Much.To.Talk.About

SO much (really) that I don't know where to start !! LOL One piece of cake at a time, as my friend Sadie would say ... :D

First thing, here is a catch up of yesterday's advent activity ... making paper snowflakes.Today ... Activities Advent Calendar - Day 6 : Reading Christmas books & drinking cocoa + marshmallows ! YUM ! Great fun !Sorry for the bad/yellow light, the activity was done a bit late, sometime around 08.30pm, so happy light was not my friend by then.

So. Today we spent the day in Paris. The poor boys hadn't been there for more than two weeks as they'd been so ill/sick then. So we went (to make long short) to Quartier Saint Paul again. (4th arrondissement) where my hubby makes us discover (he very recently discovered it himself, via a colleague) a Jewish area (shops, restaurants, bakeries etc). Oh good gracious, we stopped by a bakery (apparently founded in 1932) where Chris entered to buy a little bun for the boys who were VERY hungry. He entered with U, and one of the ladies there gave him a yummy sugar cookie sprinkled with colorful sugar balls. Chris & U showed P & me when they got out of the shop & suddenly the same lady went out of her shop with another cookie for P, saying she knew there had to be a brother outside ! How sweet was that ?! I have a strong mental note to go back there & buy bagels & pastramis & cheesecakes, I can't believe that we missed such a place for so long ! It was like having a shop from New York, right in the middle of Paris !! Amazing ! And the walls of the shop, outside, were covered by a gorgeous mosaic ! Look !We had lunch in an Italian restaurant, and had such a great time ! Then we headed to ... the Palais de la Découverte, again (went there almost a month ago) We had a blast when one of the scientists there showed us (and made the boys participate) an experiement (one hour long !) with liquid air !We watched several other "experiements/stands" (don't know the word for it, sorry) Had fun looking at ants, carrying all kinds of materials ... like flower petals ...When it was time to go, the museum was closing ! (06pm) We wanted to enter the metro station but it was so over-crowded (that was on the Champs Elysées - and there was a huuuuge Christmas market), that we couldn't enter it. So we decided to take a looooong walk to Madeleine metro station. (quite far away) That's what we did, but gosh we were tired then ! This is what we saw on our way.
Beautiful, right ? (even though not very ecological, all these millions lights) :(
We were back home around 07.30pm, and boy we were tired ! LOL
I also wanted to show you (in case you don't visit my Flickr), the winter display I created in the living room. I was looking for an eco-friendly to fake snow, and I came with the idea of using salt (not the fine one), and also with the idea of re-using the pine cones that were picked in the fall, and pretend they're trees in the snow. I had just bought (kind of) branches with silky white buds, and it makes such a simple, a bit zen, winter display. I used two glass water bottles I had bought last year. I often use them as vases.
And here is the tree in front of U's school ...And of course the 4th part of the Tailor of Gloucester tale ...

Oh my, time for me to go to bed ... everyone already has ... it's midnight. Have a great weekend everyone ! Big hugs xoxoxo
Oh wait wait wait ... one last pic from today ... in a bakery in Quartier Saint Paul as well ... we'll have to go back there too !!

Comments

  1. Oh Sonia, that sounds like such a wonderful day! Your decorations are just simply gorgeous. You should come here and decorate my house! (and we'll drink coffee and eat muffins)

    Big belly hugs from the snowy US.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post Sonia! I'm sure your boys were very excited to do such exciting things after being ill, bless them. I love the sound of the Jewish bakery, how kind of the lady in there. The exterior of it is beautiful. The sort of place I would definitely want to find if I was exploring Paris. Love the lights on Champs D'Elysee and also the tree outside U's school, so pretty. Have a great week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetie your photos are wonderful, you've been so busy. Wonderful news that the boys seem all better. Cocoa and marshmallows, could there be a more wonderful drink? So lovely to see. I love seeing your photos of Paris, god it looks so beautiful.
    Love your snowy scene, what a wonderful idea, I may pinch that. Have a good week hon, much love ClareXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao dear Sonia, what a lovely post, we really liked reading it! :) Have a happy new week ahead, good night & sweet dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sonia,
    What a lovely day you all had - thank you for the glimpse into a little corner of a beautiful city!
    And your crafts + Advent fun is so inspiring.

    Just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of my Sew Mama Sew giveaway. Please email me your address so I can post your goodies off to you. ellieabeck (AT) hotmail (DOT) com

    Take care, Ellie - Petalplum
    http://petalplum.blogspot.com/2008/12/wow-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. so much to catch up on, and of course, I've left it too late as little Lady is now awake! I've been playing catch up with a few outstanding jobs while she napped.

    Lovely photos. I liked your pine cone/salt snow idea. Very sweet. Gorgeous photos of Paris too.

    Thanks for your comment today. I know the headless chicken feeling!
    Hope your day is now calm, relaxed and organised!
    Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I live in the middle of nowhere, I tell you! There is so little for us to get out and DO. Your decorations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can confirm: dont't worry those small lights in the Champs Elysees trees ARE ecological!!! (however, I cannot say for the Grande Roue...). Thank you for those pictures, I do not know this bakery, looks nice.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment today's blog post ! It's much appreciated ! :) Have a great rest of the day !