I.{heart}.Junk.Mail


My parents have gone back to their home now (and as I'm typing, they're still in the train) Their visit was so short that it almost felt unreal. I spent my morning today cleaning, laundrying, tidying up, hoovering ... housework in a word. It was so sunny (but so chill) that it always gets me in the mood for cleaning & getting things done.
So ... BDABCM Week 1 is now finished & everything went well. Bathroom & toilets are clean & tidy. I gave towels to my mom, she'll keep some & will give the rest to my MIL, who never buys new towels. (by lack of money, towels are always so expensive) My towels weren't that old, but I bought new ones last months (buy one, get one free, and they were excellent quality so I gave it a go, and now all my towels match) I gave other things to my mom, which she's supposed to use, I put all other things (that were inside the cupboards) to places where they belonged, and I have gained approx. 1/5 of both my cupboards. (they are small, so free room is vital) Expired medicines have been given back to the pharmacy (I do this regularly), old cosmetics were thrown, useless things too.

Week 2 : Hall & hall closets
Hoovering (this already happens one day another, goodness), then cleaning all the hall's (brown) carpet with my mix of water + vinegar + dish eco-friendly detergent, mint & tea tree essential oils. There are 3 closets in this hall, and all 3 need a good cleaning & hoovering inside. (one holds shoes, the other lots of different things like cardboard boxes, the hoover itself, DIY tool box and so on ..., the last holds clothes, sport shoes & other stuffs) I'll declutter them as much as possible, because they're places where clutter gets settled, if you see what I mean.

Junk mail now ... I've been collecting all the envelopes that come with the mail you get (you know, the ones that does NOT come from your friends & family) I even made my parents keep them, I also told my inlaws but they forgot. Here is a little idea that I came up with the other day, when I was thinking what I could do with these many envelopes. LITTLE IDEA NOTE CARDS. That's what I'm going to re-use them for. I have a magnetic memo board (from Ikea) & lots of magnets that I love to buy on Etsy. I have tons of ideas for this & for that & again for this, I try to note them down in a notebook, but I end forgetting about them. Now they'll be right under my eyes !! Now look what I've made with these envelopes, which, according to me, have very lovely patterns :I cut them to keep only usable pieces of paper ... then I traced a shape on them(I used a big puncher as pattern to have approx. the same size for all my notecards, but you could have different sizes as well)Then I cut them with regular scissors ...Then with a scalloped one ...And then I stamped them with my little logo handcarved stamp, but you could use any other small stamp, or no stamp at all ...And got lots of lovely little notecards ...Now look how pretty it looks on the memo board ... I am so in love. I'm going to cut all my junk mail envelopes in that purpose & will have enough little ideas note cards for the next ten years !! ahahah !!
Must go pick the boys at school ... I'm almost late !! Big hugs to all !! xoxoxo take care !

Comments

  1. Hi Sonia! Guess what? You won in my little giveaway! Kindly email me your snail mail address soon. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sonia, you're so cute and clever! Only you would come up with a good idea for recycling junk mail! ;) Sorry your parent's visit was so short. I'm sure it's hard for them to leave, too. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely adorable idea, that is just SO SO Sonia, another simply fabulous idea!! You're an absolute star of re-cycling my sweet friend :-)
    Love and care,
    Susanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. très inventive ! tu m'épates. en plus tes photos sont un régal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought up such an idea, my junk mail usually goes into the recycle paper bin.. This is great though, because I am forever writing notes to charlie to remind him about things, or notes for shopping, or just even adding up my banking.. I shall start saving the junk mail envelopes and soon have enough to make a nice little stack. I think a stack of these with a pretty ribbon and a pen would make a nice gift for some one also..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastically simply wonderful idea. This is what recycling is all about. Something we each have in our hands many times in a week - rarely looking at (hoping the bill inside isn't too scary!).
    I'll be keeping all my bill envelopes from now on. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you think of this? Wonderful idea, such lovely different papers. Clever lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sonia!
    What a clever idea to reuse junk mail! I would of never thought of that. lol
    I am sorry your parents visit was so short. I hope you will see them again soon.
    Take care and have a wonderful Friday. :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what a cute idea for boring junk envelopes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the things I could get done if I had your energy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely idea Sonia. If I could be bothered to, I'd do it! Much nicer than just sticking in the recycling bin. :O)

    Yes, it was the sample of CK fabric I used for my latest rose. And by an amazing stroke of serendipity, when Bill opened his post last night, they'd sent another 3 samples to him! Brilliant! I can make more this way now.

    Hope you are staying warm over there. Our snow and ice has temporarily stopped, but instead there is freezing fog. It's a right pea souper. The trees look lovely though, delicately iced with tiny white diamonds. Beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. me again. Just wanted to let you know I'd sent you an email. Sometimes my mails go missing in cyber space, so I always like to tell the recipient that I've sent one!
    :O)

    ooh, stay warm too. Sounds much colder where you are. One part of the UK made it to -12 the other night! Thankfully, it wasn't quite that cold in my neck of the woods! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, love it, love it!!! I'm going to go rescue some envelopes right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful! I think your junk maqil is much prettier than ours ;o) Hugs, Laurraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. How good idea... very very good!!! I love it!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !