I'm playing "blog catch-up"?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !