On our balcony, this morning at 09.I started to pre-write this entry yesterday (on Sunday evening) so that it gives me a bit more of "free" time today. Today the boys go back to school & Chris goes back to work, after two long/short weeks of vacation. The holidays mean being so busy at home, playing, cooking, keeping you busy (specially if the weather isn't nice), it means Christmas & all the excitement it brings (and all the busy-ness & pressure it brings to the crafty/mad people like me LOL) ... I'd almost admitt I'm happy to go back to my own daily little "routine". (NB : I hate this word). Only I will miss the presence of my hubby all day at home with us. Not that I will NOT miss the presence of my little ones, but being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) means that I see them all day long except the moments they're in school. (from 08.30am to 11.30am & from 01.30pm to 04.30pm) Before & after, they're all mine ! And as of course the moments they're in school, I have plenty to do (even though I don't work outside !), time goes by ever so quickly & in a blink of an eye, they're back home with me ! In a word, two whole weeks with them 24 hours a day is fantastic, but then mama needs a little break !! LOL Anyway they NEED to go back to the school week routine, as much as I do.
Yesterday afternoon, we went to Disneyland Paris (for new readers, we live 5mn by train from DP, or 15mn by foot)
Yesterday, in Disneyland Paris.Goodness it was cold. As it had been several weeks since we'd entered the parks, we decided to do some attractions. It's A Small World, and another one. But for this second attraction, we waited for 30mn, outside, it was probably -3°C ... for something that (truly) lasts 1 tiny single minute. How crazy were we ? I will not do that again, and Chris agreed too, the poor man couldn't feel his feet anymore. (blood bad circulation is hereditary in his family) Thankfully hot coffee came to the rescue ! LOL There were icicles where usually water flows, it was unbelievable ! Little ponds were obviously & absolutely frozen, poor birds ! (like on the photo above)
Snow is predicted for today, and the temps are supposed to go down to -7°C something on Wednesday, wow ! (I know, that's not the coldest temps in the world, but nobody owns specially warm/sky clothes over here, and even less ourselves, who come from the south !!)
Yesterday, in Disneyland Paris.And yes, today frost was replaced by ... snow ! Yeah !! We woke up to a slim cover of snow, but don't forget we come from the south ... even this is enough to make us happy !! Ah ah ! And as you can see, now I have flakes inside & flakes outside ... (and I'm even wearing my snowflakes earrings today, just to be matching the whole thing !!)
And you can see that I've had lots of feathery friends lately, I'm constantly reloading the birdfeeder.
I can see you, birdie birdie !! 
I had the lovely surprise this morning when visiting one of my fav blogs to visit daily (from the list on the right ->) ... Christy from Sweet Tidings is passing me on a lovely blog award !! Thanks so much dear Christy, I'm more than honored by it !
About the award : This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships ! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers !Well, wow, it'll be so tough to pass it on to 8 people only, have you seen the long list of blogs/friends I visit everyday ?! (why do you think I spend so much time at the computer, uh ?!) You're all a daily inspiration to me, each & every of you in your own way. I met so many wonderful friends thanks to the internet & to my blog & Flickr.
So please let me pick 8 blogs at random, because truly, I love them all so much : (I'd pass it on to you all if I could !)
- Anna of Perfect Weather To Fly (France)
- Maya of Maya*Made (US)
- Laurraine of Patchwork Pottery (Canada)
- Clare of Mbutterfudge (UK)
- Kara of Rockin' Granola (US)
- Lisa of Lil Fish Studios (US)
- Amy of Amy Quarry (Canada)
- Kirsten of Kirsten Can (US)
OK, more than enough for one day, right ? :) I wish you all a fab start to the new week !! Big hugs to all ! xoxoxo
edited : I had to share this following pic ... it's still snowing lightly & the boys had a blast having a small snowball fight with some of their friends ... as silly as it may sound, they never had a snowball fight ...
I understand what you mean about getting back to normal. Much as I enjoy having Bill home, it's also nice when he's back at work, and little one and I are left to do our own thing. Her sleep pattern has been a little bit out of whack lately, but today (and last night) we were able to get back to normal, and I like that. I need it and so does she. :O) I suspect I will be exactly the same when she's at school, miss her when she's not here, but also appreciate being able to get on. Mums are the glue that hold the homes together, and sometimes we need to be alone in order to get everything done to keep it running well.
ReplyDeleteWe are similar in so many ways Sonia, I don't have anything snowflakey on today (though I am in my winter white cardigan!) but little one does. She's in her pale pink cardi, that's decorated with snowflakes and the odd sequin here and there! With snow on the ground she just had to dress accordingly!
Well, time to get on. Have a lovely day. Oh, and I'm glad my list of New Year Resolutions inspired you! :O)
xxxx
You really deserved that award! I love the sparkly frostiness of the photos! That birdie silhouette behind the curtain is just soooo charming! I want it as my desktop wallpaper!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year Sonia! I love the photo of the boys enjoying a snow balls fight. Too cute. I can't believe your cold, I hope it stays snowy & a little less cold. Enjoy your routine once again, hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Sonia! How nice that you're getting some snow and it looks like the boys are truly enjoying it. I like your new entry page for 2009! Have a great week ahead! (((Hugz)))
ReplyDeleteHello Sonia, I totally understand the feeling of it being time for life to return to normal. Greg worked right through christmas, but the children were "itching" to see there friends again. I also need to clean up in peace, lol.
ReplyDeleteLove that you're loving the snow, although its just a shame its soooo cold.
Well Im flabbergasted about the award, well done you and huge thanks for passing it on to me, you'll make me cry hon. You have certainly made my blogging experience about Friendship. More than you could understand. I love sharing experiences about being a mother, a crafter, a wife and homemaker.
Thanks for making my day, again, always, much love ClareXX
I am looking forward to the routine again myself. It doesn't resume for me until Wednesday! Of course, I will miss being able to sleep in!
ReplyDeleteWe start our routine tomorrow as Claire starts all her classes again for the new year. I am hoping to work off some of those cookies I ate over the holidays! Thanks so much for including me in your very special list! By the way, I thought the birdie silhouette in the photo was a paper cut-out like the snowflake!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Laurraine
Sonia! You completely deserve that award because you are so excellent at making friends with all of us, and inspire me to make more of an effort to connect and not just lurk! Thank you so much for including me in your list! It was very sweet of you.
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to get back to routine. I thought I was going to do that today as hubby is back to work, but then Stella started throwing up today. sigh. Will be a few days I'm sure before we are back to normal.
In answer to your other comment - I will take Stella with me, my mom is at a fibromyalgia treatment center and so I will go to help her out, it looks like not till march though, and I might get treated too which is VERY exciting!
Enjoy the snow while it lasts!
thank you, sonia! so glad you finally got snow - too bad i can't send you some of ours, we have plenty!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Sonia, I only just had time and visit my favourite blogs, and I noticed this lovely post. You just made me smile from ear to ear!!
ReplyDeleteSending you big hugs. Oh by the way, it has been snowing here all day too. The world is such a beautiful place when it is all white.
Promise to be more online this year :) *smiles*
I really do do do try....
LOVE! xxx