Sixteen

I've been tagged by Isabel (from Rosaechocolat) and had to share 16 random facts about me ... I thought you'd be willing to read them here (specially if you don't follow me on Flickr) So here are they, even though you, my faithful blog readers, must already know most of them :

1. I live in France, and moved (inside France itself) 6 times between July 1999 & July 2007, and will move *once again*, back to the south where my hubby & I are native from, next July. (most probably)
2. I'm THE sweet tooth. Candy, cakes, chocolate, muffins (oh yes, muffins !) ... I want them all !
3. I'm very lazy when it comes to exercising (which goes very well with #2, right ??)
4. if I could, I wouldn't go to sleep & would craft the night away. BUT, I need approx. 6 or 7 hours to be able to walk & do all the stuff during the day !! LOL
5. I love to sew, to embroider (oh yes, I do, I do !), to carve stamps ... but I don't know how to crochet, to knit or to felt wool. Maybe one day.
6. I have two boys, P (born in 2002) & U (born in 2004)
7. I've always been a Stay At Home Mom, I never really started a job. (oh, I know this is going to shock some of you, sorry)
8. I started my crafts with cross-stitching, that my mom taught me, but after the birth of my 1st son, I gave up. First by lack of time, but then I understood that it was also because I hate to follow a pattern. I have to do MY own thing, create MYSELF what I want to do.
9. I took a diploma after two years at the university, in English, American & Italian Language, Literature & Civilization. It was back in 1998, so except English/American language, I'm not that good anymore !!
10. I love to bake, specially muffins, but if you follow me on Flickr, you must have already understood that !!
11. my favorite colors are red, pink, blue, white & offwhite. My favorite motifs are polka dots, gingham & floral. My favorite fabrics are linen & cotton.
12. I used to be a morning person, but now I think I'm more of a night owl !!
13. between 2001 & 2008, I used to draw (and sell) web graphics (for websites or blogs) but then everyone lost interests for websites, and I didn't bother going on drawing, I prefered crafting with a needle & thread !!!!
14. I love to take photos ! My parents offered me a new camera last February, and I have made (as of today) 6128 photos. But I really do wish I had a professional camera.
15. I don't wear make up, can't stand high heels (and can't walk with them anyway !), don't smoke, the only alcohol I bear is pink champagne, can't stand lying on a beach doing nothing (I have to build sandcastles with my boys, or pick shells but sleeping on my towel is not for me)
16. I think I'm half a countryside girl, and half a city girl. (if it's possible) But my heart's in the country. (in the middle of wildflowers & butterflies)

Yesterday afternoon I made some more Junk Mails Idea Notes. I had already used all the ones I made last time ! Apparently, it's working perfectly fine with me !

Yesterday evening, I wanted to work a bit on the 3rd week of the BDABCM (kitchen & hall shelves). When I suddenly had a brilliant idea : have the boys help me with the 6 shelves where reside most of their books ! And they were excited about cleaning, I couldn't believe it !!! LOL So next time you want to keep your children busy, have them helping you cleaning !!

Another way my boys found to keep them busy these last two days is ... bubble wrapping ! Almost everyone likes doing this, right ? Popping these little bubbles must be some kind of therapeutic, I suppose !!I'm almost thinking about keeping a bit of this in my bag ... for the moments we have to wait with them ... :D

I don't know why I'm sharing this, but you know I'm straight with you, so here is a pic of a half of my living-room, as it is most days, with laundry drying indoors (not allowed to put on the balcony, pooh !), but, OK, minus all the toys & games on the floor !!! (who do you think I am ?!!! LOL)
Yesterday evening, I was inspired to embroider/sew another felt gingerbread birdie, and I listed it this morning to the shop. I can't believe it already sold ! I'm having really TONS of fun making gingerbread biscuits (any shape), I plan to make new ones ASAP !Bye bye birdie !

I don't know exactly what we'll be doing this weekend, but I suppose we'll be going to Paris, as it's been weeks now since the last time. I hope for a crafty, cozy, busy weekend, like almost all our weekends are ! :) Have a delightful weekend everyone !! oxoxox

PS : I'm working on the Food section of the blog/website. I hope it'll be ready ASAP !!

Comments

  1. Yes, Sonia, it's me again = } I think I am the only one up this early, and I've already been up for over two hours (I'm definitely a morning person). I'm so happy to be the proud owner of your lovely birdie! What a nice surprise it was to see it in your shop. Have a wonderful weekend filled with all your favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubble wrap is like a can of Pringles chips... one you pop you can't stop! I'd say it's very therapeutic.

    I enjoyed reading your tag! You are indeed a wonderful , interesting person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you Sonia.

    Can't stop for a propper chat. Love your bird xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn! I was going to be greedy and buy that birdie!!! I love it too! especially the polka dot wings and the extra fancy border!

    It was nice to hear a bit more about yourself! I always hide from awards and tags...

    Big Hugs, Laurraine xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to get to know more about you since I am a newish reader. Lovely post! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your living room! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Sonia. LOVE getting to know you better! The photo is wonderful! What's inside that cabinet back there? :-)

    I think you must have much more attractive junk mail envelopes in France!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !