Christmas is over now, and the year is coming to a very end. Thank goodness the sun's been shining the last two day & it's predicted to shine for the coming week ! Yeah ! But, good gracious, it's freezing outside ! Look at the frozen birdbath !
The boys have been rather hard to deal with/handle these past days, which is not very pleasant, but which we have to do with. Naughty little boys. :( In the meantime, I try to work on the different craft projects I have in the making. Big or little. Little like the suncatchers (from the Advent calendar) that I made & sewed together to make a vertical mobile, now hanging in the kitchen & looking great with the sun shining through !
Or bigger like my hubby's gift (YES, it wasn't ready for Christmas, but as we didn't exchange gifts ... it didn't matter ! - how weird does that sound, I know, but we didn't need anything ... even though the gift I'm making is for Chris, everyone will enjoy, me included-) It'd ALMOST finished, really. And I have a custom order of mini felt pics that I have to work on this weekend & week.
Today we received a lovely parcel from Clare & family ... a fabulous metal box full of lots & lots of chocolate chips shortbread from Marks & Spencer ! What a delightful & delicious surprise ! Thanks so much Clare, we absolutely adooooored them !! You're just the sweetest ! {I have been so blessed with snail mail goodness these past month ! thanks so much friends !}
I loved the gorgeous kraft paper she used to wrap the box, and had the idea to re-use it to cover an egg box (also re-using here), to store all my beloved Christmas magnets (all purchased on Etsy).
Egg boxes are so handy to store little things like magnets ! You should give it a try !
Yesterday, as I was ironing my Himalaya of clothes (well, only one third of it ... two thirds are still waiting for me !! LOL), I thought "Why wouldn't I iron neatly my fabrics as well ?" ... and that's what I did. Lookie look ... it looks so nice then ! (but ... how long will it last ???!)
Recipes & tutorial will come soon, I promise. We're enjoying being at home with Chris so much, we cook & play & enjoy each other so much (well, expect when the boys are THAT naughty !) that time does fly by like never !
Take good care everyone, I hope you all have a great weekend ahead !! xoxo
PS : do you like the tighter layout ? I kind of prefer it to the wider one. I will change the decoration soon too. I have completed my switch from Lycos to Strato (web hosting), so I'm really relieved & hope to re-organize online things too, soon. :) Oh my ... SOOOO many things to do, and sooooo little time ! LOL
The boys have been rather hard to deal with/handle these past days, which is not very pleasant, but which we have to do with. Naughty little boys. :( In the meantime, I try to work on the different craft projects I have in the making. Big or little. Little like the suncatchers (from the Advent calendar) that I made & sewed together to make a vertical mobile, now hanging in the kitchen & looking great with the sun shining through !
Or bigger like my hubby's gift (YES, it wasn't ready for Christmas, but as we didn't exchange gifts ... it didn't matter ! - how weird does that sound, I know, but we didn't need anything ... even though the gift I'm making is for Chris, everyone will enjoy, me included-) It'd ALMOST finished, really. And I have a custom order of mini felt pics that I have to work on this weekend & week.Today we received a lovely parcel from Clare & family ... a fabulous metal box full of lots & lots of chocolate chips shortbread from Marks & Spencer ! What a delightful & delicious surprise ! Thanks so much Clare, we absolutely adooooored them !! You're just the sweetest ! {I have been so blessed with snail mail goodness these past month ! thanks so much friends !}

I loved the gorgeous kraft paper she used to wrap the box, and had the idea to re-use it to cover an egg box (also re-using here), to store all my beloved Christmas magnets (all purchased on Etsy).
Egg boxes are so handy to store little things like magnets ! You should give it a try !Yesterday, as I was ironing my Himalaya of clothes (well, only one third of it ... two thirds are still waiting for me !! LOL), I thought "Why wouldn't I iron neatly my fabrics as well ?" ... and that's what I did. Lookie look ... it looks so nice then ! (but ... how long will it last ???!)
Recipes & tutorial will come soon, I promise. We're enjoying being at home with Chris so much, we cook & play & enjoy each other so much (well, expect when the boys are THAT naughty !) that time does fly by like never !Take good care everyone, I hope you all have a great weekend ahead !! xoxo
PS : do you like the tighter layout ? I kind of prefer it to the wider one. I will change the decoration soon too. I have completed my switch from Lycos to Strato (web hosting), so I'm really relieved & hope to re-organize online things too, soon. :) Oh my ... SOOOO many things to do, and sooooo little time ! LOL
Thrilled you like your London Bus. Such a good idea to reuse the paper, we always do that also. I do love your organised fabrics, so lovely to see everything, and plan some crafting. I need to do that again, Im so messy. Talk soon, much love ClareXX
ReplyDeleteThe suncatchers turned out so pretty! My hubby and I didn't exchange gifts either. We decided that we would buy an LCD TV and some clothes and new fry pans.
ReplyDeleteYour fabrics are so pretty! I never wash mine before hand unless I am making something that needs to be an exact finished size. That way I do not need to wash, iron & fold... maybe I am just lazy ;o)
Hugs, Laurraine xox
Love the suncatchers and the fabric! I also like the narrow layout!
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I bought bicycles for our Christmas presents. We need to get in shape!
that suncatcher looks terrific. i think we'll need one when the decorations all come down tomorrow!
ReplyDelete